2022 PAC 12 Title Game

utenation

On 12/1/2022 at 6:48 PM, win2bfree said:

I wonder what impact if any will USC playing an intense game vs ND while Utah having a SEC-like late season FCS scrimmage vs Colorado have on the game.

Speaking of CU. What ever happened to Jalapeño or PAC MAN, whatever he calls himself these days?  Did 11 years of failure in football finally become too much for him?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/1/2022 at 5:06 PM, glduck said:

Do we root for SC so the Pac-12 can represent in the CFP, or are we rooting for Utah because we’re petty bitches who are mad at SC for leaving us 

I'd like every team to move up in the bowl pick lottery, but being a petty bitch is always tempting...

On 11/30/2022 at 11:51 AM, Scscsc89 said:

We are so far ahead of where anyone expected us to be,

Really?

In week one I went on these threads and predicted USC to go undefeated, win every game by double digits, and make the CFP (you can look it up).

I haven't been that far off.

USC has one of the best 5 coaches in CFB.  He brought in talent from OU (particularly Williams) and anyone who was paying attention could have seen that USC was going to be much improved.  I don't see how others did not see this coming.

And Lincoln Riley is just getting warmed up.  He will recruit strong and build the defense.  With Riley, USC will be as close to the Pete Carroll years as they can get.  The question is going to be, "How will they fit in the B1G, where they will face tOSU, Michigan, and etc. on a regular basis?

I'm predicting a USC win, in the PAC12 Championship Game.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:03 PM, utenation said:

I pegged USC to get around 8 wins this year

If you go back and look, I said in week one that USC would go undefeated, win every game by double digits and make the CFP.

I haven't been that far off.  I don't know how anyone couldn't have seen that Riley was going to bring something to USC that Trojan fans haven't seen since the Pete Carroll days.

He brought in key players from OU and built a quality defense.  Give him time to build the defense.

And the OU drop off can be contributed to the number of players that left OU after Riley left.  Several key players (like Williams) followed Riley to USC.  In many ways (particularly on offense) USC is "OU West".

On 11/30/2022 at 5:38 PM, Orange said:

We really are the architects of our own national irrelevance.

While I haven't used those exact words (very accurate words, I might add), I've been saying this for several years.  The PAC12's plan to play games on Friday nights, thinking they will garner a national audience, is shallow and inaccurate thinking.

For me, I'm going to the state HS 5A Championship game tonight.  I'll follow on my phone, but that's about it.  As I've said before, people east of Colorado are not tuning in to PAC12 football on Friday night.  They are at their local HS games, traveling to where their college team is playing, or engaged in some other form of local entertainment.  The PAC12's concept of playing on Friday nights has been a laughable concept, since day one.

On 11/30/2022 at 11:46 PM, Trojan209 said:

USC was picked to finish 3rd at PAC-12 Media Day and was projected to finish with 10.5 wins on the season. 

At this point USC is playing with house money and is way ahead of schedule in year 1 of CLR. I’ll be happy with either outcome on Friday but I’ll admit I’ll be a little happier with a win. 😉

They should have listened to me, in week one.

I'll go ahead and tell you - USC is going to be even better in 2023.  And again, USC will win the PAC and make the playoffs.  I haven't looked at their schedule, but I'm projecting an undefeated season, in 2023.

On 12/2/2022 at 4:28 PM, HLB said:

In week one I went on these threads and predicted USC to go undefeated, win every game by double digits, and make the CFP (you can look it up).

Really? Not far off? You were only wrong in 5 of their games with your stupid predictions. I guess that's close? LMAO. You picked USC to win by 17 points in SLC.  Showing once again, you have no idea how this conference works.

But again, congrats on getting just above 50% on your USC predictions.  Maybe D's and F's are considered success in your household.

On 12/2/2022 at 3:28 PM, HLB said:

Really?

USC has one of the best 5 coaches in CFB.  He brought in talent from OU (particularly Williams) and anyone who was paying attention could have seen that USC was going to be much improved.  I don't see how others did not see this coming.

And Lincoln Riley is just getting warmed up.  He will recruit strong and build the defense.  With Riley, USC will be as close to the Pete Carroll years as they can get.  The question is going to be, "How will they fit in the B1G, where they will face tOSU, Michigan, and etc. on a regular basis?

I'm predicting a USC win, in the PAC12 Championship Game.

He meant ”anyone” who is sane.   Even Hitler occasionally whipped out a solid painting.   

On 12/2/2022 at 3:37 PM, HLB said:

While I haven't used those exact words (very accurate words, I might add), I've been saying this for several years.  The PAC12's plan to play games on Friday nights, thinking they will garner a national audience, is shallow and inaccurate thinking.

For me, I'm going to the state HS 5A Championship game tonight.  I'll follow on my phone, but that's about it.  As I've said before, people east of Colorado are not tuning in to PAC12 football on Friday night.  They are at their local HS games, traveling to where their college team is playing, or engaged in some other form of local entertainment.  The PAC12's concept of playing on Friday nights has been a laughable concept, since day one.

I think you REALLY overestimate the high school game attendance by non-kids/and-or/sorry middle-aged losers.    

Archived