2022 Pac 12 Football

Mano

On 11/14/2022 at 5:58 PM, HLB said:

The game started at 10:30 PM, EST.  A three-hour game would end at 1:30AM.  You're suggesting that the game went 4.5 hours.

That being said, the PAC12 is stupid for having games on Friday night to begin with.  If the objective is to attract viewers in the East, they fail to comprehend that football fans in the east are attending HS football games on Friday night, traveling to respective college towns to attend the Saturday games, or just going out (in general) on a Friday night.

There's a reason why TV Networks do not schedule their best programs on Friday nights - because most people are not at home.

Even more questionable, is the PAC12 Network decision makers.  Most people in the East do not have the PAC12 Network as a part of their cable package.  One would think that the PAC12 would like to have national exposure.

You’re a Fucken pro at saying absolutely nothing with as many words as possible.  

oh, and fuck off (in general)

7EE8B436-F75A-4A47-A273-435C85BD2C95.jpeg

On 11/15/2022 at 5:59 PM, Quack 12 said:

So ALL football fans in the Eastern Time Zone are at a high school game, travelling to a college town or partying down at 10 o'clock on Friday nights? Talk about hyperbole.

And yeah the Pac-12 Network is lame. I can't get it because of the lack of a Direct TV deal, but I won't pay for the SEC Network, B1G Network, Big XII/Longhorn Network or the ACC Network (if their is such a thing) either. The one thing the Pac-12 Network has is wholly owned infrastructure, which is a very valuable bargaining chip with streaming services, like Amazon or Apple.

His post is just another clear example of him not understanding how TV contracts work.

Specifically, the 2011 P12 contract and what the driving force was to get much more revenue over the previous contract. 

And the Pac 12 network has distribution issues?  Wow. Who knew? Even common fans knew there were issues around 2013. But again, he has provided the board with more breaking news. 

Google can be your friend, even for dumb people.

Imagine the info he could find on demographics, population density and distribution, other entertainment options, time zone details relative to TV ratings and  basic business concepts like supply and demand. 

On 11/15/2022 at 9:47 PM, utenation said:

His post is just another clear example of him not understanding how TV contracts work.

Specifically, the 2011 P12 contract and what the driving force was to get much more revenue over the previous contract. 

And the Pac 12 network has distribution issues?  Wow. Who knew? Even common fans knew there were issues around 2013. But again, he has provided the board with more breaking news. 

Google can be your friend, even for dumb people.

Imagine the info he could find on demographics, population density and distribution, other entertainment options, time zone details relative to TV ratings and  basic business concepts like supply and demand. 

I guarantee he’s shared one of those electoral maps that has the 5,000 red counties and said “hOw diD biDeN wiiN!”

On 11/15/2022 at 10:52 PM, Orange said:

You’re a Fucken pro at saying absolutely nothing with as many words as possible.  

oh, and fuck off (in general)

7EE8B436-F75A-4A47-A273-435C85BD2C95.jpeg

You didn't deny anything I said.

As for your board, ranking conference:  The final rankings are not out.  Let's see where things stand in the end.

That being said, we've seen how the PAC12 teams would fair against the SEC teams you listed, when we saw what Georgia did to Oregon.  Every SEC team listed would run over the PAC12 teams listed.  As would Ohio State, Michigan an TCU.

On 11/15/2022 at 6:59 PM, Quack 12 said:

So ALL football fans in the Eastern Time Zone are at a high school game, travelling to a college town or partying down at 10 o'clock on Friday nights? Talk about hyperbole.

Not what I said at all.

The point is, the Friday night PAC12 games are a bad idea.  Outside of the PAC12 footprint, most people are not watching.  If the point of Friday night games is to get exposure for viewers outside of the PAC12 footprint, they are failing.  Outside the PAC12 footprint, people are doing other things for entertainment.

If it was a great idea to play CFB conference games on a Friday night, all of the other P5 conferences would be doing the same thing.

But they're not - because it's not that good of an idea.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:49 PM, utenation said:

Seriously, just quit replying to my posts. 
You offer nothing of substance.  You don’t even have a clue of what city USC plays in. 

My offer of paying you to go away still stands. 

You offer nothing to refute what I say.

USC plays in the LA Memorial Coliseum.  UCLA plays in the Rose Bowl.  But what does that have to do with anything?  Do you know what stadium/city that Kansas State plays in?  No.  And why would you?  Why does the matter?  And what does that have to do with anything?

Here's what I also know, in 2024 both USC and UCLA will start playing their road games at B1G stadiums, and not in Utah.

The PAC12 is imploding.

On 11/16/2022 at 5:54 PM, HLB said:

Not what I said at all.

The point is, the Friday night PAC12 games are a bad idea.  Outside of the PAC12 footprint, most people are not watching.  If the point of Friday night games is to get exposure for viewers outside of the PAC12 footprint, they are failing.  Outside the PAC12 footprint, people are doing other things for entertainment.

If it was a great idea to play CFB conference games on a Friday night, all of the other P5 conferences would be doing the same thing.

But they're not - because it's not that good of an idea.

This coming from the guy that said the Rose Bowl isn’t a big deal, nobody cares and the TV Ratings are terrible. 

Where exactly do you get your data and info from?

On 11/16/2022 at 4:35 PM, HLB said:

You didn't deny anything I said.

As for your board, ranking conference:  The final rankings are not out.  Let's see where things stand in the end.

That being said, we've seen how the PAC12 teams would fair against the SEC teams you listed, when we saw what Georgia did to Oregon.  Every SEC team listed would run over the PAC12 teams listed.  As would Ohio State, Michigan an TCU.

Is that Georgia/UO game getting tired from you hanging your hat on it for 3 months?

On 11/16/2022 at 4:35 PM, HLB said:

we've seen how the PAC12 teams would fair against the SEC

"fare"

If the Pac-12 is imploding, why do you visit this board to constantly tell us how great the SEC is? Why do you care? Are you still working on your children's book?

And by the way. you never have explained how Jayden Daniels is able to excel in the SEC after being rather pedestrian in the Pac-12?

On 11/15/2022 at 11:47 PM, utenation said:

Explain to me how TV contracts work.

Secondly, I haven't told anyone how great the SEC is.  I've just told you have average-to-below average the PAC12 is.

Third, Jayden Daniels is a California boy (just like Bryce Young, CJ Stroud and D.J. Uiagalelei).  He wasn't very good at ASU, because he wasn't surrounded by quality players or quality coaching.

And at the start of this season, neither he, nor LSU's team, was very good (see LSU loss to FSU in week one).  But with quality coaching, he - and the team overall - have developed into very good team.  At LSU he's has been surrounded by better talent to complement his play, and better coaching to help him develop into a Heisman candidate.

On 11/17/2022 at 9:43 AM, Orange said:

Is that Georgia/UO game getting tired from you hanging your hat on it for 3 months?

I'm not a Georgia fan and I'm not hanging my hat on anything.  I'm just stating a fact.  I mean, a 50-point beat down that could have easily been 75 points, if UGA had wanted to.  It just shows the difference between the conferences.

If you want, I can bring some UGA fans on here and let them share their thoughts.

Is 20 years of being the nation's worst P5 conference getting tiresome?

The last time any team from the PAC12 was relevant on a national scale was when USC cheated under Pete Carroll.

On 11/16/2022 at 7:45 PM, utenation said:

This coming from the guy that said the Rose Bowl isn’t a big deal, nobody cares and the TV Ratings are terrible. 

Where exactly do you get your data and info from?

The Rose Bowl isn't a big deal nationally.

Outside the PAC12 footprint, the majority of CFB fans do not revere the Rose Bowl as they did in years past.

However, you don't know this because you live in PAC12 country and you're blind to that national perspective.  The Rose Bowl isn't what it used to be, nor is the Sugar Bowl, the Orange Bowl or the Cotton Bowl.  Only PAC12 fans hold on to the Rose Bowl with the reverence. 

As for the TV ratings for the Rose Bowl, I don't recall saying that the TV ratings were terrible.  People still watch the Rose Bowl they just don't hold in high regard as they once did.  Last year a lot of people watched it because of Ohio State, and they wanted to see how Utah would do against Ohio State.

This year the Rose Bowl will feature either Ohio State or Michigan, against the PAC12 Champion (my guess is Oregon), and a lot of fans from.  But with the BCS and now the CFP, the only games that are revered at the playoff games and the NCCG.

If PAC12 teams could ever reach the CFP with any regularity, you would have a better understanding of what I'm talking about.  As it is, the Rose Bowl is a consolation prize.

On 11/17/2022 at 4:03 PM, HLB said:

I'm not a Georgia fan and I'm not hanging my hat on anything.  I'm just stating a fact.  I mean, a 50-point beat down that could have easily been 75 points, if UGA had wanted to.  It just shows the difference between the conferences.

If you want, I can bring some UGA fans on here and let them share their thoughts.

Is 20 years of being the nation's worst P5 conference getting tiresome?

The last time any team from the PAC12 was relevant on a national scale was when USC cheated under Pete Carroll.

Georgia demolished Tennessee, too, dumbfuck.  

On 11/17/2022 at 4:25 PM, HLB said:

The Rose Bowl isn't a big deal nationally.

Outside the PAC12 footprint, the majority of CFB fans do not revere the Rose Bowl as they did in years past.

However, you don't know this because you live in PAC12 country and you're blind to that national perspective.  The Rose Bowl isn't what it used to be, nor is the Sugar Bowl, the Orange Bowl or the Cotton Bowl.  Only PAC12 fans hold on to the Rose Bowl with the reverence. 

As for the TV ratings for the Rose Bowl, I don't recall saying that the TV ratings were terrible.  People still watch the Rose Bowl they just don't hold in high regard as they once did.  Last year a lot of people watched it because of Ohio State, and they wanted to see how Utah would do against Ohio State.

This year the Rose Bowl will feature either Ohio State or Michigan, against the PAC12 Champion (my guess is Oregon), and a lot of fans from.  But with the BCS and now the CFP, the only games that are revered at the playoff games and the NCCG.

If PAC12 teams could ever reach the CFP with any regularity, you would have a better understanding of what I'm talking about.  As it is, the Rose Bowl is a consolation prize.

Oh no shit?  The rose bowl isn’t as big as the playoff?   Did you figure this out with your powerful book-writing research skills, you absolute waterhead?

On 11/18/2022 at 12:04 PM, Orange said:

Oh no shit?  The rose bowl isn’t as big as the playoff?   Did you figure this out with your powerful book-writing research skills, you absolute waterhead?

The Rose Bowl last year tied one Semi Final playoff game in TV ratings. It blew the other non playoff NY6 bowls out of the water as well.

But like HL-Saggy Britches said, it was all because of Ohio State. Even though Utah brought about 55-60K fans to the Rose Bowl. 

But he’s right. Nobody cares about the Rose Bowl. The reported 800K + folks that attend the festivities including the parade is just Fake News according to a fan that has never been outside of his trailer in Little Rock Arkansas.