WEEK SEVEN PREDICTIONS - Conference Play

HLB

On 10/15/2022 at 1:52 AM, utenation said:

HLB’s analysis is garbage and holds zero water. His theory goes right down the toilet once UCLA played Utah and Washington. 

Utah has always had one of the best defenses in the conference. DTR did anything he wanted against Utah. When DTR doesn’t miss a beat in OOC and 3 conference games, the weak OOC claim doesn’t matter. 

It might help if he actually watched these games rather than reading box scores.

It might help if he read the box scores. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/15/2022 at 12:04 AM, utenation said:

Really? You actually need this explained?

You realize that pretty much anytime you post on this board people call you out for errors and mistakes right? Teams, numbers, schedules, why teams won or lost, geography, important conference dates, bowl tie ins, 10 vs 12 schools. 

This is just a small example for you. No matter how many times you make a fool of yourself you always come for more acting like an expert. 

Do yourself a favor and go “educate” a different board. 

So list them.

Numbers?

Are you implying that you've never had a typing error?  Are you suggesting that you've never accidently wrote the wrong nickname, because you're typing quickly?  Never tried to explain why a team won or lost.  Never referred to "important conference dates", other than the P12 CCG.  Never discussed P12 bowl tie ins, where all but one is inconsequential baby bowls that no one cares about, while the one that people do care about is not as revered around the country as it once was, but only to P12 fans is it so important (even B1G fans don't get as excited about the Rose Bowl as they once did, just like SEC fans don't get as excited about the Sugar Bowl as they once did).  And the only reason P12 fans continue to revere the Rose Bowl is because it's all they have, because they can't make the NCG.  How many geography mistakes have a I made?  And I referred to the P12, when thinking about the B1G, who has 16 schools but calls themselves the Big Ten.

Never claimed to be an expert.  Just giving my opinions (which you don't like).

But here's what I find about you:  You stereotype people from the south.  You suggest that every white citizen in the South is a racist without actually knowing or experience racism.  You don't know anything about the south, while making comments about the south and the SEC as if you've lived in the south and are an expert about the South. You want to criticize others, but you never make predictions, projections or anything of the sort .... Put yourself out there and make some predictions about the games as opposed to criticizing those who do. You fail to realize that if Utah were in the SEC, they would be behind 10 other teams, and think that all things SEC is just hype and bias.  If the P12 is all that you want to believe it is, they why are two cornerstone institutions leaving for the B1G?  The P12 has an abundance of quality competition and they put out some fun games to watch.   But it's poorly run, not as strong as all other P5 conferences, and consequently, it's imploding.  There's a reason why USC and UCLA are leaving.  If the P12 is all that you want to believe it is, then why are they leaving?  Fans of those schools on these boards will, in time, look back and come to realize that the P12 wasn't what it once was, as others have tried to point out.

I came on these threads, in good faith, and expressed my honest opinions.  Others, like you, didn't like my opinions and began to call me names, and hurl insults, when I had not made any such statements towards anyone.  That only prompted me to respond accordingly - which you obviously don't like.

As for yourself, I think you are a passionate Utah fan, and I think that's great, and I respect that fact.  But you - in my opinion - speak as if you are an expert, when you're not.  You come across to me as condescending, arrogant, and a coward who is quick to criticize others but too big of a pussy to put yourself out there.

I said in week one that USC would go undefeated and win every game by double digits .... They didn't win by double digits vs. Oregon State, but I stand by that prediction in this game, today.

A

On 10/14/2022 at 9:21 PM, HLB said:

Bo Nix as the potential Offensive POY in the PAC12?  He's tearing up the PAC12, but struggled against better competition in the SEC (see opening season loss, as well).  Is there a better barometer that demonstrates which conference has stronger competition?

Stupid analysis like this is much of the reason people are on your case. Nix has played against Arizona, Stanford and Wazzu thus far in the Pac, not exactly the conferences 3 highest rated defenses. He played well in two of these games. You summarize "tearing up the Pac 12".

A website lists him as a candidate for opoy, along with the QB's of the other 2 undefeated teams at this point. You don't seem to be smart enough to see why. 

You bring worthless analysis as it is obvious you don't actually watch the games,  yet you think somehow you ignorantly talking about them brings value. This is why everyone here thinks you are a joke.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:09 AM, HLB said:

So list them.

Numbers?

Are you implying that you've never had a typing error?  Are you suggesting that you've never accidently wrote the wrong nickname, because you're typing quickly?  Never tried to explain why a team won or lost.  Never referred to "important conference dates", other than the P12 CCG.  Never discussed P12 bowl tie ins, where all but one is inconsequential baby bowls that no one cares about, while the one that people do care about is not as revered around the country as it once was, but only to P12 fans is it so important (even B1G fans don't get as excited about the Rose Bowl as they once did, just like SEC fans don't get as excited about the Sugar Bowl as they once did).  And the only reason P12 fans continue to revere the Rose Bowl is because it's all they have, because they can't make the NCG.  How many geography mistakes have a I made?  And I referred to the P12, when thinking about the B1G, who has 16 schools but calls themselves the Big Ten.

Never claimed to be an expert.  Just giving my opinions (which you don't like).

But here's what I find about you:  You stereotype people from the south.  You suggest that every white citizen in the South is a racist without actually knowing or experience racism.  You don't know anything about the south, while making comments about the south and the SEC as if you've lived in the south and are an expert about the South. You want to criticize others, but you never make predictions, projections or anything of the sort .... Put yourself out there and make some predictions about the games as opposed to criticizing those who do. You fail to realize that if Utah were in the SEC, they would be behind 10 other teams, and think that all things SEC is just hype and bias.  If the P12 is all that you want to believe it is, they why are two cornerstone institutions leaving for the B1G?  The P12 has an abundance of quality competition and they put out some fun games to watch.   But it's poorly run, not as strong as all other P5 conferences, and consequently, it's imploding.  There's a reason why USC and UCLA are leaving.  If the P12 is all that you want to believe it is, then why are they leaving?  Fans of those schools on these boards will, in time, look back and come to realize that the P12 wasn't what it once was, as others have tried to point out.

I came on these threads, in good faith, and expressed my honest opinions.  Others, like you, didn't like my opinions and began to call me names, and hurl insults, when I had not made any such statements towards anyone.  That only prompted me to respond accordingly - which you obviously don't like.

As for yourself, I think you are a passionate Utah fan, and I think that's great, and I respect that fact.  But you - in my opinion - speak as if you are an expert, when you're not.  You come across to me as condescending, arrogant, and a coward who is quick to criticize others but too big of a pussy to put yourself out there.

I said in week one that USC would go undefeated and win every game by double digits .... They didn't win by double digits vs. Oregon State, but I stand by that prediction in this game, today.

A

If I want to read a 400 page book, I will buy something at Barnes and Noble or Amazon. This monster post is unreadable.

This is a sports message board, not a college campus where people are writing term papers.  Try a summarized version and I might read it. 

I already listed where you consistently fuck up. Just because you ignore those facts, that’s not on us to provide more “proof”.

On 10/15/2022 at 5:27 PM, glduck said:

That loss is a “we should discuss our ongoing commitment to play D1 football” level of bad for Cal.

Good thing they aren't saddled with half a billion dollars in stadium debt. 

Zona picks up a first down on 4th and 2 on an option pitch that hit the ground before being scooped up by the UA RB, and the Pac-12 officials blow it dead as an incomplete pass. Turnover on downs. You can't make this shit up. 

Archived