2022 Pac 12 Football

Mano

On 11/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, Orange said:

Is Pac-12 scheduling ACTIVELY trying to keep people from watching games?  Fuck's sake, it was 3 AM EDT when OSU v. UW ended.

Wasn’t that the red tape of our last contract in 2011? Selling our souls for more money to play late games? 

Because playing a night game against Stanford mid Nov at 8:30PM in SLC when it will be about 30 degrees is a great gameday experience for fans. Lol

On 11/10/2022 at 9:21 PM, Trojan209 said:

At least on the bright side Michigan won’t be able to back out of games against UCLA soon. 

I'm curious to see how your fans like and adjust to a B10 culture and politics. Obviously, smart money decisions for your two schools but I wonder about fans. You'll have to let me know what you think after a few years into it.

On 11/10/2022 at 8:38 PM, utenation said:

I'm curious to see how your fans like and adjust to a B10 culture and politics. Obviously, smart money decisions for your two schools but I wonder about fans. You'll have to let me know what you think after a few years into it.

It may be a few years before I get to integrate and make the road trips. I ended up moving back home to help take care of my dad and try to help him run the family farm which I never really wanted to get into in the first place and now I’m regretting not learning. Hopefully I can at least make some of the home games. But despite some misconceptions USC tends to lean a bit on the conservative side. Although I think as the university tries to become more diversified that may be shifting a bit. From a sports culture standpoint I think the average LA sports fan is more about the entertainment value and not so much the die-hard culture most B1G and SEC schools are known for. I’m still not 100% happy about the move but I get why it’s happening. I’ll definitely miss the easy road trips and weekenders to the Bay. I think a lot of fans are disillusioned that we’ll play Stanford and Cal often but in a 9 game conference schedule+ND that leaves 2 non-con games and USC will probably want more home games to offset travel. But we’ll see what happens. 

On 11/10/2022 at 10:09 PM, Trojan209 said:

It may be a few years before I get to integrate and make the road trips. I ended up moving back home to help take care of my dad and try to help him run the family farm which I never really wanted to get into in the first place and now I’m regretting not learning. Hopefully I can at least make some of the home games. But despite some misconceptions USC tends to lean a bit on the conservative side. Although I think as the university tries to become more diversified that may be shifting a bit. From a sports culture standpoint I think the average LA sports fan is more about the entertainment value and not so much the die-hard culture most B1G and SEC schools are known for. I’m still not 100% happy about the move but I get why it’s happening. I’ll definitely miss the easy road trips and weekenders to the Bay. I think a lot of fans are disillusioned that we’ll play Stanford and Cal often but in a 9 game conference schedule+ND that leaves 2 non-con games and USC will probably want more home games to offset travel. But we’ll see what happens. 

For football, I think Riley will always be good at creating the entertainment sizzle while at USC but as we've seen by some OU teams, you still need a defense to win in the playoffs. The man knows how to build an offense for sure.

Has anyone purchased tickets to the Pac 12 CCG?

I bought some at beginning of season just in case, and will be going if Utah makes it. If they don't, I will be selling. Will likely be able to make a little on them, but if there is someone here that wants to have first dibs if Utah doesn't make it, let me know and I will hold them for you and sell them at my cost. Four tickets, Sec 313, Row 6, about $111/ticket all inclusive ( this is what you pay on ticketmaster for the $77 tickets after they pile on all their fees ) . If you are interested, PM me, if not, no worries, should be an easy sell once teams are set. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 2:16 PM, MrBug708 said:

Rece Davis took some heat for pedaling the story of UCLA backing out of the Michigan game. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReceDavis/status/1590500988619993088

Davis said that Michigan backed out of the UCLA game - and to Michigan's detriment, because it left Michigan with a less than stellar OOC resume, whereas a win over UCLA would have helped.  Furthermore, what Davis was saying that if Michigan beats Ohio State, there's a chance that both teams make the CFP.  But because of Michigan's weaker overall schedule, if Ohio State beats Michigan, it would be unlikely for both teams to make the CFP.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:50 PM, utenation said:

For football, I think Riley will always be good at creating the entertainment sizzle while at USC but as we've seen by some OU teams, you still need a defense to win in the playoffs. The man knows how to build an offense for sure.

Riley does not yet have the talent he aims to acquire.  When he acquires that talent, they will be very good on both sides of the ball, as he was at Oklahoma, and why Oklahoma made multiple CFP appearances.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, Orange said:

it was 3 AM EDT when OSU v. UW ended.

The game started at 10:30 PM, EST.  A three-hour game would end at 1:30AM.  You're suggesting that the game went 4.5 hours.

That being said, the PAC12 is stupid for having games on Friday night to begin with.  If the objective is to attract viewers in the East, they fail to comprehend that football fans in the east are attending HS football games on Friday night, traveling to respective college towns to attend the Saturday games, or just going out (in general) on a Friday night.

There's a reason why TV Networks do not schedule their best programs on Friday nights - because most people are not at home.

Even more questionable, is the PAC12 Network decision makers.  Most people in the East do not have the PAC12 Network as a part of their cable package.  One would think that the PAC12 would like to have national exposure.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:58 PM, HLB said:

they fail to comprehend that football fans in the east are attending HS football games on Friday night, traveling to respective college towns to attend the Saturday games, or just going out (in general) on a Friday night.

So ALL football fans in the Eastern Time Zone are at a high school game, travelling to a college town or partying down at 10 o'clock on Friday nights? Talk about hyperbole.

And yeah the Pac-12 Network is lame. I can't get it because of the lack of a Direct TV deal, but I won't pay for the SEC Network, B1G Network, Big XII/Longhorn Network or the ACC Network (if their is such a thing) either. The one thing the Pac-12 Network has is wholly owned infrastructure, which is a very valuable bargaining chip with streaming services, like Amazon or Apple.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 6:31 PM, HLB said:

Riley does not yet have the talent he aims to acquire.  When he acquires that talent, they will be very good on both sides of the ball, as he was at Oklahoma, and why Oklahoma made multiple CFP appearances.

Seriously, just quit replying to my posts. 
You offer nothing of substance.  You don’t even have a clue of what city USC plays in. 

My offer of paying you to go away still stands.