Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

It has been 16 seasons since UCLA last won a conference title. The Bruins will never win another Pac-12 championship until they build an on-campus football stadium.

Until that happens elite recruits will continue to see that UCLA does not put much importance in its football program.

Well that is one crazy theory.

Arizona State hasn't won a title in nearly 20 years. ASU will never win another PAC-12 championship until they improve their academic standing.

Until that happens elite recruits will continue to see that ASU does not put much importance on its football program

• Like 1

USC could spend up to $600 million in LA Coliseum renovation

Athletic Director Pat Haden has the DLR Group plans for the renovation of the Coliseum. Construction will begin in two years. USC will keep the outer shell of the Coliseum, and they will rebuild the inside of it.

The Fred Roggin Show

3308_630x440.jpg

3307_630x440.jpg

Need to start over. This stadium, like the Rose Bowl are pieces of crap. 

• 1 month later...

ASU has released an updated rendering for Sun Devil Stadium.

The new rendering comes after the Arizona Board of Regents approved the $256 million construction budget and the hiring of Gould Evans/HTNB to design the new stadium which will hold 60,000 people.

EXMZYRIBGGTBIWK.20150303210020.jpg

With football coming to a close, it's a good time to review the Pac-12 facilities across the conference.  Here is what I know:

• CU AD Rick George is updating the CU Board of Regents TODAY about CU's $170 million facilities plan.  From what I have heard, there could be changes to what former AD Mike Bohn put in.  You could read some news on that soon.
  • Utah is planning on building a new basketball practice facility beginning in the spring.  I think the next item is expansion of RES.
  • WSU will finish the football ops building but any other plans beyond that?
  • I don't see any plans for new facilities at UW.
  • I'm sure Cal won't be builidng new facilities for awhile but they do have some nice facilities.
  • Stanford opened a new extension for football ops.
  • Isn't UCLA building a football ops building?  After extending to keep Mora, I'm sure there will be new stuff in Westwood.
  • Any news on the renovation of the Coliseum for USC?
  • Will ASU play their home games somewhere else during the 2014 or 2015 season as they rebuild Sun Devil Stadium?
  • I don't see anything for UA...their facilities must be up to date.
  • Will Oregon expand Autzen?
  • When will OSU finish the other half of Reser?

Nahhhhh....Cartel Money doesn't help the members of your conf at all.  :rolleyes:

It's looking like UO is going all-in on track & field. Eugene lost its bid to host the 2019 world T&F championships to Doha, Qatar by just three votes, even though it was considered by many a long shot to Doha and Barcelona. Apparently the deciding factor was that Hayward Field seats 10,500, and seating for 30,000 was a requirement. Interestingly, the world championships have never been held in U.S., and only once in North America (Edmonton). Rumor is that Hayward will be renovated and expanded in the next few years, and UO will add a national-level indoor T&F facility adjacent to Hayward. There currently is no permanent indoor facility on the west coast.

UCLA announces the Mo Ostin Basketball Facility. http://www.uclabasketballfacility.com/

UCLA had previously announced the plans for the Wasserman Football Facility

Both are going to be built simultainiously and should be done in 2017. They also are pretty much donored funded as the UC system wont allow new construction unless it's been funded prior to being built

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2015/03/20/planning-doak-campbell-stadiums-future/25094325/

"You used to be able to count for sell-out ticket revenue to really pay the financing of the venue. You had much bigger projections," said Andrew J. Jacobs, Director of Sports Architecture at Rosser, an Atlanta-based company that is working with Seminole Boosters, Inc., and FSU on the project.

"What has happened in stadiums, you need the premium revenue to pay for your debt service. The rule of thumb, you need 20 percent of your seats to generate 80 percent of your revenue."

Interesting take.  That would explain why some recent stadium additions has been basically club level/suite box seating.  This is related to Florida State's upcoming expansion of Doak Campbell Stadium where they will add 6,000 club level seats.

Looking around the PAC, we have the newer south side seats at UA's stadium, the new suite/club seating at Martin Stadium for WSU, the new Husky Stadium, and what is happening at CU's Folsom Field.  I will go back and look at the specifics for the new Sun Devil Stadium but it wouldn't surprise me to see more club level seating.  That could very well explain why Utah is taking its sweet time on deciding how to expand RES.  If money isn't an issue, they will finally finish Reser Stadium in Corvallis.  And we got those grand plans for USC & UCLA's stadiums.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been 16 seasons since UCLA last won a conference title. The Bruins will never win another Pac-12 championship until they build an on-campus football stadium.

Until that happens elite recruits will continue to see that UCLA does not put much importance in its football program.

UCLA is struggling recruiting elite talent?

• PAC MAN changed the title to Athlethic Facilities
  • PAC MAN changed the title to Athletic Facilities