Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

Nothing wrong with decreasing capacity a bit.  Only Arizona has increased theirs (unless my information is wrong) and Utah is going to increase theirs (deservedly).  Are they going to add those loge seating?  It seems like the rage these days.

13 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Nothing wrong with decreasing capacity a bit.  Only Arizona has increased theirs (unless my information is wrong) and Utah is going to increase theirs (deservedly).  Are they going to add those loge seating?  It seems like the rage these days.

Arizona is decreasing their capacity as well by replacing bleacher seating with individual chairs in some sections.

We're going from around 57,000 to a bit over 50,000.

21 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

img614

going from roughly 46k to 51,444 with the new South End Zone 

2 hours ago, Scorcho said:

img614

going from roughly 46k to 51,444 with the new South End Zone 

Here's a video.. Should be completed before the 2021 season.. Much more premium seating/suites, more GA seating, new locker rooms, meeting rooms, band facilities, better medical/treatment rooms.. Utah fans have been waiting a long time for this. With standing room seating, I'm guessing we see about $52K+ on game day.

$80M project. Lead gift was $17M by the Garff Family. Total fundraising was $35M.. The rest will be funded by the school and or bonds.

Here is the current setup..

See the source image

1 hour ago, Orange said:

I'm pleased that it's the Utes, and not BYU, that will be the premier program in the state of Utah forever.  #FuckThoseMormons

The programs really have been going in different directions since 2003, when Meyer turned the Utes around.. We are 14-3 against them since 2002.. Since we've joined the P12 and they went Indy, the separation has been more glaring from everything to performance, national relevance, interest and revenue...

You can walk into of all places Walmart locally and see isles full of Ute gear/swag and maybe a tiny corner of BYU gear..

No contest.

On 11/5/2019 at 11:24 AM, Orange said:

I have no idea why our facilities would be behind WSU.

OSU is moving forward with a Reser renovation, but it won't increase capacity (nor should it).

https://www.gazettetimes.com/news/local/the-million-redo-osu-moving-ahead-with-reser-upgrades/article_1f1585da-14a4-584c-9524-c800b8016941.html

It might be all facilities, not specifically football

27 minutes ago, Scorcho said:

AZ's stadium looks like it should hold more, but maybe that's because of the sheer vertical-ness of it.  It's tall.  Its built like a ski run at Snowbird, straight up and down.

Are you hinting at UA starting a skiing program? :lol: That would be a good ski jump facility in that case.

34 minutes ago, Scorcho said:

AZ's stadium looks like it should hold more, but maybe that's because of the sheer vertical-ness of it.  It's tall.  Its built like a ski run at Snowbird, straight up and down.

I've sat in those seats up top and it's pretty vertical. They just did some work on that side of the stadium, mostly in the concourse area. It's tough to work on that side of the stadium because the Steward Observatory Mirror Lab below.

th?id=OIP.5eUVSjf7RZpgKCJ3hszTJgHaE9&pid

1002_thumb.jpg?itok=Mdbbc_eN

very-interesting-tour.jpg

mirror-blank.jpg

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

It looks like the new Hayward Field will make its debut for the Pac-12 T&F Championships in May. It will also host the Olympic Trials in June. Only in Eugene would a dedicated Track and Field stadium be built. It's kind of nuts when you think about it, but it is amazing.

https://hayward.uoregon.edu/about

That thing is fucking amazing.  It's totally reshaped that area of campus that I used to know so well.

• PAC MAN changed the title to Athletic Facilities