Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

• 1 month later...

Just saw this on Twitter...what's coming to Corvallis?

CWxUUzSUkAA-9_a.jpg

Haven't you heard? Since CU now has "the best facilities in the country" which is apparently a "game changer", all other P12 schools will have to re-do their current facilities even if they are in good shape just to keep up with powerhouse CU.

I think Utah is tearing down their bran new football facility and taking a tour of CU's new duds just to see where we went wrong and start from scratch...

• Like 1

They have loge boxes on the east side (the new side) and I believe there are plans for loge boxes on the to-be-determined potential, possible in the future west side renovation as well. My guess is when the west side is done, it will be a giant grand stand without luxury boxes or premium seating since those are hardly selling out now. But, then again, by the time the renovation is back on the table, perhaps OS is winning more. 

I probably shouldn't admit it, but one particularly inebriated evening I crawled under the plywood box that covered the pole vault pad and slept there. I crawled out at about 7 a.m., and a bunch of track athletes were already out there practicing. It was pretty embarrassing escaping Hayward that morning. 

I grew up in Eugene and spent 5 years of schooling at UO between undergrad and law school there.  As much as I am jaded toward the UO and its fans and culture, I've always been an unwavering admirer of Hayward Field and the UO track program.  It's really cool how that juggernaut has put Eugene on the T&F map, not just in the U.S., but now the world.

• PAC MAN changed the title to Athlethic Facilities
  • PAC MAN changed the title to Athletic Facilities