Unnamed Oregon vs Oregon State Rivalry Sporting Event

glduck

Bray, who has been phenomenal this year, is going to pick up right where Utah’s halftime adjustments left off; we’ll see what Oregon can do to counter, or if Nix is able to move any better with another week of rehab. I’m going 24-20, winning team TBD.

On 11/20/2022 at 11:24 AM, glduck said:

Bray, who has been phenomenal this year, is going to pick up right where Utah’s halftime adjustments left off; we’ll see what Oregon can do to counter, or if Nix is able to move any better with another week of rehab. I’m going 24-20, winning team TBD.

I'm predicting Oregon State to pull off the upset. 

Well, what’s the best case scenario there? It would be our bad punter actually gets the punt away (statistically unlikely today) and we net 30 yards, giving the ball back to an offense we can’t stop around midfield. Does it matter if it takes them 7 plays to score instead of 4? Nix just made the wrong read. If he hands it off instead of keeping it, it’s a first down.

On 11/26/2022 at 5:05 PM, glduck said:

Well, what’s the best case scenario there? It would be our bad punter actually gets the punt away (statistically unlikely today) and we net 30 yards, giving the ball back to an offense we can’t stop around midfield. Does it matter if it takes them 7 plays to score instead of 4? Nix just made the wrong read. If he hands it off instead of keeping it, it’s a first down.

Sure, making it more difficult on the opponent seems like the right idea but what do I know. If that's how they are making their decisions then I can see how they might make some bad ones.

On 11/26/2022 at 5:35 PM, trickydlck said:

Sure, making it more difficult on the opponent seems like the right idea but what do I know. If that's how they are making their decisions then I can see how they might make some bad ones.

It’s 2022, everyone goes for it on 4th, especially against your rival when you badly need a spark.    

Just so happens this OSU defense is among the best I’ve ever seen in program history.  

On 11/26/2022 at 5:56 PM, Orange said:

It’s 2022, everyone goes for it on 4th, especially against your rival when you badly need a spark.    

Just so happens this OSU defense is among the best I’ve ever seen in program history.  

Ah, got it. The only one I have seen do it when tied or with the lead late in the game has been the ducks. I must be missing out.

Archived