AP Poll

utenation

On 11/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, utenation said:

We will likely be the victims of parity for the CFP once again

The PAC12 is an entertaining conference, with a lot of competitive games and unknown outcomes.

But parity hasn't kept the PAC12 out of the CFP.  The inability to win OOC games, against the elite, has kept the PAC12 out of the CFP.

As it stands, Ohio State, Georgia, Michigan, Tennessee, LSU, Alabama, TCU and Ole Miss would all march through the PAC12, without difficulty.

The rest of the nation sees this, and so does the CFP (who desperately wants a PAC12 team to rise up and give an argument to be in the CFP).  As it stands, USC is the lone hope for the PAC12, but I don't see USC winning out.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:00 PM, glduck said:

oof, take Bama out of that group. We’d probably just unleash Stanford to take them down.

Really?  BAMA loses two regular season games, for the first time in about 15 years, both on the last play of the game, and suddenly you think they're not good.

They would easily run through the PAC12.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:18 PM, HLB said:

The PAC12 is an entertaining conference, with a lot of competitive games and unknown outcomes.

But parity hasn't kept the PAC12 out of the CFP.  The inability to win OOC games, against the elite, has kept the PAC12 out of the CFP.

As it stands, Ohio State, Georgia, Michigan, Tennessee, LSU, Alabama, TCU and Ole Miss would all march through the PAC12, without difficulty.

The rest of the nation sees this, and so does the CFP (who desperately wants a PAC12 team to rise up and give an argument to be in the CFP).  As it stands, USC is the lone hope for the PAC12, but I don't see USC winning out.

You'd think being wrong all the time would stop him from continuing to just make blanket, idiotic pronouncements, but never underestimate the power of the human spirit.

On 11/15/2022 at 11:28 AM, Orange said:

You'd think being wrong all the time would stop him from continuing to just make blanket, idiotic pronouncements, but never underestimate the power of the human spirit.

Wrong all the time?  You need to look again.  And for what it's worth, about 99% of the CFB fans across the country would agree with my statement.

On 11/16/2022 at 4:29 PM, HLB said:

Wrong all the time?  You need to look again.  And for what it's worth, about 99% of the CFB fans across the country would agree with my statement.

Another thing you get to be wrong about!  Unbroken streak!

Pac-12 has more AP- and CFB Playoff-ranked teams than any conference, but everybody would just "mArcH tHroUgh" the Pac-12, right?

On 11/17/2022 at 9:42 AM, Orange said:

Another thing you get to be wrong about!  Unbroken streak!

Pac-12 has more AP- and CFB Playoff-ranked teams than any conference, but everybody would just "mArcH tHroUgh" the Pac-12, right?

You're assuming that the pollsters are correct .... Furthermore, the polls you are pointing to are not the final polls.  Wait and see where everyone is in the final polls before boasting.

#23 Oregon State - not a real threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#17 Washington - not a real threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#16 UCLA - a good team.  Not a great team.  Not a threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#12 Oregon - we saw how they would matchup, in week one vs. Georgia.  Not a threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#10 Utah - we saw how they would matchup, in week one vs. the 9th best team in the SEC - Florida.  Overrated and not a threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#7 UC (soon to be #5) - overrated; defense isn't strong enough to beat any of the teams I just mentioned.  I look for ND to beat USC this weekend.

After this weekend, UCLA and Utah will drop.  USC and Oregon will slightly move up.  Oregon State and UW will remain close to where they currently are.

If you had an example where any of the PAC12 teams you reference, has registered a win against a top-tier OOC opponent, then perhaps I would put merit in your words.

But none of those teams you referenced have done so.  In contrast, when they have faced a quality 2022 OOC opponent, they've lost.

On 11/20/2022 at 10:42 AM, duckfandan said:

Yes, because you made a list and repeated the same claim multiple times, I am convinced.

Just like you believe on the repeated claims spoken on MSNBC, CNN and all of the other liberal media outlets.

On 11/20/2022 at 10:01 AM, HLB said:

You're assuming that the pollsters are correct .... Furthermore, the polls you are pointing to are not the final polls.  Wait and see where everyone is in the final polls before boasting.

#23 Oregon State - not a real threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#17 Washington - not a real threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#16 UCLA - a good team.  Not a great team.  Not a threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#12 Oregon - we saw how they would matchup, in week one vs. Georgia.  Not a threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#10 Utah - we saw how they would matchup, in week one vs. the 9th best team in the SEC - Florida.  Overrated and not a threat to beat any of the teams I mentioned.

#7 UC (soon to be #5) - overrated; defense isn't strong enough to beat any of the teams I just mentioned.  I look for ND to beat USC this weekend.

After this weekend, UCLA and Utah will drop.  USC and Oregon will slightly move up.  Oregon State and UW will remain close to where they currently are.

If you had an example where any of the PAC12 teams you reference, has registered a win against a top-tier OOC opponent, then perhaps I would put merit in your words.

But none of those teams you referenced have done so.  In contrast, when they have faced a quality 2022 OOC opponent, they've lost.

I see, so the rankings are wrong when they pick Pac-12 teams but not wrong when they rank SEC teams. Got it.  

You ever figure out who cheated trump out of the 2020 election?

Archived