2022 Pac 12 Football

Mano

On 8/18/2022 at 12:09 AM, Mano said:

A win would mean little, but a loss would be huge.

I respectfully disagree in what a win would do.  Winning at the home of one of the SEC's blue-bloods, even if they are a bit down, along with the Pac-12's diminished reputation, would turn heads and solidify a high national ranking for the Utes.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 9:40 AM, EastCoastFan said:

I respectfully disagree in what a win would do.  Winning at the home of one of the SEC's blue-bloods, even if they are a bit down, along with the Pac-12's diminished reputation, would turn heads and solidify a high national ranking for the Utes.

Just in time to lose to SUU and SDSU and then go undefeated in conference. 

On 7/7/2022 at 6:01 PM, Orange said:

lol, I honestly don't know.  I think J. Smith is the answer, and he should have the program rolling in the right direction, and could easily pick it up to 8-9 wins this year.  We've got great RBs, and they did some heavier recruiting along the line.

That said, I don't know how many countless defections to other programs we'll get as a result of USC and UCLA leaving the Pac.

I see a 7-5 outcome, with losses to "one" OOC opponent, USC, Oregon, Washington and Utah.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:13 AM, Spaztecs said:

In the hunt for CCG:

Utah, U$C, Oregon

Dark Horses: 

Ucla, OSU, UW

Awaiting a call up to the New12:

ASU, Arizona, Colorado

CCG will be Utah and USC.  It will be a rematch of their earlier meeting, and the winner of the first meeting will be the winner of the CCG.  Lincoln Riley has brought in a lot of talent and USC will be drastically different from recent years. 

On 8/19/2022 at 9:40 AM, EastCoastFan said:

It's hard to know what it will mean, until the season plays out.  If Utah wins and UF makes a lot of noise in the SEC, then Utah's win would get better with every UF victory.  If Utah loses, people will jump on the "PAC12 is weak" bandwagon, is UF has an average-to-below-average season.  Overall, Utah win would be good for the PAC12, not just Utah - regardless of how good or bad UF's season turns out.  Both teams need a win, in this game, for different reasons.  That being said, I stated on these threads, after Utah lost the Rose Bowl, in January, that Utah would beat UF, in Gainesville, next week.

On 8/15/2022 at 6:05 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Assuming Notre Dame loses in Week One to Ohio State, while A&M feasts on Sam Houston and Clemson also does so with Georgia Tech, the pivotal game will be the Utes at the Gators.  A Utah win will very likely place them up to #4 nationally.

In the AP, which means nothing, given that the only rankings that matter, come from the CFP Committee, in the first weekend in November.