2022 PAC 12 Title Game

utenation

On 12/3/2022 at 2:26 AM, Mano said:

What a great game. USC dominated the first quarter again,and I thought the Utes were done. Remarkable comeback,  stadium was as loud as I have ever heard for both teams. I sat in a section that was almost all USC fans, and they were all very good sports, both when winning and when they fell behind. Really sucks that they are leaving the conference just when we seemed to be building a little bit of a rivalry. Excited to see who the Utes will be facing in the Rose, hopefully they can pull it off this year. 

Now that Ohio State and Michigan will be going to the CFP, Penn State looks to be the team that Utah will play in the Rose Bowl.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2022 at 1:20 AM, utenation said:

Lol. Poor @HLB. A day late and a dollar short. 

Predicted 13-0 and a CFP appearance for USC.

Finished 11-2.  Not far off.  Where was your pick?  Oh, that's right, you're too scared to make predictions.  You'd rather sit in your mother's basement and criticize those who make predictions.

Although you did project them to win 8 games on the season.  If I'm a day late and a dollar short, you're a couple of years late and in bankruptcy.

That being said, I could care less if my overall prediction is right or wrong.  For me, it's all in fun.

How many "experts" across the country correctly had USC finishing 11-2?  Most of them had USC finishing 3rd or 4th in the PAC12.  Looks like my prediction was better than the experts (and yours).  

On 12/3/2022 at 12:59 AM, Trojan209 said:

Sounds like Williams got injured, too bad, but it's a part of the game. My dad is slowly passing from battling cancer for the last year and a half so I didn't get to watch the game. I had planned to attend but he got worse quickly. 

Congrats Utes! Interested to see who you guys get matched up with in the Rose Bowl and where USC ends up. 

Sorry to hear about your dad.  My dad is in a nursing home and slowly declining, with memory loss and a multitude of things that happen at 97 years of age.  Bless you and your family.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:55 PM, utenation said:

This is a different game if Williams doesn’t get hurt.

So, you want to "gloat" about my preseason prediction of USC going 13-0, winning the PAC12 and making a CFP appearance as being inaccurate; calling my predictions as only 50% correct, when in fact you acknowledge that the outcome of this game could have been different if Williams doesn't get hurt.

In fact, if Williams doesn't get hurt, USC probably wins, finishes 12-1, with a PAC12 Championship, and an appearance in the CFP.

Thank you for acknowledging just how close my preseason prediction was. 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:30 PM, Orange said:

@HLB no doubt on his way back to take responsibility for his shitty game-day/season-long pick of the Trojans.  

Where was your preseason and game day picks?

I predicted 13-0, PAC12 championship and a CFP appearance.

Friday night, a torn hammy on Williams prevented USC from finishing 12-1, PAC12 Champions and in the CFP.  I wouldn't call my preseason predictions "shitty".  If anything, my preseason projection was closer than anyone else on these threads, many of whom didn't see USC winning more than 8 games, and better than most national "experts".

On 12/3/2022 at 1:59 AM, HLB said:

So let me see .... I predicted 13-0 and a CFP appearance.  They finished 11-2.  That's a good bit higher than 50%.  Where did you learn math?

So how does missing a pick equate to not knowing how a conference works?  Because odds makers miss picks all the time - does that mean they don't know how a conference works?  Or the NFL?  Or MLB?  Or NHL?  Or "any sport, conference or league"?

Here's what I now about "how this conference works".  Annually, this conference struggles to beat top tier teams from other conferences, and subsequently, proves themselves to be inferior to other conferences.  Look no further than the fact that your Utah Utes (the PAC12 champions, could get past a non-top-tier SEC opponent, in Florida, who finished 6-6, 3-5, and tied as the 9th best team in the SEC.

And last, several of my picks - particularly those involving Utah - were made with tongue-in-cheek and loaded with sarcasm, simply because I knew that they would make your dick hard with anger, and just to watch you explode.  But you're too stupid to recognize when I was doing that.

Congrats on the PAC12 Conference win.  It was well earned, and a complete beatdown of USC.  Utah has two exceptional TE's.

Maybe next year they can beat Florida in SLC, or Baylor in Waco, TX.

But I wouldn't bet on it.

Why don’t you go back and read the quote I posted? You said double digits too numbnuts. Btw, great job with your pick for last night. That makes 6 wrong picks this year for USC. 

Tell us again how USC is going to the playoffs and how USC will beat Utah in SLC this year by 17 points.

You are dumber than a box of rocks. 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:59 PM, Trojan209 said:

Sounds like Williams got injured, too bad, but it's a part of the game. My dad is slowly passing from battling cancer for the last year and a half so I didn't get to watch the game. I had planned to attend but he got worse quickly. 

Congrats Utes! Interested to see who you guys get matched up with in the Rose Bowl and where USC ends up. 

Sorry about your pops. About to go down that road with my father in law it seems.  

On 12/3/2022 at 1:20 AM, HLB said:

Where was your preseason and game day picks?

I predicted 13-0, PAC12 championship and a CFP appearance.

Friday night, a torn hammy on Williams prevented USC from finishing 12-1, PAC12 Champions and in the CFP.  I wouldn't call my preseason predictions "shitty".  If anything, my preseason projection was closer than anyone else on these threads, many of whom didn't see USC winning more than 8 games, and better than most national "experts".

Bitch, if you’re gonna spend years calling our conference soft and come out hot with “USC will go undefeated, winning all games by double digits” then eat your fucking crow when you’re wrong.  Goddamn, your dad must’ve checked himself into the old folks home to avoid you. 

On 12/3/2022 at 7:51 AM, utenation said:

Why don’t you go back and read the quote I posted? You said double digits too numbnuts. Btw, great job with your pick for last night. That makes 6 wrong picks this year for USC. 

Tell us again how USC is going to the playoffs and how USC will beat Utah in SLC this year by 17 points.

You are dumber than a box of rocks. 

I think Utes might’ve pulled it out even with Williams at full strength.  Cam Rising was playing with his hair on fire and Utah’s D was looking like the beavs out there!  😉

On 12/3/2022 at 9:29 AM, Orange said:

I think Utes might’ve pulled it out even with Williams at full strength.  Cam Rising was playing with his hair on fire and Utah’s D was looking like the beavs out there!  😉

Like I said in my original post, Cam needed to have another great game for Utah to win. I picked USC to edge us out because of Caleb’s Superman cape. Once he was hobbled, all bets were off and we won going away. 

I’m sorry I canst see wee.  Five weeks after attack.  Los 20 pound, to 168.  Not obese anymore Org.  New amunition.  I’m having trouble staying hydrated. As a consequence, I have a light hededness that approaches loss of consciousness when I get up to go to the restroom or let the dogs out for other such very small tasks.  Fallen a couple of times, once on my head. A mont ago was walking 5 miles a day.  Now can’t be safe walking acrosss small rooms.

also haleucinating.  My nephew took me to the doctor the other day as he and the doctor were talking my nephew handed me a set of keys and a four page document. I looked at the document as the prayer to be from the 1980s showing that my sister and my brother-in-law, my nephews father have set up companies in Eastern Washington, where they were stealing from me. The keys were from one of the buildings. 
I looked at it for a few minutes, and during a break in the discussion, I asked for an estimate if he had seen it, and he said yes to Dr.just gave it.  It was a description of some of the drugs. I will be taking side effects, etc. I looked at it again sute thing it was.

I asked him about the keys and he told me they were my car keys that I had just given to him.  While we were waiting in the waiting room, I was trying to show my nephew how to move 20 or $30,000 through tonhis mothers account if I should going to the hospital and things look bad bUt no probate yet.  He told me to stop he couldn’t do that yet.  Worried about my sister I pressed on with usernames , passwords auto pays etc  he listened for a few then took my hand and said stop, dripped  his head.  He said he couldn’t deal with that right now. He said I was like his dad and he couldn’t deal with those things or remember those things right now, so we sat in silence waiting for the nurse to call my name. I was so glad he was with me.

Archived