WEEK SEVEN PREDICTIONS - Conference Play

HLB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/17/2022 at 8:46 AM, Orange said:

Politics, spelling, grammar, and any understanding of the west coast in its entirety.

“Everyone has different opinions and makes “simple” mistakes from time to time”  that’s what you’re going to hear. 

He just doesn’t realize that this looks absurd when he try’s to claim he’s an “expert” and a renowned author. 

Last year I was trying to get @Quack 12 to be his book editor. But Quack gave a quick “hard pass and stop” on that idea.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:05 PM, utenation said:

And you don’t post enough.  Stick around my friend. 

BTW, didn’t powerhouse Georgia barely squeak by 2-4 Missouri? 

@Quack 12, unfortunately, is pretty disciplined about not posting here and fighting and sniping constantly (unfortunate for us, fortunate for him).

Tho when I start shitting on the baby boom generation, it works like a Bat signal.  A Quack Signal, if you will.  

On 10/17/2022 at 2:55 PM, Orange said:

Holy shit I've never seen that one, lol.

Is it possible for Dean Winters to win a lifetime achievement Oscar for one ad campaign?

Dude. This one has been out for a few months pal. Lol. 

The “Dr. Rick” ones are the best. Maybe because I’m getting old? Lol

On 10/13/2022 at 5:51 PM, HLB said:

Winners in Bold

California @ Colorado .... (49-10).  Two teams that no other conference wants, boring everyone in a game that no one cares about.

Arizona @ Washington .... (37-23).  The Huskies beat a team that they should beat, for the first time in three weeks.

Notre Dame @ Stanford .... (41-13).  Notre Dame is a good, but not great.  But they should win.  Behind Urban Meyer and Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw might be third biggest fraud among CFB coaches.  How does he keep his job.

USC @ Utah .... (37-20) .... Where's College Game Day?  Not at this game.  They know where the best CFB is played.

Washington State @ Oregon State .... 38-37.  The PAC12 Game of the Week.  Should be enjoyable to watch.  But the PAC12 leadership has this game on the PAC12 Network, where most of the country won't get to see it.

Enjoy the games!

Wow!  Last weekend was full of surprises.  Looking at the results:

California @ Colorado .... (20-13) MISS!  Who knew that Cal could be so bad.  Great win for Colorado.  Maybe this is the beginning of better things to come for the Buffalos.

Arizona @ Washington .... (49-39) HIT! More points from AZ than I expected, but they are an improving team.  Maybe after USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon leave the P12, they can have a shot at the CCG.

Notre Dame @ Stanford .... (16-14) MISS!  And who didn't have ND winning this game?  Congrats to Standford for their first win over an FBS opponent in a year.  That being said, I think this is more on an indictment of how bad, and how inconsistent that ND is playing.  Brutal loss for ND.

USC @ Utah .... (43-42) MISS!  The game of the year in the PAC12, thus far.  I'm truly surprised that USC lost this game, but Utah showed a lot of resiliency and fought back, throughout the game, to get a great win.  Fun to watch, and Utah definitely earned the win, and the respect that they deserve.

Washington State @ Oregon State .... (24-10) HIT! Thought this game would be closer, but the better team definitely won.  

On 10/16/2022 at 4:05 PM, utenation said:

And you don’t post enough.  Stick around my friend. 

BTW, didn’t powerhouse Georgia barely squeak by 2-4 Missouri? 

Thank you for that. I'd like to visit here more (pissed that I missed this year's pick 'em) but retirement has resulted in a lot more manual labor and a lot less sitting at a desk. 

To your second point, the Georgia loss is an albatross Oregon will carry all season, especially if the Dawgs lose along the way. I can whine about first-time coach/staff in first game, new QB, defending champs, de facto home game, etc., but it doesn't matter, it's still forty-fuckin-nine to three! They can't overcome it. Every pundit mentions it every time they mention Oregon. It's like Hunter Biden and his laptop. 

On 10/23/2022 at 12:27 PM, Quack 12 said:

Thank you for that. I'd like to visit here more (pissed that I missed this year's pick 'em) but retirement has resulted in a lot more manual labor and a lot less sitting at a desk. 

To your second point, the Georgia loss is an albatross Oregon will carry all season, especially if the Dawgs lose along the way. I can whine about first-time coach/staff in first game, new QB, defending champs, de facto home game, etc., but it doesn't matter, it's still forty-fuckin-nine to three! They can't overcome it. Every pundit mentions it every time they mention Oregon. It's like Hunter Biden and his laptop. 

Except 49-3 actually has evidentiary import.  

Archived