Utah @ Oregon

utenation

A family member said maybe Lanning was playing 4D chess and everyone is fine and we’ll ride the emotional wave to the win and I got really hopeful for about thirty seconds until I remembered he used the exact same reasoning when he explained how Trump would arrest Biden at his inauguration.

On 11/17/2022 at 12:50 PM, Quack 12 said:

They shouldn't. I don't know what's happened with Ty, but he seems to have zero confidence and he plays like the proverbial deer in the headlights. And I've never seen Butterfield in an actual game.

On Monday, Lanning said he felt better about the "health of the team," but he didn't specifically reference Nix, other than saying something about his ankle. I've also seen some knee ligament rumors. Yesterday, Lanning said, "Bo is practicing as if he'll be ready to go," whatever that means.

I have a rare bachelor weekend coming up. It's just me and the dogs watching college football all day Saturday. I am very concerned that I won't be able maintain consciousness until 7:30 p.m.

drunk going down GIF by HULU

Why has Bo Nix done so well at Oregon when he struggled in the SEC?

On 11/20/2022 at 5:02 PM, Quack 12 said:

And once again, I'll ask you why Jayden Daniels is excelling in the SEC when he was average at best in the Pac-12?

You are skilled at false equivalency.

I answered your question:  Daniels is now on a team that has more talented players, on both sides of the ball, as well as a better coach.  Neither ASU's offense nor defense was as good as what Daniels has playing with him at LSU.

As for Bo (imo):  The SEC was more a bigger mountain to climb than what he has now.  As a follower of Auburn, he could never break the habit of running out of the pocket and making wild passes across his body, that generally were incomplete or intercepted.  When he completed a pass, it was pretty to watch.  But more times than not, he was under pressure from pass rushers and would not step up in the pocket.  He couldn't run away from defenders, because he didn't have the speed to get away from the rush.  He often made wild throws and was consistently inconsistent.  The habits he developed at Pinson High School were habits that didn't work in the SEC and he struggled.

On 11/20/2022 at 4:02 PM, Quack 12 said:

And once again, I'll ask you why Jayden Daniels is excelling in the SEC when he was average at best in the Pac-12?

You are skilled at false equivalency.

Pretty weird that an SEC fan spends so much time on a P12 board trying to prove the SEC is a better conference. 

He’s probably the only SEC fan on the planet that does this. The rest of them let the numbers do the talking. 

On 11/22/2022 at 1:58 AM, utenation said:

Pretty weird that an SEC fan spends so much time on a P12 board trying to prove the SEC is a better conference. 

He’s probably the only SEC fan on the planet that does this. The rest of them let the numbers do the talking. 

I wonder why he comes here. No one on the board likes him or finds any of his idiotic takes insightful or interesting. Would think he would get bored playing idiot douche bag, but I guess some folks just get off on that.

On 11/22/2022 at 12:21 PM, Mano said:

I wonder why he comes here. No one on the board likes him or finds any of his idiotic takes insightful or interesting. Would think he would get bored playing idiot douche bag, but I guess some folks just get off on that.

Classic narcissist. He gets really upset when people don’t acknowledge his correct weekly picks on this board. He’ll send everyone reminders until he gets a response.  He will answer sarcastic questions with literal answers. 

I’m pretty sure he is unaware that he’s 5 beers short of a six pack. It would go a million miles if he just admitted how stupid he is. Then people could approach him with honest kid gloves. 

On 11/22/2022 at 1:21 PM, Mano said:

I've come on here, every year, with truthful thoughts and replies.  I've even complemented teams, etc.  But no matter what I say, I've been called names, etc., which only makes me want to comment more.  If people on here treated me kindly and equally, you may find my replies to be more civil.

All of you are serving, I'm just returning volley.  If people on here don't like that, then I don't know what to say.

On 11/22/2022 at 3:29 PM, utenation said:

Classic narcissist.

Do you even know what a narcissist is?

He gets really upset when people don’t acknowledge his correct weekly picks on this board

Give me one example.  I can't think of a single time that I've gotten upset when people don't acknowledge my correct picks.  But what I get from you (and this is not the first time) is embellished statements that are completely inaccurate.

He will answer sarcastic questions with literal answers. 

What I've experience is literal anger and hostility - especially from you and @Orangewhen I render sarcastic posts

It would go a million miles if he just admitted how stupid he is.

Statements like this only give me reason a basis to show just how right I am.  And the fact is, I'm more accurate than you want to admit .... I'll give you an example my accuracy:  The PAC12 will not be represented in the CFP.  I'll go a step further, even in 2023 the PAC12 will not be represented in the CFP.

Then people could approach him with honest kid gloves. 

I don't think anyone has approached me with "adult gloves".  If so, then those are some soft gloves, because I haven't felt any heavy punches.

On 11/22/2022 at 2:58 AM, utenation said:

Let me see .... I don't spend all of my time trying to prove the SEC is better.  That's a known fact. 

Yet over the years, all I've heard from PAC12 fans are these excuses:

1.)  No one sees the PAC12 play because they are on the West Coast and everyone east of Colorado is asleep when the PAC12 plays, and the PAC12 doesn't get fair recognition .... That is a completely false narrative.

2.)  PAC12 plays 9 conference games, and risk losing more games .... The PAC12 plays more conference games, not because they have more guts and courage, but because OOC games often require cross country travel, and the cross-country travel has been determined to impact sleep and subsequently academics.  To combat this, the PAC12 leadership decided to play and extra conference game.  That's a fact.

3.)  SEC plays weak OOC opponents .... The PAC12, as a whole, plays a higher percentage of FCS opponents than the SEC, and more seasons than not, the PAC12 typically has at least two teams that don't face a P5 OOC opponent at all.  Furthermore, three SEC teams (Florida, Georgia and South Carolina) typically play two P5 OOC opponents most every year.

4.)  SEC teams won't travel West .... Actually, the SEC has traveled West as often as PAC12 teams have traveled to play SEC teams.

5.)  AP voters have bias for the SEC and purposely place SEC teams in the rankings to ensure that ranked SEC teams play ranked SEC teams to ensure that an SEC team (or two) makes the NCCG .... This concept is so flawed and beyond reasoning.  That concept ensures that 62 AP voters, from across the nation (even in PAC12 country) are somehow (according to those who subscribe to this theory) holding a secret conference call and discussing how they can ensure an SEC team (or two) can play for the NC.

These are just some of the ignorant concepts tossed about.

Archived