Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

On 7/8/2022 at 9:25 AM, PAC MAN said:

Geographically this move doesn't even make sense. They're not even from the same universe. Batman fighting against Dr. Doom? He'll get his teeth kicked in. Nobody wants to see that. This is all about the money. 

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2022 at 5:16 PM, Aztecgolfer said:

If the PAC doesn't hemorrhage any more schools, and it appears that the BIG is not interested in OU and WU, then staying put makes sense for the rest of the programs. The conference should add two replacement schools but they are unlikely to get any from the BIG12, so then they have to look at a couple of G5 programs from other conferences. Something they are not likely to relish even thinking about. It is going to be a difficult transition when those left in the PAC have to realize they don't get to sit at the big table anymore.

Well, SDSU would make sense but you will never add them. If you don't, however, the B12 might. 

https://www.buffzone.com/2022/07/09/rooney-patience-required-in-wait-for-possible-cu-buffs-conference-realignment/

Seems like there might not be any moves until next month at the earliest since Fox & ESPN hold 30 day exclusive negotiation rights.

I’m cool with just going back to being the PAC-10 in this case if everyone was to stay pat.

On 7/10/2022 at 8:21 AM, PAC MAN said:

https://www.buffzone.com/2022/07/09/rooney-patience-required-in-wait-for-possible-cu-buffs-conference-realignment/

Seems like there might not be any moves until next month at the earliest since Fox & ESPN hold 30 day exclusive negotiation rights.

I’m cool with just going back to being the PAC-10 in this case if everyone was to stay pat.

The Big12 strategically marketed the round robin schedule in a 10 team league with the top 2 teams playing in the championship game.  I don't really see a good reason the PAC-10 couldn't do the same. I doubt SDSU, Boise or UNLV will increase the money for everyone else. 

On 7/10/2022 at 2:32 PM, Trojan209 said:

The Big12 strategically marketed the round robin schedule in a 10 team league with the top 2 teams playing in the championship game.  I don't really see a good reason the PAC-10 couldn't do the same. I doubt SDSU, Boise or UNLV will increase the money for everyone else. 

The problem that I see is a 10 team PAC without the LA schools won't make the media rights money that Oregon and Washington will require to stay around. To quote someone at an Arizona site "I don't trust Oregon more than I like ASSu."

On 7/11/2022 at 1:40 PM, MrBug708 said:

On what grounds? That would be like informing your landlord that you intent to leave your apartment at the end of your lease and they respond that they will not refund your security deposit.

None. Utter desperation. They want people to think they're doing something and that we aren't now completely helpless. 

Decent 8 minute video ranting about the lameness of super conferences. It looks like a cougar fan made it, but i found it on a Cal board. The interesting thing is that the comments are almost unanimously supportive and from around the country. I think the ESPN and Fox should be paying attention to the popular opinion of their viewers, or they will be making a business mistake. 

On 7/11/2022 at 11:20 PM, row Z said:

Decent 8 minute video ranting about the lameness of super conferences. It looks like a cougar fan made it, but i found it on a Cal board. The interesting thing is that the comments are almost unanimously supportive and from around the country. I think the ESPN and Fox should be paying attention to the popular opinion of their viewers, or they will be making a business mistake. 

ESPN/Fox only care about Schools with large fanba$e$.