2022 PAC 12 Title Game

utenation

Opening line is USC -2. Most of the National talking heads have USC walking into the playoffs.

Utah is tough and gritty. I give USC a slight edge but I think our D is playing a bit better.  Our offense has fallen off a bit but against CU, Cam looked pretty healthy finally after he embarrassed himself at Oregon last week. Kincaid dinged his back at CU but he was all smiles on the sideline in the second half. I think he’s fine. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/30/2022 at 10:51 AM, Scscsc89 said:

We are so far ahead of where anyone expected us to be, I can handle another close loss.  The weird thing is that I could equally see us play our best game of the season or our worst. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I pegged USC to get around 8 wins this year with a first year coach with many new players.  Riley knows what he's doing, at least offensively. Look no further than OU's drop off this year.

If USC gets in the CFP, I fear that like many OU teams that made the playoff, USC's lack of defense will be truly exposed against teams like Georgia.

On 11/30/2022 at 6:38 PM, Orange said:

I cannot fucking believe this game is on a Friday night.  We really are the architects of our own national irrelevance.

This is an unfortunate Larry-legacy.  To give a view, last year's  SEC championsihip game (Alabama/Georgia) pulled 15.2 million viewers; The B1G (Michigan/Iowa) had 11.7 million viewers; and the Big-12 (Oklahoma St/Baylor) 8 million.  The Pac-12 (Utah/Oregon) only had 4.2 million viewers, but that still was better than the ACC (Wake/Pitt,) which had 2.6 million.  A surprise was the AAC (Cincy/Houston) which outdid the ACC with 3.4 million viewers, likely because Cincy was in the Playoff picture.

USC was picked to finish 3rd at PAC-12 Media Day and was projected to finish with 10.5 wins on the season. 

At this point USC is playing with house money and is way ahead of schedule in year 1 of CLR. I’ll be happy with either outcome on Friday but I’ll admit I’ll be a little happier with a win. 😉

On 12/1/2022 at 8:35 AM, Orange said:

All fucking day Saturday we could have pundits talking Utah/USC and how it fits in the playoff picture.

But no, we have to be fucking cute, instead of profitable.

Yeah, Friday blows. But I think ratings this year will be better. Utah will have a lot of Ohio State, Alabama and maybe Tennessee fans wearing Utah red Friday.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:42 AM, utenation said:

Yeah, Friday blows. But I think ratings this year will be better. Utah will have a lot of Ohio State, Alabama and maybe Tennessee fans wearing Utah red Friday.

Exactly, the fact that this year is so big is why I'm so pissed.  Should be a 5 PM Saturday kick.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:06 PM, glduck said:

Do we root for SC so the Pac-12 can represent in the CFP, or are we rooting for Utah because we’re petty bitches who are mad at SC for leaving us 

Honestly I’ve wondered what you guys think of this.  Obviously Utah fan(s) wants are a no brainer. 

On 12/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, MrBug708 said:

Pretty sure 9 other teams are rooting for Utah because of USC leaving the conference, while the 10th team is rooting for Utah because they are UCLA and really don't want to see anything good happen to USC.

8 other teams are rooting for Utah.  1 team hoping to get invited to the Rose Bowl is rooting for USC.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:08 PM, Scscsc89 said:

I don’t like that the teams have to prepare on a short week for their biggest game, but I’m personally fine not having to wait another excruciatingly long day.

I wonder what impact if any will USC playing an intense game vs ND while Utah having a SEC-like late season FCS scrimmage vs Colorado have on the game.

Archived