WEEK FIVE PREDICTIONS - Conference Play

HLB

On 10/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, MrBug708 said:

I hate to say Chip was sandbagging some of the looks in early games but he was pretty bland for much of the first four games. Almost bit him in the ass in the USA game. DTR is on another level right now

Robinson has never played well against Kyle’s defense.  There’s a reason we’re favored by about 4 on your field even after you got a big win and have zero losses.

That said, at the beginning of the year, I thought this year was going to be more of the same. Not anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if UCLA takes this one.  I think it’s going to be a close game. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/2/2022 at 2:58 PM, utenation said:

Robinson has never played well against Kyle’s defense.  There’s a reason we’re favored by about 4 on your field even after you got a big win and have zero losses.

That said, at the beginning of the year, I thought this year was going to be more of the same. Not anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if UCLA takes this one.  I think it’s going to be a close game. 

Never, while techincally true, isn't really fair, considering he's played Utah once in his career and it was a schallacking I witnessed in the cold in 2019. Wilson Speight, was 2018 and I watched, 2019 said game, 2020 was cancelled, and last years road game, which I also witnessed, was the backup, Ethan Garbers. It might be some good fortune for the Bruins, that I won't be in person to watch them this Saturday. If Utah can dominate the lines, which they tend to do in the matchups vs UCLA, it could be a long game for the Bruins. But they've managed to disguise some of the weaknesses and DTR looks like a 5th year college player right now. I'm probably jinxing it, but I think the "DTR is good for two stupid plays a game" days are gone. Mistakes happen in any game, but I think the bonehead plays are gone now. I'm hoping I can catch some of the game, but life with kids makes Saturday games hit or miss and this week is a miss.

On 10/2/2022 at 6:51 AM, HLB said:

In every game, the home team won.  So how did I do this week ..... Winner in Bold

Washington @ UCLA ... (40-32) MISS!  I almost hit the correct score, but I had the wrong team winning.  After UCLA almost lost (and should have lost) to S. Alabama, I just didn't see them being able to handle Washington, who look fantastic in their last two wins.  Conference play .... You never know.  Good win for the Bruins.  Now I have to re-think all things UCLA and all things Washington.  I guess UCLA should be ranked in the meaningless AP poll.

Oregon State @ Utah .... (42-16) HIT! .... Ater seeing them against USC, I thought Oregon State would play better defense and put up more points.  But I was correct in picking Utah.

Stanford @ Oregon ... (45-27) HIT! .... I came close to hitting the exact score, and Bo Nix stood tall, as predicted.   

Colorado @ Arizona .... (43-20) HIT! .... Arizona picks up their third win of the season.  That's three times better than last year!  Unfortunately, they are about to lose their next 6 games in a row.  But maybe they can beat ASU in their final game of the season.

California @ Washington State .... (28-9) HIT! .... I expected more from WAZZU, but they still won comfortably.  They're going to get tested next week, for sure.

AZ State @ USC .... (42-25) HIT! .... My only surprise here is that USC didn't score more.  It looked like ASU's players were more relaxed and played some of their best ball, thus far.  The road doesn't get easier for either team.

This week:  5-1.  

Really? What kinda clown creates a “hey guys, look at me and how right I was on my picks” post?

Are you really that insecure? You realize if someone was interested in your garbage, they will go back and look for themselves right?

Once again, congrats on reading box scores only. You know nothing about this conference.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:04 AM, utenation said:

Really? What kinda clown creates a “hey guys, look at me and how right I was on my picks” post?

Are you really that insecure? You realize if someone was interested in your garage, they will go back and look for themselves right?

Once again, congrats on reading box scores only. You know nothing about this conference.

Yeah, he opines on each of the games from boxscores only, and tries to pass himself off as some CFB wizard.  "i ThOugHt OrEgOn StAtEs deFenSe wOuLd bE beTteR"; like, dipshit, the story of the game was four turnovers, not OSU struggling on defense or Utah being some kind of offensive juggernaut.  When your offense hands a 20-yard short field to the opponent, they score.  It just happens.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:39 AM, Orange said:

Yeah, he opines on each of the games from boxscores only, and tries to pass himself off as some CFB wizard.  "i ThOugHt OrEgOn StAtEs deFenSe wOuLd bE beTteR"; like, dipshit, the story of the game was four turnovers, not OSU struggling on defense or Utah being some kind of offensive juggernaut.  When your offense hands a 20-yard short field to the opponent, they score.  It just happens.

Well, a broken watch is still right twice a day. He's about the same quality. 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:04 AM, utenation said:

Are you really that insecure? You realize if someone was interested in your garbage, they will go back and look for themselves right?

He's a twat.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:39 AM, Orange said:

First you imply that I rely on box scores only, and then you mention the four turnovers.

If I was reading box scores, I would have seen the four turnovers and made reference.  That being said, if the defense was better, they would have held Utah to FGs in the short field situations, and not allowed TD's (which I'm assuming they did, based on your comment).

Furthermore, turnovers are sometimes created by defensive players making plays, that cause the turnover.  You make it sound like turnovers are mere accidents (like spilling a glass of milk) and fail to recognize that opposing players often create the turnover.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:04 AM, utenation said:

Really?  What kind of a clown continually seeks to attack one specific poster about anything and everything that poster writes?

Are you really that insecure?  You realize if someone is really interested in your opinions, they would go back and take a look at themselves, right?

Once again, congrats on boosting your ego by trying to belittle me.  People who are insecure aim to tear down others.  You know nothing about me, and you know nothing about CFB.

As for me knowing the PAC12:  This year might be the most competitive that the PAC12 has been, in conference.  There are seven teams where anyone can beat anyone, on a given day.  I think USC will go undefeated and make the CFP.  In the two weeks of conference play, I've missed one pick.  In OOC play, the PAC12 continues to flounder and prove that they are not as strong as other conferences.  Utah - your school - for example, lost to Florida, a team that will lose no less than four games in SEC competition, and maybe five.  It Utah was in the SEC, they would be in the bottom of the conference, behind BAMA, Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, TXA&M, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and maybe LSU.  Just look at what Georgia did to Oregon.

The PAC12 - while very competitive among themselves, and better this year than past years, is remains the weakest conference, overall.  That's not just my opinion, that's the perspective across the entire landscape of CFB.

There is nothing more I would want than for the PAC12 to be strong; because it only makes all other conferences and teams to get stronger.  But the crying and excuses given (no body watches our games; we have to play late start times; etc.) gets old.

Look at it this way, if the PAC12 is a strong as you and yours would like to believe, then why are UCLA and USC jumping ship to join a conference three time zones away?

On 10/4/2022 at 6:34 AM, HLB said:

Really?  What kind of a clown continually seeks to attack one specific poster about anything and everything that poster writes?

Are you really that insecure?  You realize if someone is really interested in your opinions, they would go back and take a look at themselves, right?

Once again, congrats on boosting your ego by trying to belittle me.  People who are insecure aim to tear down others.  You know nothing about me, and you know nothing about CFB.

As for me knowing the PAC12:  This year might be the most competitive that the PAC12 has been, in conference.  There are seven teams where anyone can beat anyone, on a given day.  I think USC will go undefeated and make the CFP.  In the two weeks of conference play, I've missed one pick.  In OOC play, the PAC12 continues to flounder and prove that they are not as strong as other conferences.  Utah - your school - for example, lost to Florida, a team that will lose no less than four games in SEC competition, and maybe five.  It Utah was in the SEC, they would be in the bottom of the conference, behind BAMA, Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, TXA&M, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and maybe LSU.  Just look at what Georgia did to Oregon.

The PAC12 - while very competitive among themselves, and better this year than past years, is remains the weakest conference, overall.  That's not just my opinion, that's the perspective across the entire landscape of CFB.

There is nothing more I would want than for the PAC12 to be strong; because it only makes all other conferences and teams to get stronger.  But the crying and excuses given (no body watches our games; we have to play late start times; etc.) gets old.

Look at it this way, if the PAC12 is a strong as you and yours would like to believe, then why are UCLA and USC jumping ship to join a conference three time zones away?

I bought your book. It was 10 pages and 6 of the pages were just pictures.  Not impressed. 

Sales were so terrible they moved your book to the free newspaper and rental apartments magazine section on your way out of grocery stores. 

On 10/4/2022 at 5:18 AM, HLB said:

First you imply that I rely on box scores only, and then you mention the four turnovers.

If I was reading box scores, I would have seen the four turnovers and made reference.  That being said, if the defense was better, they would have held Utah to FGs in the short field situations, and not allowed TD's (which I'm assuming they did, based on your comment).

Furthermore, turnovers are sometimes created by defensive players making plays, that cause the turnover.  You make it sound like turnovers are mere accidents (like spilling a glass of milk) and fail to recognize that opposing players often create the turnover.

Don't look now, but you just straight up told us you didn't watch the game.  Your recap is literally just verbal masturbation for yourself.  Do fuck off.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, utenation said:

I bought your book. It was 10 pages and 6 of the pages were just pictures.  Not impressed. 

Sales were so terrible they moved your book to the free newspaper and rental apartments magazine section on your way out of grocery stores. 

Thank you for purchasing.

On 10/4/2022 at 4:40 PM, Orange said:

Don't look now, but you just straight up told us you didn't watch the game.  Your recap is literally just verbal masturbation for yourself.  Do fuck off.

I never said I watched the game.  It was on at the same time as other games, that I was more interested in, but when the games I wanted to watch went to commercial, I jumped over and watched a couple of plays.

But I never said I watched the game.

As for my recap:  "Oregon State @ Utah .... (42-16) HIT! .... After seeing them against USC, I thought Oregon State would play better defense and put up more points.  But I was correct in picking Utah."

That's not much of a recap.  I watched them play USC, and after seeing them play that game, I expected more from Oregon State.  But I never said I watched the game, nor do I have to have watched the game, when the score tells me that Oregon didn't perform as well against Utah.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:04 AM, utenation said:

So, you're saying I read box scores, one week in advance, when I made my predictions?  Interesting.

Here's are my box score predictions for the remainder of Utah's season.  Not saying this is definitive, just my opinion and how I see it.

Utah v. UCLA .... Utah wins 37-29

Utah v. USC .... USC wins, 41-27

Utah v. Wazzu .... Utah wins, 44-23

Utah v. Arizona .... Utah wins, 53-20

Utah v. Stanford .... Utah wins, 45-30

Utah v. Oregon .... Oregon wins, 38-33

Utah v. Colorado .... Utah wins 42-13

On 10/4/2022 at 7:22 PM, HLB said:

I never said I watched the game.  It was on at the same time as other games, that I was more interested in, but when the games I wanted to watch went to commercial, I jumped over and watched a couple of plays.

But I never said I watched the game.

As for my recap:  "Oregon State @ Utah .... (42-16) HIT! .... After seeing them against USC, I thought Oregon State would play better defense and put up more points.  But I was correct in picking Utah."

That's not much of a recap.  I watched them play USC, and after seeing them play that game, I expected more from Oregon State.  But I never said I watched the game, nor do I have to have watched the game, when the score tells me that Oregon didn't perform as well against Utah.

And again, your analysis of the game was fucked....because you didn't watch it.  You don't see me wrongly breaking down the latest Auburn game from the boxscore.

Next time, just shut the fuck up, eh?

Archived