Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

I disagree. If we consolidate to super conferences, the level of viewership in all locations where teams are not included will decline significantly. So the total viewership will decline. Bad for tv business. Then, as the actual super conference games become repetitive and boring, interest will actually decline within the super conference areas. We have so many choices for sports and other entertainment. CFB was a great product, but if the networks fuck with it too much they will ruin it. Just my $.02.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 12:13 PM, row Z said:

Meanwhile, one rumor is that ND's preferred partner to join the B1G is Stanford. Might we see the two private universities jump to the B1G, and keep UCLA and the LA market in the fold? 

I don't know what is going to happen, but the guy you are quoting is a troll.

On 7/12/2022 at 12:16 PM, Mano said:

I don't know what is going to happen, but the guy you are quoting is a troll.

Fair enough. I can't vouch for @MHver3, and he may well be a troll, but the rumors he is trafficking in seem to line up with some other smoke about ND preferring Stanford as their partner. 

On 7/12/2022 at 1:28 PM, row Z said:

Fair enough. I can't vouch for @MHver3, and he may well be a troll, but the rumors he is trafficking in seem to line up with some other smoke about ND preferring Stanford as their partner. 

He throws so much at the wall. When one finally sticks he says 'See! I told ya!"

I mean, Stanford being the preferred partner for ND just makes sense. Get Stanford, SC, the Michigans, and Purdue in the B1G and suddenly *most* of their biggest rivals are all conference games and a long held Irish excuse for not joining a conference is thrown out the window.

On 7/12/2022 at 12:16 PM, row Z said:

I disagree. If we consolidate to super conferences, the level of viewership in all locations where teams are not included will decline significantly. So the total viewership will decline. Bad for tv business. Then, as the actual super conference games become repetitive and boring, interest will actually decline within the super conference areas. We have so many choices for sports and other entertainment. CFB was a great product, but if the networks fuck with it too much they will ruin it. Just my $.02.

A thoughtful and thought provoking point. 

• Like 1

Well, SDSU is 7-2 against PAC12 teams in football in recent years and our BB program is at least as good. From what I've read, Stanford is the preferred partner with Notre Dame for expansion to the BIG. Y'all might want to think of doing something to stop your hemorrhaging in California.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:08 PM, Aztecgolfer said:

Well, SDSU is 7-2 against PAC12 teams in football in recent years and our BB program is at least as good. From what I've read, Stanford is the preferred partner with Notre Dame for expansion to the BIG. Y'all might want to think of doing something to stop your hemorrhaging in California.

They say "Y'all" in San Diego?  That could seal the deal on barring them from consideration.

On 7/16/2022 at 6:07 PM, EastCoastFan said:

They say "Y'all" in San Diego?  That could seal the deal on barring them from consideration.

I do, it goes back to my mom's Southern roots, something I celebrate. My grandfather was a  big Bama fan, being from Alabama. Funny. SDSU and Bama rate the same in the USN&R ratings.  My brother graduated from UCSB with degrees in English and Literature so I like pissing him off using terms like "y'all" & "irregardless." Oh, I graduated with a science degree and own a company that modifies aircraft if you think I'm sort of brainless yokel. 

It sounds like, if the BIG does take another PAC school it would be Stanford if Notre Dame joins. So, the PAC-9? You good with that?

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:00 PM, Aztecgolfer said:

It sounds like, if the BIG does take another PAC school it would be Stanford if Notre Dame joins. So, the PAC-9? You good with that?

PAC-9 sounds good to me.  Four home and four away conference games.  Even if the Big 8 was rad back then, you still had that uneven conference scheduling.