Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Has been awhile since this thread has been updated.  I find it hard to believe that they are already replacing the lockers in CU's men's basketball locker room since they were new back in 2011 and now they are doing that again.

For the pace of CU athletic upgrades, this is pretty fast.

per Wilner:

The name of the venerable Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum won't change, after all. USC and United Airlines have reached a revised agreement that leaves the stadium name alone but turns the playing surface into "United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum." The Trojans won't receive $69 million -- the terms of the previous deal -- but we don't know the dollars involved this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/8/3/general-buffs-ad-george-talks-facilities-upgrades-early-games-schedule.aspx

AD Rick George talks about current and upcoming work on Folsom Field.

New wi-fi system this year.

CU fans have been all over the athletic department to upgrade the audio system and it seems like it will happen sooner than later.

CU's next big job on Folsom Field will be the west side stands.  Photo of west side below.

image.jpeg.783055e3db8bc94545f56d1dc2929a75.jpeg

Cool video. Personally, I would have tried to preserve more of the old Hayward Field stands somehow. But, I think it is pretty clear already that this new stadium will be so different and so striking on this site that it will make everyone forget about old stadium very quickly.

31 minutes ago, row Z said:

Cool video. Personally, I would have tried to preserve more of the old Hayward Field stands somehow. But, I think it is pretty clear already that this new stadium will be so different and so striking on this site that it will make everyone forget about old stadium very quickly.

I used to live on 22nd and Agate(the video perspective is 15th and agate) and I don't even recognize it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • PAC MAN changed the title to Athletic Facilities