UCLA at Oregon

utenation

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2022 at 3:55 PM, glduck said:

Good game Bug! I had UCLA in the title game when we did our predictions this summer and I still believe it will happen. 

UCLA still in the drivers seat for the P12 title game. (I think). Only players who showed up for the Bruins were DTR, Charbonnet, and Bobo. DTR wasn't elite, just good, but they really needed him to be perfect to keep up in the shootout. Such the life of a UCLA fans.

Nice win Ducks. Your team looked great today. 

Looking like the winners of the UCLA/USC and Oregon/Utah games likely meet in the CCG. Really worried about the Utes, because if their defense doesn't get a whole lot better, I can't see them winning at Autzen.

Not nearly as lopsided as it looked at times. Oregon got two more possessions basically, and forced 2 more FGs. Otherwise UCLA was just as dominant offensively. Although I guess the Ducks could easily have scored there at the end. 

On 10/22/2022 at 4:03 PM, dtd said:

Not nearly as lopsided as it looked at times. Oregon got two more possessions basically, and forced 2 more FGs. Otherwise UCLA was just as dominant offensively. Although I guess the Ducks could easily have scored there at the end. 

I thought Chip was giving him a chance to score one more TD, but Lanning fucked up the math haha

On 10/22/2022 at 3:30 PM, utenation said:

The number of undefeated teams will keep shrinking. If someone here ends with 1 loss with perfect timing, we have a chance. 

I think there will be a few teams with 1 loss in the mix. 

I think the only Pac team left that they would realistically put in the CFP is USC 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:08 PM, Mano said:

I think the only Pac team left that they would realistically put in the CFP is USC 

Let’s say Oregon makes if through with 1 loss.  Based on some squeakers UGA has had and the way Oregon is playing now,  I think the Committee would view Oregon as not having their shit together in their first game with a new coach rather than UGA being significantly better than Oregon. 

Just a thought. No idea if it works out this way. 

It's only been a thing twice, but a 1 loss Pac-12 champ has never been left out of the playoff. This is also crazy talk considering Utah, UCLA and Oregon still have 5 conference games to play. We're not even half way. 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:20 PM, dtd said:

It's only been a thing twice, but a 1 loss Pac-12 champ has never been left out of the playoff. This is also crazy talk considering Utah, UCLA and Oregon still have 5 conference games to play. We're not even half way. 

Fans get to have crazy talk because it’s fun. The teams need to stay focused, not us. 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, MrBug708 said:

UCLA still in the drivers seat for the P12 title game. (I think). Only players who showed up for the Bruins were DTR, Charbonnet, and Bobo. DTR wasn't elite, just good, but they really needed him to be perfect to keep up in the shootout. Such the life of a UCLA fans.

I think the tie breakers almost all lean in UCLAs favor. 

On 10/22/2022 at 9:21 PM, MrBug708 said:

Oof. Chip should have asked for a review.
11395325.png

What's the complaint? Initially, I thought the kicker touched it before it traveled 10 yards, but Fox showed an angle from the endzone and it was pretty obvious that he didn't. I'm not sure what DTD is referring to; I tried to look it up but the rules are incredibly convoluted so I couldn't straighten it out. As far as I can tell the kicking team making contact is fine unless the ball is in the air and a receiving team member is attempting to catch it - then it's interference.

On 10/24/2022 at 5:54 PM, Quack 12 said:

What's the complaint? Initially, I thought the kicker touched it before it traveled 10 yards, but Fox showed an angle from the endzone and it was pretty obvious that he didn't. I'm not sure what DTD is referring to; I tried to look it up but the rules are incredibly convoluted so I couldn't straighten it out. As far as I can tell the kicking team making contact is fine unless the ball is in the air and a receiving team member is attempting to catch it - then it's interference.

Can't block before the ball travels ten yards. It happened in the ASU-USC game. It's a reviewable play. I doubt it makes any difference, but it certainly changed the tone from that point on. I wasn't even aware that was a rule until after the game was over. The kicker played in masterfully. Our kicker's onside kick went 8 yards and went out of bounds, so clearly we don't practice that because Chip doesn't believe in gimmicky plays now.

On 10/24/2022 at 7:54 PM, Quack 12 said:

Jamal Hill is blocking before the ball went 10 yards. I'm honestly not sure that gets overturned, it's a matter of inches and it's hard to say if there was contact before 10 yards. /shrug

Archived