2022 Pac 12 Football

Mano

Colgate is in the Patriot League, not the Ivy.

I am not sure if anyone is very good nationally with the exception of Georgia and Ohio St. 

Alabama should have lost to Texas and would have if Ewers doesn't get hurt.  Oklahoma has lost to K-State which lost to Tulane (who may be good). Clemson won in OT and I am not buying Kentucky, who won by only 1 score vs NIU.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 6:16 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Apparently the speaker system made up for it -- adding to the audio imbalance

I think a lot more of it was Bray's strategy of not providing a defensive look until the last second, and switching up looks.  Reser is loud, but hardly the loudest stadium in the conference.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 12:25 PM, win2bfree said:

Colgate is in the Patriot League, not the Ivy.

I am not sure if anyone is very good nationally with the exception of Georgia and Ohio St. 

Alabama should have lost to Texas and would have if Ewers doesn't get hurt.  Oklahoma has lost to K-State which lost to Tulane (who may be good). Clemson won in OT and I am not buying Kentucky, who won by only 1 score vs NIU.

My apologies regarding Colgate.  I was thinking of Cornell.  That being said, like the Ivy League, the Patriot League is an FCS level program, and the point remains the same.

Secondly, your "I hate BAMA slip" is showing.  You are speculating that BAMA would have lost if Ewers had not gotten injured.  You don't know that for fact.  I can point to factors that would suggest that BAMA should have and could have won by 3 TDs.  But woulda, coulda and shoulda mean nothing.  In the end, they won.

Third, Oklahoma lost to K-State, and imo, will lose again.  Conference games are where most upsets take place.  It's not easy to go undefeated in conference play.  And Tulane has losses coming their way, too.

Third, Ohio State struggled with Notre Dame, who lost to Marshall (who just lost to Troy), and who has not performed very well, overall.  I don't think Ohio State has faced a difficult opponent and will lose twice before season is over.

Clemson won in OT against a decent team, in their conference.  Again, conference games tend to be more difficult to win and is where upsets are more likely to occur.  In the end, Clemson won.

"Kentucky only won by one score vs. NIU".  UK was up by two scores with 3 minutes left.  NIU played well, but UK set the pace throughout, and there was never a real threat of them losing.  At the end of the day, UK won.

My primary point is that the PAC12 - in most years - does not perform well in OOC play.  This year, each "signature win" (Wisconsin and Michigan State) came against teams that are proving to not be good.  Oregon's win over Ohio State (2021) was and exception, and good, but in the end, Ohio State couldn't win their conference.

Georgia is the cream.  BAMA is very good (don't let the Texas game mislead you), but I think UGA is better.  Ohio State is good, but very beatable when facing a quality opponent - which they have not faced this year.

My Final Four CFP prediction is Georgia, BAMA, Clemson or Michigan, and USC.  I think UGA drills USC, and BAMA beats Clemson or Michigan, setting up a third UGA-BAMA NCG, with UGA repeating.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:48 PM, HLB said:

My apologies regarding Colgate.  I was thinking of Cornell.  That being said, like the Ivy League, the Patriot League is an FCS level program, and the point remains the same.

Secondly, your "I hate BAMA slip" is showing.  You are speculating that BAMA would have lost if Ewers had not gotten injured.  You don't know that for fact.  I can point to factors that would suggest that BAMA should have and could have won by 3 TDs.  But woulda, coulda and shoulda mean nothing.  In the end, they won.

Third, Oklahoma lost to K-State, and imo, will lose again.  Conference games are where most upsets take place.  It's not easy to go undefeated in conference play.  And Tulane has losses coming their way, too.

Third, Ohio State struggled with Notre Dame, who lost to Marshall (who just lost to Troy), and who has not performed very well, overall.  I don't think Ohio State has faced a difficult opponent and will lose twice before season is over.

Clemson won in OT against a decent team, in their conference.  Again, conference games tend to be more difficult to win and is where upsets are more likely to occur.  In the end, Clemson won.

"Kentucky only won by one score vs. NIU".  UK was up by two scores with 3 minutes left.  NIU played well, but UK set the pace throughout, and there was never a real threat of them losing.  At the end of the day, UK won.

My primary point is that the PAC12 - in most years - does not perform well in OOC play.  This year, each "signature win" (Wisconsin and Michigan State) came against teams that are proving to not be good.  Oregon's win over Ohio State (2021) was and exception, and good, but in the end, Ohio State couldn't win their conference.

Georgia is the cream.  BAMA is very good (don't let the Texas game mislead you), but I think UGA is better.  Ohio State is good, but very beatable when facing a quality opponent - which they have not faced this year.

My Final Four CFP prediction is Georgia, BAMA, Clemson or Michigan, and USC.  I think UGA drills USC, and BAMA beats Clemson or Michigan, setting up a third UGA-BAMA NCG, with UGA repeating.

How the fuck do you write these 1,000-word treatises where you discount every SEC loss and play up every Pac-12 loss without feeling like the dumbest, most dishonest dipshit on earth?

On 9/29/2022 at 1:48 PM, Orange said:

How the fuck do you write these 1,000-word treatises where you discount every SEC loss and play up every Pac-12 loss without feeling like the dumbest, most dishonest dipshit on earth?

I didn't mention any SEC losses to OOC opponents, so how can it be said that I was discounted every SEC loss.  And where did I play up every PAC12 loss?

But since you mentioned it, I will reference the "five" SEC losses to OOC opponent.

FSU over LSU ----> LSU is not a very good team, but neither is FSU.  Both programs are trying to re-establish themselves.  As for LSU, they won't win 5 games this year.

APP State over TXA&M ----> Rest assured, a lot of P5 teams don't want to play App. State.  And TXA&M is overrated (just like Jimbo).  TXA&M will finish with 3-to-5 losses.

Wake Forest over Vanderbilt ----> Do I really have to explain this one?  A T25 team over a perennial bad football program (one of the worst among all P5 teams).  Although Vandy could probably beat Colorado and give Arizona a good game.

PSU over Auburn ----> I say this as a staunch Auburn fan:  Auburn sucks.  With games against BAMA, Georgia, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU, Arkansas and TXA&M remaining, Auburn probably won't win another game.  Even their game against WKU is doubtful.  In two weeks, Auburn has an OPEN week.  Harsin will be fired in that week.

Kansas State over Missouri ----> Missouri is either the second worst team in the SEC, or the second.  Kansas State is a solid football team, and just beat Oklahoma.  Missouri won't make bowl eligibility.

Of the five OOC losses sustained by SEC teams, the four worst SEC teams in 2022 all lost:  (1) Vandy, (2) Missouri, (3) Auburn and (4) LSU.  They're bad teams, in 2022.

How am I discounting every SEC OOC loss?  They're bad teams that lost to better teams.  In some cases (Wake Forest, Kansas State, and Penn State) their opponent was a significantly better team.

As for PAC12 OOC losses, for several years the PAC12 has not done well against OOC opponents.  There are a handful of exceptions (like Oregon over Ohio State last year).  Show me where a PAC12 team has won against a top-tier P5 OOC opponent, in the last decade.  And when I say, "a top-tier OOC opponent", I'm not talking about an opponent that went on to lose 5 or 6 games.  I'm talking about a team that ultimately won their conference, and either played in the CFP or were on the cusp of making the CFP.  The only such game that comes to mind is Oregon's semifinal win in the first ever CFP.

I'm just pointing out facts.

On 9/30/2022 at 2:11 PM, HLB said:

I didn't mention any SEC losses to OOC opponents

But since you mentioned it, I will reference the "five" SEC losses to OOC opponent.

FSU over LSU ----> LSU is not a very good team, but neither is FSU.  Both programs are trying to re-establish themselves.  As for LSU, they won't win 5 games this year.

APP State over TXA&M ----> Rest assured, a lot of P5 teams don't want to play App. State.  And TXA&M is overrated (just like Jimbo).  TXA&M will finish with 3-to-5 losses.

Wake Forest over Vanderbilt ----> Do I really have to explain this one?  A T25 team over a perennial bad football program (one of the worst among all P5 teams).  Although Vandy could probably beat Colorado and give Arizona a good game.

PSU over Auburn ----> I say this as a staunch Auburn fan:  Auburn sucks.  With games against BAMA, Georgia, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU, Arkansas and TXA&M remaining, Auburn probably won't win another game.  Even their game against WKU is doubtful.  In two weeks, Auburn has an OPEN week.  Harsin will be fired in that week.

Kansas State over Missouri ----> Missouri is either the second worst team in the SEC, or the second.  Kansas State is a solid football team, and just beat Oklahoma.  Missouri won't make bowl eligibility.

Of the five OOC losses sustained by SEC teams, the four worst SEC teams in 2022 all lost:  (1) Vandy, (2) Missouri, (3) Auburn and (4) LSU.  They're bad teams, in 2022.

How am I discounting every SEC OOC loss?  They're bad teams that lost to better teams.  In some cases (Wake Forest, Kansas State, and Penn State) their opponent was a significantly better team.

Shut up, twat.