Jump to content

Show me a team in this Conference that Supports better than Utah.


Utefan1211
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’m in Florida today along with thousands of Ute fans that traveled across country to come to this game. We are expecting over 12,000 Utah fans at this game.
 

We use all our allotted seats at road games plus some. 

There is no other team in this conference that supports their team better for football than Utah. It’s not even close. Even when we are bad, we’ve always used our allotment  

When we play in bowl games and championship games, we bring 60-80% of the fans. We are one of the few schools that have expanded their stadiums and still sell out every game. If you see the attendance, you will notice that we oversell our games with standing room only tickets. The state of Utah is growing by 100k per year and most are coming into the Salt Lake metro. Most football fans that are moving here have very little in common with BYU so they are adopting Utah as their team. Utah will need to expand our stadium again to keep up with the demand. 
 

USC, Oregon, Washington, UCLA have millions in population but their fans are fickle (spoiled) and only show up if it’s convenient and if they are confident their team will win. 
 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 12:26 PM, Scscsc89 said:

… until they win so consistently that traveling to a CCG and a bowl is a bit much. 🤷🏻‍♂️

With the CCG in Vegas, this isn't much of an issue. Cheap airfare + extremely drivable are some of the reasons I always favored Vegas as permanent CCG location. 

I am hoping the first week of expanded playoffs are at higher ranked schools home stadium, as this could start to put a stress on many fans budgets. Hoping this is an issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, Utefan1211 said:

I’m in Florida today along with thousands of Ute fans that traveled across country to come to this game. We are expecting over 12,000 Utah fans at this game.

In truth - that's not a huge number, when the stadium holds 95,000-plus.  That being said, if Utah was unranked and playing a Top-10 Florida team, I doubt as many fans would have traveled.  In truth, Utah fans traveled because they were ranked in the Top-10, and they thought they were going to see a win over an SEC opponent.

And they traveled to the Rose Bowl because it was "the Rose Bowl" and they thought they were going to see Utah beat Ohio State - who played uninspired football, and still won.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, Utefan1211 said:

We are one of the few schools that have expanded their stadiums and still sell out every game. If you see the attendance, you will notice that we oversell our games with standing room only tickets.

Congratulations, although "there's nothing else to do" in Utah on a fall Saturday.  Are you putting more fans in the seats that BYU?

On 9/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, Utefan1211 said:

We use all our allotted seats at road games plus some.

Not sure if you have proof of this, but I am hard pressed to think that Utah is the only school that will do this.  Of course, Stanford and UCLA can't get fans to their home games, so I can see them not showing up for away games.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, Utefan1211 said:

There is no other team in this conference that supports their team better for football than Utah.

All of the other schools are in cities where there is a great deal of competition for the entertainment dollar (multiple universities, pro sports, etc.).  There's nothing else to compete against in Utah.  It's either the Utes or the Cougars, and not much else.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, Utefan1211 said:

When we play in bowl games and championship games, we bring 60-80% of the fans.

So, you want me to believe that Utah brought 60-80% of the fans to the Rose Bowl, against Ohio State - the school whose fans travel better than any other team in the country?

I appreciate your pride and enthusiasm, and I do believe that UTAH supports their team better than most PAC12 schools.  Primarily because there's nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon.  They don't have to compete with MLB, MLS, NFL, NHL, multiple colleges within the region .... It's similar to Alabama, who also doesn't have the competition for the entertainment dollar.  And it's why there are so many rabid BAMA fans - they don't have anything else cheer for or align themselves with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2022 at 5:50 AM, HLB said:

All of the other schools are in cities where there is a great deal of competition for the entertainment dollar (multiple universities, pro sports, etc.).  There's nothing else to compete against in Utah.  It's either the Utes or the Cougars, and not much else.

SLC literally has multiple universities and pro sports (MLS and NBA)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 11:39 AM, Orange said:

SLC literally has multiple universities and pro sports (MLS and NBA)

I know that they have an MLS and NBA team, but they don't have as many such teams, and entertainment venues, as other cities in the PAC12 conference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 3:47 PM, HLB said:

I know that they have an MLS and NBA team, but they don't have as many such teams, and entertainment venues, as other cities in the PAC12 conference.

Eugene and Corvallis have zero major league sports at all (minor league baseball).  Same with Tucson and Pullman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 5:48 PM, Orange said:

Eugene and Corvallis have zero major league sports at all (minor league baseball).  Same with Tucson and Pullman.

The states of Arizona and Washington have more major league sports, and entertainment venues than the state of Utah.   Oregon fills up for home games, just as well as Utah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 4:13 PM, HLB said:

The states of Arizona and Washington have more major league sports, and entertainment venues than the state of Utah.   Oregon fills up for home games, just as well as Utah.

Oh, I see, you were called out and the goalposts have to move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 5:49 AM, Utefan1211 said:

USC, Oregon, Washington, UCLA have millions in population but their fans are fickle (spoiled) and only show up if it’s convenient

The fact that you included Eugene with the examples of Los Angeles and Seattle totally invalidates your post.

Oregon is 27th in population; Utah is 30th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 1:12 PM, Quack 12 said:

The fact that you included Eugene with the examples of Los Angeles and Seattle totally invalidates your post.

Oregon is 27th in population; Utah is 30th.

He's literally the only Ute fan here that I don't like.  Real tool.  Prob an election denier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:16 PM, Orange said:

He's literally the only Ute fan here that I don't like.  Real tool.  Prob an election denier.

I don’t lose sleep over you not liking me. 
You’re the reason most people don’t come to this site. You argue for the stupidest things. Nobody likes you either. 
 

Wait, didn’t Trump win in 2020?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2022 at 6:50 AM, HLB said:

In truth - that's not a huge number, when the stadium holds 95,000-plus.  That being said, if Utah was unranked and playing a Top-10 Florida team, I doubt as many fans would have traveled.  In truth, Utah fans traveled because they were ranked in the Top-10, and they thought they were going to see a win over an SEC opponent.

And they traveled to the Rose Bowl because it was "the Rose Bowl" and they thought they were going to see Utah beat Ohio State - who played uninspired football, and still won.

Congratulations, although "there's nothing else to do" in Utah on a fall Saturday.  Are you putting more fans in the seats that BYU?

Not sure if you have proof of this, but I am hard pressed to think that Utah is the only school that will do this.  Of course, Stanford and UCLA can't get fans to their home games, so I can see them not showing up for away games.

All of the other schools are in cities where there is a great deal of competition for the entertainment dollar (multiple universities, pro sports, etc.).  There's nothing else to compete against in Utah.  It's either the Utes or the Cougars, and not much else.

So, you want me to believe that Utah brought 60-80% of the fans to the Rose Bowl, against Ohio State - the school whose fans travel better than any other team in the country?

I appreciate your pride and enthusiasm, and I do believe that UTAH supports their team better than most PAC12 schools.  Primarily because there's nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon.  They don't have to compete with MLB, MLS, NFL, NHL, multiple colleges within the region .... It's similar to Alabama, who also doesn't have the competition for the entertainment dollar.  And it's why there are so many rabid BAMA fans - they don't have anything else cheer for or align themselves with. 

We brought half to the Rose Bowl. It would have been more but Utah didn’t know they were in the Rose Bowl for 3 days after Ohio State was in. We didn’t think we would win but knew we had a chance. 
 

Utah brought 80% of the fans to the last Pac12 championship games and 60% to the two Pac12 championship games. We knew we would beat Oregon last year but had no ideas we would win against Oregon or Washington. 
 

We had over 12,000 fans at Florida last week. The fans there were incredibly impressed. The stadium holds 90,900 and was announced as the largest opening day crowd in their history and the 7th largest crowd ever at that stadium. It was also their biggest crowd in 8 years. Utah would have traveled even more if Florida was ranked. 
 

To say there is nothing else to do in the Fall in Utah shows that you’re gullible. 


Are we putting more fans in our stadium than BYU? No. We can only fill what we have. We bring more fans on the road than BYU or any other PAC 12 team for that matter. 
 

By the way, we do compete against the Utah Jazz, BYU Cougars, Real Salt Lake Soccer, a Triple AAA baseball team, other smaller Universities, etc.  The owner of the Jazz just partnered with a company that is planning to put another professional league in Utah. (NHL or MLB) 

I brought more conversation to this silly board than most posts. You’re welcome! 

Look at all the red! 
 

 

23A7EA7B-95E5-4852-88E0-338737238E97.jpeg

6E64EF81-4A50-43C2-87EA-4F54CE7098E2.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, Utefan1211 said:

We brought half to the Rose Bowl. It would have been more but Utah didn’t know they were in the Rose Bowl for 3 days after Ohio State was in. We didn’t think we would win but knew we had a chance. 
 

Utah brought 80% of the fans to the last Pac12 championship games and 60% to the two Pac12 championship games. We knew we would beat Oregon last year but had no ideas we would win against Oregon or Washington. 
 

We had over 12,000 fans at Florida last week. The fans there were incredibly impressed. The stadium holds 90,900 and was announced as the largest opening day crowd in their history and the 7th largest crowd ever at that stadium. It was also their biggest crowd in 8 years. Utah would have traveled even more if Florida was ranked. 
 

To say there is nothing else to do in the Fall in Utah shows that you’re gullible. 


Are we putting more fans in our stadium than BYU? No. We can only fill what we have. We bring more fans on the road than BYU or any other PAC 12 team for that matter. 
 

By the way, we do compete against the Utah Jazz, BYU Cougars, Real Salt Lake Soccer, a Triple AAA baseball team, other smaller Universities, etc.  The owner of the Jazz just partnered with a company that is planning to put another professional league in Utah. (NHL or MLB) 

I brought more conversation to this silly board than most posts. You’re welcome! 

Look at all the red! 
 

 

23A7EA7B-95E5-4852-88E0-338737238E97.jpeg

6E64EF81-4A50-43C2-87EA-4F54CE7098E2.jpeg

I'm glad you had a good time - win, lose or draw.  I think Utah is an enjoyable team to watch.  It's embarrassing that programs such as UCLA, USC and Stanford can't fill their seats. 

The Florida stadium sells out, most every game.  The size of their stadium is smaller than several other SEC stadiums.

Best of luck.  I think the PAC12 Championship will be between Utah and USC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...