Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

Try as I might, I can't think of any downside to this, other than we'd be the only conference doing it, therefore guaranteeing 6 of our schools have one more loss to a P5 oponent. I am on board with the 11 game round robin idea. 

Lost money, lost home games and lost bowl games.  Pretty much everything they play a season for.  Moreover, it would blow up the conference.  You would be telling USC that they could only play ND OOC, so half the time no OOC home game.

Try as I might, I can't think of any downside to this, other than we'd be the only conference doing it, therefore guaranteeing 6 of our schools have one more loss to a P5 oponent. I am on board with the 11 game round robin idea.

A boring schedule, hurts OOS recruiting with less games out of region, less exposure, more guaranteed losses for PAC 12 schools, less chances for big OOC wins to boost conference, less money, and for what just to give more schools access to LA.

With the exception of the Big-12, all P5 conferences have the same problem: not enough conference games. Nine conference games are not enough. Eight is just flat out ridiculous. 

The P5 could help the situation by going to a 13 game schedule with each conference playing 10 conference games and 3 OOC.

With the exception of the Big-12, all P5 conferences have the same problem: not enough conference games. Nine conference games are not enough. Eight is just flat out ridiculous. 

The P5 could help the situation by going to a 13 game schedule with each conference playing 10 conference games and 3 OOC.

NCAA wouldn't want to play that many games.  The eventual Champion more than likely would have to play 16 games (conference title game + 2 playoff games). And 17 if they play @Hawaii and choose to play an extra game.  And the Big 12 would more than likely have to add more cream puffs to their schedules as they only have 9 conference games available and the other P5 teams would be less willing since they have their own schedule demands

NCAA wouldn't want to play that many games.  

NCAA and most everybody else would go to 13 games for the additional revenue. The only ones firmly against it would be the university presidents. They have the final word.

A boring schedule, hurts OOS recruiting with less games out of region, less exposure, more guaranteed losses for PAC 12 schools, less chances for big OOC wins to boost conference, less money, and for what just to give more schools access to LA.

I'd rather play CU every year, than play crap St from 1-AA.

i support in-state fcs scheduling, but that's about it. i would love to see see oregon and oregon state trading off games against portland state, to help fund the in-state kids.

of course, that's not going to happen, but that's as far as i support fcs scheduling. that said, until we have away to enforce these ooc home/home agreements, it's going to continue unabated. when one school backs out on you a year or two prior to playing, you have to scramble to fill that hole. sometimes there's nothing left. if/when we break from the ncaa, I'd like to see two schools sign a contractual agreement if they're going to schedule one another ten years out so that a new coach/ AD doesn't get cold feet five years later.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to appreciate the realism of that rendering. Those Buffalo players look totally confused, and they're moving in four different directions. 

Nice one.. LOL.. I guess that also blows Jalapeno's theory out of the water that somehow, someway CU's new facilities will give them some sort of advantage over the rest of the conference that already have updated, new facilities..

Nice one.. LOL.. I guess that also blows Jalapeno's theory out of the water that somehow, someway CU's new facilities will give them some sort of advantage over the rest of the conference that already have updated, new facilities..

UCLA does not have new athletic facilities yet.

• PAC MAN changed the title to Athlethic Facilities
  • PAC MAN changed the title to Athletic Facilities