PAC-12 2022-2023 Hoops

MrBug708

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon is in trouble. Two uncompetitive home losses already, and the PK85 is this week. A bad showing there — and let’s face it, even when we’re good we suck in November tourneys — and we’ve set ourselves up with 4-5 losses before December gets here.

I’m ready to move on from the Richardson/Dante/Guerrier core. Richardson was a fine complimentary guy when Pritchard or Duarte was carrying the offense, but he isn’t a #1. Nobody can shoot. We have four transfer guards out indefinitely with various ailments, maybe one or two of them can help but how much of a hole will we have dug before we get there?

On 11/22/2022 at 9:34 AM, glduck said:

Oregon is in trouble. Two uncompetitive home losses already, and the PK85 is this week. A bad showing there — and let’s face it, even when we’re good we suck in November tourneys — and we’ve set ourselves up with 4-5 losses before December gets here.

I’m ready to move on from the Richardson/Dante/Guerrier core. Richardson was a fine complimentary guy when Pritchard or Duarte was carrying the offense, but he isn’t a #1. Nobody can shoot. We have four transfer guards out indefinitely with various ailments, maybe one or two of them can help but how much of a hole will we have dug before we get there?

And they're all among the worst transfers Altman has ever landed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a shitty loss for Utah today. They had a perfect opportunity to beat an average at best BYU team.  A team that recently lost to fucking South Dakota in SLC and powerhouse Utah Valley in Provo. 

While Utah has improved, we have a long ways to go as a program. We have a lot better talent working as a team this year.  I think Utah will finish low mid pack in the P12 this year which will be a step up from last year. Progress is always good but these kinda games are must wins. BYU is going nowhere this year but they sure do have our number for awhile now. 

@Chile_Ute. What are your thoughts? 

On 12/17/2022 at 6:19 PM, utenation said:

What a shitty loss for Utah today. They had a perfect opportunity to beat an average at best BYU team.  A team that recently lost to fucking South Dakota in SLC and powerhouse Utah Valley in Provo. 

While Utah has improved, we have a long ways to go as a program. We have a lot better talent working as a team this year.  I think Utah will finish low mid pack in the P12 this year which will be a step up from last year. Progress is always good but these kinda games are must wins. BYU is going nowhere this year but they sure do have our number for awhile now. 

@Chile_Ute. What are your thoughts? 

About the same.  Winnable game but just flat.  Still well better than this time last year and for now am ok with our progress.

mid-tier in conference seems about right. Another year recruiting more tools for next year….hope that’s not a permanent mantra.

Utah hasn’t taken the next step yet.  Two winnable games. 2 losses in a row. TCU is good but Utah is just a sloppy team right now.  Our Arizona win was a fluke. That team beats us 9.5 times out of 10. 

20 turnovers will not get the job done.  Utah isn’t going anywhere in post season if we are this inconsistent. Most of Utah’s wins were burning cupcakes. 

It’s only year two for Craig Smith so it’s early but this team had fans hoping. 

On 12/21/2022 at 9:09 PM, utenation said:

Utah hasn’t taken the next step yet.  Two winnable games. 2 losses in a row. TCU is good but Utah is just a sloppy team right now.  Our Arizona win was a fluke. That team beats us 9.5 times out of 10. 

20 turnovers will not get the job done.  Utah isn’t going anywhere in post season if we are this inconsistent. Most of Utah’s wins were burning cupcakes. 

It’s only year two for Craig Smith so it’s early but this team had fans hoping. 

I went to game, TCU seemed a lot more athletic than Utah. They were a lot quicker to the ball in addition to Utah throwing some ill advised passes. Wasn't expecting much from the running Utes this year, but they are definitely improved. Doubt they are a tournament team this year, but hopefully next year.

On 12/21/2022 at 11:45 PM, Mano said:

I went to game, TCU seemed a lot more athletic than Utah. They were a lot quicker to the ball in addition to Utah throwing some ill advised passes. Wasn't expecting much from the running Utes this year, but they are definitely improved. Doubt they are a tournament team this year, but hopefully next year.

I would have been happy with a split of BYU and TCU. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived