Show me a team in this Conference that Supports better than Utah.

Utefan1211

Most of the Pac12 teams are jealous of the success Utah has had in the 11 years as a member. In fact, 11 of the 12 teams wish they had the success of Utah the past decade. Oregon is the only team that had better success the past 11 years and Utah now dominates them. I laugh at most of these comments as they ooze with jealousy. Utah is the class of our weak conference. 

Utah deserves a better conference and I’m sure they will land in a better place once this once great conference completely implodes. I believe Utah will end up in the Big12 and will consistently be one of the 12 teams in the playoffs.  

If the super conferences wanted more fierce competitors, they should invite Utah, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Clemson and drop Rutgers, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Indiana, South Carolina and Missouri.  Eyeballs bring more money than good teams. 

My Bruins are about to become the new Rutgers of the Big10. Watch and see. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2022 at 5:33 AM, Pac12Fan said:

Most of the Pac12 teams are jealous of the success Utah has had in the 11 years as a member. In fact, 11 of the 12 teams wish they had the success of Utah the past decade.

... unless you want to count CCG appearances, conference titles, NY6 appearances, NY6 wins, or playoff appearances.   I'm too lazy to count overall W-L and conference W-L records but I suspect that Utah would probably be behind Stanford and perhaps USC there too.  Your "fact" is not a fact.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:32 PM, Utefan1211 said:

I don’t lose sleep over you not liking me. 
You’re the reason most people don’t come to this site. You argue for the stupidest things. Nobody likes you either. 

Wait, didn’t Trump win in 2020?

See what I mean?  Total fascist asshole.

I'm bored sitting at work so I decided to look all the stats up. I just went back to 2011 since that's when Utah and CU joined the conference. 

1. Oregon: 103-38 overall 73.05%, 67-28 conference 70.53%, 6 seasons with 10+ wins, 7 division titles, 4 conference champs, 10 bowl games, 5 NY6 bowls with 1 semi-final win, and 1 CFP NCG appearance.
  2. Stanford: 93-45 overall 67.39%, 64-29 conference 68.82%, 5 seasons with 10+ wins, 5 division titles, and 3 conference championships. 8 bowl games, 4 NY6 bowl games.
  3. USC: 87-49 overall 63.97%, 64-31 conference 67.37%, 4 seasons with 10+ wins, 4 division titles*, 1 conference championship. 7 bowl games*, 2 NY6 bowl games.
  4. Utah: 86-50 overall 63.24%, 53-42 conference 55.79%, 5 seasons with 10+ wins, 3 division titles, 1 conference championship. 8 bowl games, 1 NY6 bowl
  5. Washington: 85-51 overall 62.5%, 55-39 conference 58.51%, 3 seasons with 10+ wins, 4 division titles**, 2 conference championships. 9 bowl games**, 3 NY6 bowls, 1 semi-final appearance
  6. ASU: 77-57 overall 57.46%, 52-37 conference 58.43%, 2 seasons with 10+ wins, 1 division title, 9 bowl games, 0 NY6 bowls
  7. UCLA: 71-64 overall 52.59%, 50-47 conference 51.55%, 2 seasons with 10+ wins, 2 division titles*, 7 bowl games, 0 NY6 bowls
  8. WSU: 67-64 overall 51.15%, 45-49 conference 47.87%, 1 season with 10+ wins, 1 division title, 7 bowl games, 0 NY6
  9. Cal: 55-73 overall 42.97%, 31-63 conference 32.98%, 0 seasons with 10+ wins, 0 division titles, 4 bowl games, 0 NY6
  10. Arizona: 53-74 overall 41.73%, 33-62 conference 34.74%, 1 season with 10+ wins, 1 division title, 5 bowl games, 1 NY6 bowl game
  11. Oregon State: 47-83 overall 31.154%, 30-67 conference 30.93%, 0 seasons with 10+ wins, 0 division titles, 3 bowl games, 0 NY6
  12. 47-83 overall 36.154%, 26-68 conference 27.66%, 1 season with 10+ wins, 1 division title, 2 bowl games, 0 NY6

*2011 USC could not participate in the postseason so UCLA participated in CCG. 2020 USC sat out bowl season. 

**2020 Washington won the division but COVID protocol prevented them from participating in the CCG and they sat out bowl season.

I don't think it can be stated enough what Utah has done in the 11 years since they joined the conference is awesome. CU is still struggling and was struggling even before they joined and they were in the Big-12. When Arizona and ASU joined from the WAC they too struggled for a time. I think it took 9 years before ASU finally won the conference and 15 years for Arizona. By year 4 for Utah, they were winning 9+ games, and by year 5 competing for conference championships. Finally culminating in a conference title and Rose Bowl berth. It's exciting to think about what new heights they could climb. But as a USC fan/homer would I say I'm jealous of what Utah has accomplished in the last decade? Not really. If I could have had their head coach or someone similar leading a tough-minded, and a consistent team I would have been ecstatic and we probably would not have had arguably the worst era in USC football history. Even still, despite that, USC still ranked 3rd in overall and conference win percentage and had more division and conference titles than over half the league. 

On 9/7/2022 at 9:43 AM, Orange said:

Oh, I see, you were called out and the goalposts have to move.

No.  The point is simple - most of the other cities in the PAC12 (and states) have more competition for entertainment dollar.  What else is going on in SLC, during football season, in the months August, September and October, that Utah (and BYU) football have to compete against?  Minor league baseball?  No.  Hockey?  No.  NFL?  No.  MLB?  No.  In last October the NBA starts, when Utah has roughly 4 games left in the season.  And how many times, during those four weeks, does the Jazz play, in SLC, at the same time as the Utes?  Not very many - maybe twice.

Utah football, (and BYU football), do not have a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar, during football season.

On 9/8/2022 at 7:33 AM, Pac12Fan said:

f the super conferences wanted more fierce competitors, they should invite Utah, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Clemson and drop Rutgers, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Indiana, South Carolina and Missouri.  Eyeballs bring more money than good teams

In football I think Utah, Baylor and OK State would get "trucked" in the B1G or the SEC - more times than not.  Utah just lost to the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC.  Can you imagine them having a schedule of BAMA, Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss, TXA&M (like Auburn), or BAMA, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Kentucky and Clemson (like S. Carolina).

I think they would put up a good fight, but would be more in line with Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri and S. Carolina, than the upper crust of the conference.  As would OK State.  Baylor would more often that not, but slightly behind those schools.  Clemson would be among the upper crust.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 5:33 AM, Pac12Fan said:

Oregon is the only team that had better success the past 11 years and Utah now dominates them.

Trojan209 showed how wrong the first part of this statement is, and Utah has dominated Oregon three times, once in 2015 and twice in 2021. That's hardly a definitive sample of establishing dominance. I might argue that that the Ducks played Utah twice in the space of thirteen days at the end of last season, and Cristobal had already checked out. In any case, the Utes were simply a better team last year.

Oregon is 5-4 against Utah (including 2021's "now dominance") since they joined the Pac-12. They are definitely a tough out for Oregon, but they aren't dominant just yet.

On 9/8/2022 at 4:49 PM, HLB said:

No.  The point is simple - most of the other cities in the PAC12 (and states) have more competition for entertainment dollar.  What else is going on in SLC, during football season, in the months August, September and October, that Utah (and BYU) football have to compete against?  Minor league baseball?  No.  Hockey?  No.  NFL?  No.  MLB?  No.  In last October the NBA starts, when Utah has roughly 4 games left in the season.  And how many times, during those four weeks, does the Jazz play, in SLC, at the same time as the Utes?  Not very many - maybe twice.

Utah football, (and BYU football), do not have a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar, during football season.

Just stop. It was well established last year that you couldn’t pass a basic geography test. You were called out on so much bullshit in reference to our teams, cities and fans.

Now you are claiming to be an expert in Western entertainment? Dude. Everyone knows you’ve never been out here and to our cities. Just stop running your mouth. 

Utah has lack of entertainment options? Besides packed houses at pretty much every football stadium including high school, Jazz games, MLS or as you say "MSL" and BYU Basketball, we have things called mountains and lakes. World class cities like Park City and 5 national parks. Probably one of the biggest reasons people move to our state besides the economy, is our beauty. You can be to 4 world class ski resorts in 20 minutes summer or winter. Our canyons are loaded with people year round. 

Stick with what you know, which is nothing.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:57 AM, Quack 12 said:

Oregon is 5-4 against Utah (including 2021's "now dominance") since they joined the Pac-12. They are definitely a tough out for Oregon, but they aren't dominant just yet.

First off, there is nothing about Oregon that the Utes own. We've basically had 3 great wins against them since 2011.  Last year, Utah was dominant but maybe people forget that game in 2019? Utah had everything on the table to make a CFB run with just 1 loss. What did we do? Got our asses kicked in the trenches against Oregon. Deflating as a Ute fan. Oregon has more wins in SLC than I'd like to see too. I don't think Utah rolls into Eugene this year with an easy win either. At this point, I'd say a 50/50 chance. Oregon still has plenty of talent. 

Next, I'm not a fan of these "look at me" neener, neener threads. You don't see USC fans starting threads about how many more football national championships they have than anyone else. Or UCLA fans bragging about national titles. Sure, if someone wants to challenge history, game on.

Nor do you see Oregon Fans bragging about their success. They've had plenty in both football and basketball.

Utah is a solid football program that is super competitive and can beat anyone here and lose to anyone. We should act like we've been there and let the numbers do the talking. 

It took us a few years to get to this level but we have no room to claim dominance over anything in the P12. We have very little hardware in the trophy case to boot. 

You'll never see Mano, myself or Chile start threads like this. Just Sayin'.

On 9/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, Trojan209 said:

I'm bored sitting at work so I decided to look all the stats up. I just went back to 2011 since that's when Utah and CU joined the conference. 

1. Oregon: 103-38 overall 73.05%, 67-28 conference 70.53%, 6 seasons with 10+ wins, 7 division titles, 4 conference champs, 10 bowl games, 5 NY6 bowls with 1 semi-final win, and 1 CFP NCG appearance.
  2. Stanford: 93-45 overall 67.39%, 64-29 conference 68.82%, 5 seasons with 10+ wins, 5 division titles, and 3 conference championships. 8 bowl games, 4 NY6 bowl games.
  3. USC: 87-49 overall 63.97%, 64-31 conference 67.37%, 4 seasons with 10+ wins, 4 division titles*, 1 conference championship. 7 bowl games*, 2 NY6 bowl games.
  4. Utah: 86-50 overall 63.24%, 53-42 conference 55.79%, 5 seasons with 10+ wins, 3 division titles, 1 conference championship. 8 bowl games, 1 NY6 bowl
  5. Washington: 85-51 overall 62.5%, 55-39 conference 58.51%, 3 seasons with 10+ wins, 4 division titles**, 2 conference championships. 6 bowl games**, 3 NY6 bowls, 1 semi-final appearance
  6. ASU: 77-57 overall 57.46%, 52-37 conference 58.43%, 2 seasons with 10+ wins, 1 division title, 9 bowl games, 0 NY6 bowls
  7. UCLA: 71-64 overall 52.59%, 50-47 conference 51.55%, 2 seasons with 10+ wins, 2 division titles*, 7 bowl games, 0 NY6 bowls
  8. WSU: 67-64 overall 51.15%, 45-49 conference 47.87%, 1 season with 10+ wins, 1 division title, 7 bowl games, 0 NY6
  9. Cal: 55-73 overall 42.97%, 31-63 conference 32.98%, 0 seasons with 10+ wins, 0 division titles, 4 bowl games, 0 NY6
  10. Arizona: 53-74 overall 41.73%, 33-62 conference 34.74%, 1 season with 10+ wins, 1 division title, 5 bowl games, 1 NY6 bowl game
  11. Oregon State: 47-83 overall 31.154%, 30-67 conference 30.93%, 0 seasons with 10+ wins, 0 division titles, 3 bowl games, 0 NY6
  12. 47-83 overall 36.154%, 26-68 conference 27.66%, 1 season with 10+ wins, 1 division title, 2 bowl games, 0 NY6

*2011 USC could not participate in the postseason so UCLA participated in CCG. 2020 USC sat out bowl season. 

**2020 Washington won the division but COVID protocol prevented them from participating in the CCG and they sat out bowl season.

I don't think it can be stated enough what Utah has done in the 11 years since they joined the conference is awesome. CU is still struggling and was struggling even before they joined and they were in the Big-12. When Arizona and ASU joined from the WAC they too struggled for a time. I think it took 9 years before ASU finally won the conference and 15 years for Arizona. By year 4 for Utah, they were winning 9+ games, and by year 5 competing for conference championships. Finally culminating in a conference title and Rose Bowl berth. It's exciting to think about what new heights they could climb. But as a USC fan/homer would I say I'm jealous of what Utah has accomplished in the last decade? Not really. If I could have had their head coach or someone similar leading a tough-minded, and a consistent team I would have been ecstatic and we probably would not have had arguably the worst era in USC football history. Even still, despite that, USC still ranked 3rd in overall and conference win percentage and had more division and conference titles than over half the league. 

Factual numbers don't lie.  Whittingham for most of his HC career has been a 70+% winner in all games prior to the P12. The fact that you see 63% and 55% in conference shows how tough it has been to transition here. The last 5 years or so, those %'s have and will continue to go up for probably as long he sticks around. Better recruiting and figuring out how things work in this conference. 

Kyle is a grinder, not an instant lightening bolt like a Meyer, Saban and other top college coaches.  We love Kyle. The University even has a golden parachute job waiting for him as an advisor when he hangs up the whistle. I'm pretty sure something involving our stadium will get named after him eventually. 17 years as HC and 28 on staff.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:29 PM, Trojan209 said:

Washington: 85-51 overall 62.5%, 55-39 conference 58.51%, 3 seasons with 10+ wins, 4 division titles**, 2 conference championships. 6 bowl games**, 3 NY6 bowls, 1 semi-final appearance

UW has been to 9 bowl games.  UW was the last PAC 12 team to not qualify for a bowl game during the PAC 12 era when they were Lake'd in 2021.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:04 AM, Mano said:

Similar to people joking about hijacking airplane at the airport.  Really stupid thing to do.

It's interesting how fast people go to jail for saying stupid shit, and yet a treasonous bag of shit who assaults women on the regular, steals state secrets, defrauds millions, and spearheads an attack on democracy is STILL not in jail.

Almost makes me think our justice system is 100% pointless and absurd.

Archived