2022 Bowls

Scscsc89

Our bowl situation might get quirky. We had three quarterbacks on scholarship; QB3 has already jumped into the portal. QB2 is expected to follow at any time. Which leaves Bo Nix who, if he in fact plans on entering the draft, will almost certainly opt out of the bowl.

🤷‍♂️

On 12/3/2022 at 3:19 PM, Orange said:

Can’t wait for the 2024 playoff year.  It’ll do nothing but make cfb postseason watchable.   

Until year-after-year you have two or three SEC teams in the Final Four.

If they had the 12-team format this year, I believe UGA, BAMA and maybe Tennessee would make the Final Four.  Tennessee would be iffy because they lost their starting QB and would be relying on their backup QB.

Also, in 2024, USC and UCLA won't be in the PAC12 anymore.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:47 PM, HLB said:

Until year-after-year you have two or three SEC teams in the Final Four.

If they had the 12-team format this year, I believe UGA, BAMA and maybe Tennessee would make the Final Four.  Tennessee would be iffy because they lost their starting QB and would be relying on their backup QB.

Also, in 2024, USC and UCLA won't be in the PAC12 anymore.

Who fucken cares what you think.  SEC isn't dominating ANY other sport with a playoff.  Pound sand, bitch.

WSU vs Fresno: Slight edge to Fresno.  Tedford is a good coach and FSU is more gritty IMO. They are playing well right now with their QB back and healthy. L. A great game by Ward can change all of this. 

OSU vs Florida: Florida looked unstoppable against us. We fucked that game up. Florida is still very inconsistent.  OSU is a bulldog and very consistent lately. W. Florida is loaded with 4 and 5 star talent. 

Oregon vs UNC: Oregon is a better team. Both teams have great QB's. Oregon by 7-10. W

Washington vs Texas:  Torn on this one. Texas is all over the place this year. UW finished strong. Line favors UT a bit. But I'll homer is up for UW. Penix is a badass and good news, he's returning to Washington next year. W

UCLA vs Pitt: DTR faces former USC man Slovis. UCLA is a better team and DTR is much more efficient. Pitt finished strong but against mostly terrible teams.  I think UCLA will be fired up to prove their year wasn't a fluke. W

USC vs Tulane: Riley said a month away might allow Williams to be ready. I have no idea how good SC's back up is but a month should be plenty of time to get him ready. If Williams is good to go at close to full health, should be a 10-14 point win.  If no Williams, I still think USC but close. W

Utah vs Penn State: I love this match up. Power. Good defenses.  Utah slightly favored. I'll homer it up with Utah. We are due to win the Rose Bowl. W

Full disclosure, these picks are pretty homerish but I think we have a good conference this year.  6-1.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:45 PM, utenation said:

WSU vs Fresno: Slight edge to Fresno.  Tedford is a good coach and FSU is more gritty IMO. They are playing well right now with their QB back and healthy. L. A great game by Ward can change all of this. 

OSU vs Florida: Florida looked unstoppable against us. We fucked that game up. Florida is still very inconsistent.  OSU is a bulldog and very consistent lately. W. Florida is loaded with 4 and 5 star talent. 

Oregon vs UNC: Oregon is a better team. Both teams have great QB's. Oregon by 7-10. W

Washington vs Texas:  Torn on this one. Texas is all over the place this year. UW finished strong. Line favors UT a bit. But I'll homer is up for UW. Penix is a badass and good news, he's returning to Washington next year. W

UCLA vs Pitt: DTR faces former USC man Slovis. UCLA is a better team and DTR is much more efficient. Pitt finished strong but against mostly terrible teams.  I think UCLA will be fired up to prove their year wasn't a fluke. W

USC vs Tulane: Riley said a month away might allow Williams to be ready. I have no idea how good SC's back up is but a month should be plenty of time to get him ready. If Williams is good to go at close to full health, should be a 10-14 point win.  If no Williams, I still think USC but close. W

Utah vs Penn State: I love this match up. Power. good defenses.  Utah slightly favored. I'll homer it up with Utah. We are due to win the Rose Bowl. W

Full disclosure, these picks are pretty homerish but I think we have a good conference this year.  6-1.

I like the Pac's chances in all the game, but will depend on who plays in the bowl games. I don't think Oregon wins if Nix sits, same with Washington and Penix, UCLA with DTR and USC with Williams. Several other key players that could swing the games one way or the other depending on if they play and/or are healthy.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:01 PM, Mano said:

I like the Pac's chances in all the game, but will depend on who plays in the bowl games. I don't think Oregon wins if Nix sits, same with Washington and Penix, UCLA with DTR and USC with Williams. Several other key players that could swing the games one way or the other depending on if they play and/or are healthy.

Agree. The flip side to the coin is who sits out for our opponents.

Slovis already put his name in the portal. I'm not sure if DTR plays or not. I think he should, but he might just be ready to move on and work out for.the draft. One more game isn't going to do anything, though I assume he might want one bowl game to experience after COVID ruined the last two seasons.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:11 PM, MrBug708 said:

Slovis already put his name in the portal. I'm not sure if DTR plays or not. I think he should, but he might just be ready to move on and work out for.the draft. One more game isn't going to do anything, though I assume he might want one bowl game to experience after COVID ruined the last two seasons.

For DTR, just don't know how excited he will be to play in Sun Bowl. I would guess he would be more likely to play if it were a higher profile bowl.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:11 PM, MrBug708 said:

You know DTR much better than I do. I just think that guy is the ultimate competitor and would want to go out with a win.