Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, Orange said:

Do you just start with "I hate the west coast/Oregon and I want an argument that reflects that; I'll move backward from there"?

Oregon had the no. 3 recruiting class in 2021.  No. 9 in 2020.  No. 7 in 2019.  No. 13 in 2018.

They are absolutely the BANE of USC's existence in CA recruiting.  Period. 

And this is coming from a Beaver fan who is really sick of seeing it.  Just shut up and find an SEC board that won't ban your drooling ass.

I don't hate the west coast, or Oregon.  I'm just speaking the truth, and you don't like to hear that truth.

That being said, you're assuming that USC wanted all of the California players that Oregon signed.  California is a big state.  If Oregon picks up 6-8 players out of California each year, (which is what they were averaging in the years you referenced), that's not a big number, nor is it making a huge impact on USC's recruiting efforts.

That being said, you missed my point.  USC is not concerned with Oregon's recruiting.  USC is concerned with USC recruiting.  What Oregon does is the least of USC's concerns, as USC's concerns are about what USC is doing.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:44 PM, HLB said:

I don't hate the west coast, or Oregon.  I'm just speaking the truth, and you don't like to hear that truth.

That being said, you're assuming that USC wanted all of the California players that Oregon signed.  California is a big state.  If Oregon picks up 6-8 players out of California each year, (which is what they were averaging in the years you referenced), that's not a big number, nor is it making a huge impact on USC's recruiting efforts.

That being said, you missed my point.  USC is not concerned with Oregon's recruiting.  USC is concerned with USC recruiting.  What Oregon does is the least of USC's concerns, as USC's concerns are about what USC is doing.

Jesus Christ, you resurrect one of your month-old rotten-mayonnaise takes to double down on it?

Your dumb ass said "the east coast is taking CA recruits, no Oregon" and I just proved your dumbass wrong.  What else?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 9:51 AM, Orange said:

Jesus Christ, you resurrect one of your month-old rotten-mayonnaise takes to double down on it?

Your dumb ass said "the east coast is taking CA recruits, no Oregon" and I just proved your dumbass wrong.  What else?

Oregon gets "some" players from California, but not enough to cause teams like USC to cry about.  The better players from California are going teams in the East to play for teams like Clemson, BAMA, Ohio State, LSU and several more.

On 11/2/2022 at 5:55 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Interesting, in that there deal appears to be done. 

their

If I did this everyone on these threads would go to extremes, call me names, and more.

I, on the other hand, I recognize this as an honest mistake.

On 11/2/2022 at 7:53 PM, dtd said:

George Kliavkoff furiously googling Gonzaga. 

Sad to say but this is looking more true.  I've ripped Yormark pretty thoroughly on another board. Basically calling him a used car salesman. He likely didn't get the prize he wanted for more P12 teams but some of that depends on what TV/Media contract gets delivered to our conference. 

But give Yormark a lot of credit for not sitting on his ass and trying to make moves to improve his conference.  All I can say is, the contract we get better be pretty solid and maybe George is going all in on Cloak and Dagger stuff but it sure does feel like our conference is just sitting on the couch.

On 11/3/2022 at 8:59 PM, utenation said:

...All I can say is, the contract we get better be pretty solid and maybe George is going all in on Cloak and Dagger stuff but it sure does feel like our conference is just sitting on the couch.

We're stymied for the moment from pulling things together by a number of things, including the confusion caused by the Regents vote on UCLA; the continued comments by Kevin Warren that there might be more B1G expansion (e.g., the two NW flagships); and the likely demands from Amazon Prime for a large chunk of tier one inventory.  Keep in mind, though, that taking our time might be advantageous, not a sign of weakness.  As for Gonzaga, reportedly they've had talks with the Pac-12 and Big East as well as the Big-12, so that's not necessarily a minus either.  The Zags look more desireable with a UCLA departure, giving the Pac some hoops juice (and media interest) to make up for the loss.

• Like 1