WEEK EIGHT PREDICTIONS - Conference Play

HLB

This conference is full of surprises.  What will the surprises be this week.  Here are my picks, with the winners in bold:

Arizona State @ Stanford (34-31) - Stanford had a great game last week, because ND had a terrible game.  ASU won't be as bad as ND, and will sneak away with a close win.

Colorado @ Oregon State (42-20) - Colorado broke into the win column, but the winning streak stops at "one".  Oregon State is much better than Cal, and Colorado.  The Beavers comfortably win this one.

Washington @ California (37-19) - If Cal can't beat Colorado, what makes me think they can beat Washington.  They can't.  Washington wins.

UCLA @ Oregon (44-42) - Last week's USC-Utah game was the P12's CCG of the year.  This game might top that game.  In a close one, UCLA will get "Bo'ed" and "Nixed" from the unbeaten column.  Should be fun and exciting to watch.

Enjoy the games!

(BTW:  I'd like to give a special thanks to @utenationand @Orangefor their year-long loyal support).

On 10/22/2022 at 10:29 PM, Orange said:

Gulbranson really got to pick up some confidence in this one. Hoping to get everyone healthy through the bye.   

Definitely. The Beavers actually remind me of Oregon offensively. I wish the Ducks reminded me of the Beavers defensively. 

On 10/22/2022 at 10:53 AM, utenation said:

This terrible show has been canceled. 

Ratings were too low and the producer was put in jail for fraud. 

I know.  It's sad that the PAC12 show is folding tent and imploding.  The ratings "are" low, and the producer(s) recognize that it's time to pull the plug.  What can you say - when you suck, you suck.

On a positive note, two of the show's better acts are taking their talents to a better show, to become the 17th and 18th teams in a conference known as the Big Ten.  So not all is lost.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, HLB said:

This conference is full of surprises.  What will the surprises be this week.  Here are my picks, with the winners in bold:

Arizona State @ Stanford (34-31) - Stanford had a great game last week, because ND had a terrible game.  ASU won't be as bad as ND, and will sneak away with a close win.

Colorado @ Oregon State (42-20) - Colorado broke into the win column, but the winning streak stops at "one".  Oregon State is much better than Cal, and Colorado.  The Beavers comfortably win this one.

Washington @ California (37-19) - If Cal can't beat Colorado, what makes me think they can beat Washington.  They can't.  Washington wins.

UCLA @ Oregon (44-42) - Last week's USC-Utah game was the P12's CCG of the year.  This game might top that game.  In a close one, UCLA will get "Bo'ed" and "Nixed" from the unbeaten column.  Should be fun and exciting to watch.

Enjoy the games!

(BTW:  I'd like to give a special thanks to @utenationand @Orangefor their year-long loyal support).

And the results ....

AZ State @ Stanford - (15-14) MISS!  Who knew that ASU could be so bad?  The battle for the top teams in this conference is almost as big as the battle for the worst teams in this conference (Stanford, Colorado, ASU, California).  

Colorado @ Oregon State - (42-9) HIT!  I got OSU's score correct.  But I gave Colorado too much credit for their single win and expected more from them.

Washington @ California - (28-21) HIT!  Washington is the most inconsistent team in this conference.  At times they look like one of the best teams in the conference, and at times they look very mediocre, as they did this week against a below average Cal team.  In the end, UW won (as I and @utenationpredicted).

UCLA @ Oregon - (42-30) HIT!  Well that was an ass kicking.  The final score reflects a game that was closer than it was.  What were my words on this prediction?  "UCLA will get "Bo'ed" and "Nixed" from the unbeaten column" .... It's interesting that Bo Nix has been such a standout in the PAC12, this year, when he struggled in the SEC.  Maybe it's just me, but I think it's because the competition in the SEC is much stronger.

Archived