WEEK SEVEN PREDICTIONS - Conference Play

HLB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/15/2022 at 9:55 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Good game, Utes

We needed this win. Good game. Both offenses played well. 

Williams is a freak of nature and so fun to watch.  That motherfucker is so hard to bring down. Lol.

Cam had a great game. 5 touchdowns, 2 in the air and he ran 3 in. 

Maybe we meet again.  Oregon and UCLA are damn good too. 

On 10/13/2022 at 4:51 PM, HLB said:

USC @ Utah .... (37-20) .... Where's College Game Day?  Not at this game.  They know where the best CFB is played.

Nice call genius. Predicting a USC blow out win by 17 points in Salt Lake City? 

Since you don’t know shit about our conference, I’ll give you a few helpful hints. 

1. You should have looked at the point spread before you made your loser pick.

2.  You might want to look at Utah’s home record the last 4-5 years(taking out COVID 2020) before you make your loser pick. 

Do some research for once. 

On 10/14/2022 at 8:21 PM, HLB said:

Bo Nix as the potential Offensive POY in the PAC12?  He's tearing up the PAC12, but struggled against better competition in the SEC (see opening season loss, as well).  Is there a better barometer that demonstrates which conference has stronger competition?

DTR has played very well.  However, he didn't face a P5 OOC opponent.  Curious as to how much this might have impacted his rating.  Williams and McKee have yet to face a P5 OOC opponent.

So if Bo Nix's season is a "barometer" of the elevated competition in the SEC, what does Jayden Daniels' performance this year at LSU tell your "barometer?"

Sorry, but you can't use individual players to extrapolate relative conference strengths. That's stupid.

The funny thing is that no one here is arguing that the Pac-12 is stronger than the SEC, but you make illustrating the almighty domination of the SEC your one and only premise. That's stupid too.

On 10/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, Quack 12 said:

So if Bo Nix's season is a "barometer" of the elevated competition in the SEC, what does Jayden Daniels' performance this year at LSU tell your "barometer?"

Sorry, but you can't use individual players to extrapolate relative conference strengths. That's stupid.

The funny thing is that no one here is arguing that the Pac-12 is stronger than the SEC, but you make illustrating the almighty domination of the SEC your one and only premise. That's stupid too.

And you don’t post enough.  Stick around my friend. 

BTW, didn’t powerhouse Georgia barely squeak by 2-4 Missouri? 

On 10/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, row Z said:

I would like to formally tip my cap to the Utah program for an amazing win last night. Rising had me out of my seat yelling at the tv. The atmosphere in the stadium was 💯.

Best crowd in the conference. I don't think UW or UO match up anymore. 

On 10/16/2022 at 6:24 PM, dtd said:

Best crowd in the conference. I don't think UW or UO match up anymore. 

It will be interesting to see where both Utah and UO are by the time we play late in the season. Happy we have UCLA, OSU and USC done with.   We still aren’t out of the woods yet, but I think the really hard stuff is out of the way until Oregon. 

Not looking forward to playing in Eugene this year. 

On 10/16/2022 at 6:14 PM, row Z said:

I would like to formally tip my cap to the Utah program for an amazing win last night. Rising had me out of my seat yelling at the tv. The atmosphere in the stadium was 💯.

This will go down as one of the best if not the best EVER games and wins in Rice Eccles history. 

Highly ranked Utah and highly ranked TCU in 2008 is also up there for me. Nail biting drama to the very end. 

On 10/16/2022 at 6:14 PM, row Z said:

Was an incredible game, electric atmosphere. Both offenses put on amazing performances, reminded me a lot of last years Rose Bowl. Still shocked that the Utes were able to pull off the comeback win, fortunate USC didn't have more time.

On 10/16/2022 at 8:26 PM, Mano said:

Was an incredible game, electric atmosphere. Both offenses put on amazing performances, reminded me a lot of last years Rose Bowl. Still shocked that the Utes were able to pull off the comeback win, fortunate USC didn't have more time.

You remember a few years ago in LA against SC Kyle roiled the the dice on a 2 point conversion to win or lose with Troy Williams? 

KW is a riverboat gambler late in his career.  He goes goes for it much more on 4th and short these days too. 

On 10/16/2022 at 8:51 PM, utenation said:

You remember a few years ago in LA against SC Kyle roiled the the dice on a 2 point conversion to win or lose with Troy Williams? 

KW is a riverboat gambler late in his career.  He goes goes for it much more on 4th and short these days too. 

Perhaps he has become more bold, but it was 100% the correct decision, regardless of the outcome. I wanted no part of OT against that offense. USC pretty much shredded Utah's defense all night, and it took a couple of heroic efforts to get the stops that they did. Utah had an amazing offensive performance, particularly in the second half, but it seemed they had to grind for everything they got, while it flowed easily for USC. I don't know how much longer Utah could have kept up.

On 10/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, Mano said:

Perhaps he has become more bold, but it was 100% the correct decision, regardless of the outcome. I wanted no part of OT against that offense. USC pretty much shredded Utah's defense all night, and it took a couple of heroic efforts to get the stops that they did. Utah had an amazing offensive performance, particularly in the second half, but it seemed they had to grind for everything they got, while it flowed easily for USC. I don't know how much longer Utah could have kept up.

For sure. I thought the same thing. We really didn’t have defensive answers all night and same thing against UCLA. Our defense is average at best against good offenses. 

As I mentioned in my OP, both offenses played well. Love Cam but Williams is another level. He makes things look way too easy and he has a cannon. His scrambling ability in the pocket is video game worthy. Even when we sacked him 4 times. It helps that he has elite talent around him. 

Back to KW, I also think be bought into modern analytics awhile ago. He’s old school, stubborn and earlier in his career very, very conservative and wanted to rely on his defense. 

On 10/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, HLB said:

USC @ Utah .... (37-20) .... Where's College Game Day?  Not at this game.  They know where the best CFB is played.

Washington State @ Oregon State .... 38-37The PAC12 Game of the Week.  Should be enjoyable to watch.  But the PAC12 leadership has this game on the PAC12 Network, where most of the country won't get to see it.

Enjoy the games!

Bwaahahaha!!!

Archived