Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

On 7/26/2022 at 12:41 PM, Aztecgolfer said:

Ah, so mid to low instead of bottom two.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:49 PM, Aztecgolfer said:

I guess numbers aren't your thing. Only two schools in the PAC have better naming rights than San Diego with Snapdragon stadium.

Someone who repeatedly called a major sports league "MSL" really should not be taking any potshots about anything being someone's "thing".

But I suppose linking articles from 1999 really hits home. And you couldn't even copy and paste correctly. 

I see just Cal with a smaller naming rights agreement with a corporation. OSU did name their stadium after someone, so I guess SDSU would be bottom three right now, not bottom two. Washington State changed the field, not the name of the stadium.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:03 PM, MrBug708 said:

Someone who repeatedly called a major sports league "MSL" really should not be taking any potshots about anything being someone's "thing".

But I suppose linking articles from 1999 really hits home. And you couldn't even copy and paste correctly. 

I see just Cal with a smaller naming rights agreement with a corporation. OSU did name their stadium after someone, so I guess SDSU would be bottom three right now, not bottom two. Washington State changed the field, not the name of the stadium.

Gee, a transposition. Is that all you got? LOL. The one article I linked from 1999 was for a 25 year agreement. Did you even read it?

Only USC and Washington have better naming rights for their football stadium than SDSU. That is the fact, jack! Does that mean it couldn't change in the future? No. However, that is how things stand now. Pretty good for a G5 school I would think.

Warren is just screwing with the PAC now. 

The PAC-? can survive the loss of Oregon, or Stanford. However, take two teams, especially Oregon and Washington, and the conference collapses. Does the BIG need to add 3 more teams out west? Probably not, but possible. Arizona, ASU, Colorado and Utah would look to join the Big12. If WA is left out of the BIG offer add them as well. Cal, WSU and OSU become orphans. Don't see any conference in the West taking them unless it is to backfill. Maybe Cal, but their debt is unsustainable outside of the PAC alliance.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:32 PM, Aztecgolfer said:

Gee, a transposition. Is that all you got? LOL. The one article I linked from 1999 was for a 25 year agreement. Did you even read it?

Only USC and Washington have better naming rights for their football stadium than SDSU. That is the fact, jack! Does that mean it couldn't change in the future? No. However, that is how things stand now. Pretty good for a G5 school I would think.

I mean, 8 of them dont have one, two are worse than SDSU, though one was signed in 1999 and named after a person, not a corporation. Still bottom three though, which is all I have ever claimed.

On 7/26/2022 at 10:08 PM, MrBug708 said:

Wasnt the old deal going to add just a billion? That is some serious coin. UCLA doesn't even need to sell naming rights haha

Yea, the old deal was being as reported to be $1B a year. Now I've seen projections ranging anywhere from $1.3-$1.8B a year. Apparently Apple even wanted to get involved after the LA schools were added. 

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/SBJ-Unpacks/2022/06/30.aspx

On 7/26/2022 at 8:32 PM, Aztecgolfer said:

You used "MSL" like 17 times.  It wasn't a transposition, you're just fucking stupid.

On 7/27/2022 at 11:14 AM, MrBug708 said:

Sounds like they would be forced to take a smaller payout for the invite and only after the next contract is signed.

In which I'm sure all four would be agreeable to.  How long were Rutgers and Maryland at smaller payouts? 

On 7/27/2022 at 5:39 PM, MrBug708 said:

I don't think it would be a one time thing but the actual share.

Yes, what's been suggested is that the smaller payout would stay for the length of the contract.  Inside the B1G there's some pushback on this, with the Marylands and Purdues worried that a pattern of uneven payouts might be used to burn them sometime in the future.