'THE REAL' WEEK NINE PREDICTIONS - Conference Play

HLB

Winners in Bold

Utah @ Washington State (41-20) - I think we all know who the better team is.  It's just a matter of trying to predict the score, not the winner.

Oregon @ Cal (52-17) - If only Cal had picked up some SEC players from the transfer portal, like Oregon did.  Bo makes it look easy, as Oregon wins big.

USC @ Arizona (45-23) - This should be an easy win for USC, even though Arizona is an improved team (from a year ago).  USC's defense will give AZ hope, but not a win.

Arizona State vs. Colorado (10-9) - Which team sucks more?  I'm saying Colorado.

Stanford @ UCLA (44-10) - I'd like to pick Standford here, since they're on a roll.  Unfortunately, UCLA is too good for Stanford to upset (although I thought that about Notre Dame, too.).  UCLA wins big and keeps their PAC12 playoff chances alive.

(NOTE:  I'd like to thank @utenationand @Orangefor their undying support and kind words.)

On 10/23/2022 at 7:34 PM, HLB said:

Winners in Bold

Utah @ Washington State (41-20) - I think we all know who the better team is.  It's just a matter of trying to predict the score, not the winner.

Oregon @ Cal (52-17) - If only Cal had picked up some SEC players from the transfer portal, like Oregon did.  Bo makes it look easy, as Oregon wins big.

USC @ Arizona (45-23) - This should be an easy win for USC, even though Arizona is an improved team (from a year ago).  USC's defense will give AZ hope, but not a win.

Arizona State vs. Colorado (10-9) - Which team sucks more?  I'm saying Colorado.

Stanford @ UCLA (44-10) - I'd like to pick Standford here, since they're on a roll.  Unfortunately, UCLA is too good for Stanford to upset (although I thought that about Notre Dame, too.).  UCLA wins big and keeps their PAC12 playoff chances alive.

(NOTE:  I'd like to thank @utenationand @Orangefor their undying support and kind words.)

I'll cut to the chase .... I was RIGHT on every pick!  I am an expert (according to @utenation)!  I never said as much, but he has, so I'll accept the crown he has bestowed upon me.

Fairly close on the scores for Oregon/Cal and UCLA/Stanford.  Utah and Wazzu was closer than expected, largely due to the absence of key players for Utah, while Arizona put up a strong fight (most improved team in the PAC12).  And "who knew" that AZ State and Colorado would engage in a high scoring game?

How did @Orangedo on his picks?  Or @utenation?

Fun to watch (for now, because this conference is imploding).  I wonder what the PAC12/10/8/6/4/2/none) will look like in five years.