Arizona @ Utah

utenation

Looks like Cam should be good to go.  He was close last week but told coach he couldn't go. A lot of trust there. 

Also, some good news: No season ending injuries.  I was worried about Kincaid. Left the game in a shoulder sling.  He's listed as day to day.  I'm hoping he's good and cleared by medical because this guy will try to play if he can. Be smart Dalton.

Utah favored by 17.5 in SLC. I like that if we have some guys back. Otherwise, might be a grinder.  I'd say 14 points is about right, if Cam and Dalton play. 

If Cam plays, I think Utah should be ok, although Arizona's receivers scare the bejeezus out of me. Utah should be able to outscore them at home as long as the defense doesn't completely shit the bed. I doubt Kincaid plays, nor should he. Would love to see Tavion and Micah playing at full strength. Hoping Kincaid is back before the Oregon game.

On 10/31/2022 at 5:14 PM, Mano said:

If Cam plays, I think Utah should be ok, although Arizona's receivers scare the bejeezus out of me. Utah should be able to outscore them at home as long as the defense doesn't completely shit the bed. I doubt Kincaid plays, nor should he. Would love to see Tavion and Micah playing at full strength. Hoping Kincaid is back before the Oregon game.

If Cam was a game time decision last Thursday, I would think 10 days later he should be good. But I'm not a doctor. KW didn't confirm anything today but he rarely does. Did you see the play(s) where Cam got hurt in the USC game? I’ve watched a few times and don’t see it. 

de Laura is no slouch either. 3rd game in a row where we will be chasing around a slippery guy in the pocket. He can get hot. I'd like to see Yassmin get some more catches.  He's kinda clunky and raw with average hands but he can run over people if he has a head of steam with the ball.

Yeah — beat up even after the bye week.   They don’t release ANY injury updates with Riley so 🤷🏻‍♂️

He just says “day-to-day” which I guess is better than “season-ending”.    We have Cal & then Colorado so they’re probably (hopefully) slow-walking them back.  

On 10/31/2022 at 9:17 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Yeah — beat up even after the bye week.   They don’t release ANY injury updates with Riley so 🤷🏻‍♂️

He just says “day-to-day” which I guess is better than “season-ending”.    We have Cal & then Colorado so they’re probably (hopefully) slow-walking them back.  

I’m still trying to figure out my thoughts on USC/UCLA. Both offenses are top shelf.  I don’t think many defenses in the country can stop either team.  I also think both offenses can overcome turnovers. First to 60 points wins?

On 11/2/2022 at 2:36 PM, Mano said:

There has been a light snowfall in SLC all day today. Saturday night is supposed to be cold and rainy. Not looking forward to enduring this at the game, but hopefully it effects Arizona more than Utah.

😈

It’s been dumping heavy snow at my house in Sandy. Nothing light for me. 

On 11/2/2022 at 7:15 PM, HLB said:

Utah, South Alabama and Oregon did.  And if they did, I'm pretty sure there are several schools who can.

Utah and Oregon didn't stop UCLA's offense. South Alabama saw the backup running back for UCLA more than they saw Charbonnet so that should tell you how serious they were about that game, which admittedly almost cost them the game. Compared to the Utah game where Charbonnet got 21 carries and the backup RB got...3. In the UW-UCLA game, Charbonnet got 22 and the backup got...5. In the Oregon game, the backup RB got...1 carry.

But the statement was not many could stop the offense, not that nobody could stop their offense.

This week's picks.  Winners in BOLD.

Oregon State @ Washington (37-30) .... I want to be able to pick Washington, but they've been so inconsistent, while Oregon State has shown themselves to be a quality opponent that can't be taken lightly.  I don't think UW will want it as bad as Oregon State.

UCLA @ ASU (41-29) .... Do I need to explain this pick?  UCLA is simply better.  HOWEVER, ASU has played better since they got rid of Herm Edwards.  UCLA wins, but Arizona State has a decent showing.

Arizona @ Utah (41-35) .... Arizona might be the most improved team in the PAC12.  They put up a lot of points versus USC and made USC work for everything they got.  Playing at home and having Rising back @QB will propel Utah to victory.

Oregon @ Colorado (55-13) .... "Bo Nix for Heisman"!  Nix struggled @ Auburn and against SEC competition (See Oregon v. Georgia in week one of 2022).  It was painful to watch, week in and week out.  Fortunately, he's in an offense that fits his style of play and facing competition he can excel against.  And he will excel again, against lowly Colorado

Washington State @ Stanford (24-19) .... Watch out!  Stanford at home has been deadly in recent weeks (see ND and ASU victories), thanks to their Team MVP kicker.  Wazzu is coming off a difficult loss.  One would think that Wazzu would run away with this one.  But look for Stanford (and their kicker) to keep the game close.

Cal @ USC (48-13) .... Of late, USC hasn't played as well as they are capable of playing, and last week they had several players "out".  Not sure what their roster will look like this week, but Cal simply isn't good enough to win, and USC will win this game comfortably.

Enjoy the games!

On 11/2/2022 at 8:26 PM, MrBug708 said:

Utah and Oregon didn't stop UCLA's offense. South Alabama saw the backup running back for UCLA more than they saw Charbonnet so that should tell you how serious they were about that game, which admittedly almost cost them the game. Compared to the Utah game where Charbonnet got 21 carries and the backup RB got...3. In the UW-UCLA game, Charbonnet got 22 and the backup got...5. In the Oregon game, the backup RB got...1 carry.

But the statement was not many could stop the offense, not that nobody could stop their offense.

UCLA racked up 502 yards and 42 points on Utah’s defense. Pretty even split of yards in the air and ground. 

That’s not stopping anything. Looks like @HLB can’t even read box scores correctly. 

Archived