OS v. UW

Orange

4 pt spread in favor of the Huskies.  The last time we came into UW riding this high was 2012, 6-0 and ranked in the top-10.  We lost to a 3-4 Husky team.  I find it hard to see how we come out of this one with a W.

This is maybe the best passing game in the conference versus maybe the best pass D in the conference.  It also happens to be the 3rd best run offense in the league (OS) versus the 2nd best run defense in the league (UW).  Home field will make the difference.  Take the beavs on the spread, but UW wins the game.

I've had the Beavers in this one for a few weeks, but I agree it's hard to pick them outright here. UW has the best player at the most important position and is at home. Gulbranson looked like a real QB vs WSU but was still 3rd string a few months ago.

The script for basically every scenario like this is that the team with the backup QB wilts on the road. Utah flipped it but Utah > OSU and UW > WSU. It's an intriguing matchup of strength vs strength and weakness vs weakness.

In the end if the pick comes down to Penix vs good OSU defense or Gulbranson vs bad UW defense, I guess the Penix mightier. 

On 11/1/2022 at 10:22 AM, Orange said:

4 pt spread in favor of the Huskies.  The last time we came into UW riding this high was 2012, 6-0 and ranked in the top-10.  We lost to a 3-4 Husky team.  I find it hard to see how we come out of this one with a W.

This is maybe the best passing game in the conference versus maybe the best pass D in the conference.  It also happens to be the 3rd best run offense in the league (OS) versus the 2nd best run defense in the league (UW).  Home field will make the difference.  Take the beavs on the spread, but UW wins the game.

A evenly matched game, however Oregon State has been more consistent, while UW has been consistently inconsistent.  Overall, UW hasn't played as well.  I have Oregon State winning this one.  

On 11/3/2022 at 8:21 AM, Orange said:

Did the Husky Stadium reno do anything to stifle the wind that whips through there?

Not to my knowledge. If anything, i think the new upper deck on the south side allows more wind through. 

Wilner and Canzano are both picking the Beavers to win.  Canzano says 27-24 Beavs.  Wilner says 23-16 Beavs.

Good god these B-team espn announcers are annoying.   They fellate Penix incessantly, even when he keeps lobbing passes up for grabs.  he was calling his arm a “knife through butter” the instant mascarenas ran back a pick-6 back, lol

Archived