2022 Bowls

Scscsc89

On 12/5/2022 at 2:45 PM, utenation said:

WSU vs Fresno: Slight edge to Fresno.  Tedford is a good coach and FSU is more gritty IMO. They are playing well right now with their QB back and healthy. L. A great game by Ward can change all of this. 

OSU vs Florida: Florida looked unstoppable against us. We fucked that game up. Florida is still very inconsistent.  OSU is a bulldog and very consistent lately. W. Florida is loaded with 4 and 5 star talent. 

Oregon vs UNC: Oregon is a better team. Both teams have great QB's. Oregon by 7-10. W

Washington vs Texas:  Torn on this one. Texas is all over the place this year. UW finished strong. Line favors UT a bit. But I'll homer is up for UW. Penix is a badass and good news, he's returning to Washington next year. W

UCLA vs Pitt: DTR faces former USC man Slovis. UCLA is a better team and DTR is much more efficient. Pitt finished strong but against mostly terrible teams.  I think UCLA will be fired up to prove their year wasn't a fluke. W

USC vs Tulane: Riley said a month away might allow Williams to be ready. I have no idea how good SC's back up is but a month should be plenty of time to get him ready. If Williams is good to go at close to full health, should be a 10-14 point win.  If no Williams, I still think USC but close. W

Utah vs Penn State: I love this match up. Power. Good defenses.  Utah slightly favored. I'll homer it up with Utah. We are due to win the Rose Bowl. W

Full disclosure, these picks are pretty homerish but I think we have a good conference this year.  6-1.

I'm flattered.  You used my format to list your picks.

Secondly, while accusing me of being an SEC homer, you've obviously proven that you are a PAC12 homer.  Why is it okay for you to be a homer for a conference, but not okay for someone else to be a homer for another conference?

All that being said .... Here are my thoughts and picks on the PAC12's Bowl season.

1.  The PAC12 has some of really good matchups and games this bowl season.  I think - with the exception of USC - that every game is a great game and matchup.  Their games will be fun to watch.

2.  I think it's great that you have finally made some picks.  

3.  Here are my picks:

WSU vs Fresno: I think WSU wins this game.  Overall, I think they are a slightly better team.  WSU (27-23) 

OSU vs Florida:  The starting QB for Florida will be someone with little-to-no game experience.  Richardson opted out, the backup QB is going to prison, and no one else has any meaningful snaps as Florida's QB.  Florida is a bit out of sinc right now, and I think OSU will win this game.  OSU (34-20).

Oregon vs UNC:  Great matchup.  And I'm not so sure that Oregon is the better team.  I'll take UNC in this game.  UNC (41-37)

Washington vs Texas:  Another fantastic pairing.  Washington has had some great performances, and some questionable performances.  Texas has also had some inconsistency.  But Texas is trending up.  I think Texas wins this game.  Texas (29-23)

UCLA vs Pitt: Slovis is opting out and transferring (again).  Not sure who will lead the Pitt offense.  A loss by UCLA would look bad, after the season they had.  All things considered I'll take UCLA.  UCLA (34-19).

USC vs Tulane:  Tulane should not win this game.  But Tulane will not be afraid to take on USC.  Expect a good fight from Tulane who can put up some points.  But expect USC to win.  USC (39-31).

Utah vs Penn State:  This is another good pairing.  But I think PSU is the stronger team.  I'll take PSU to win the Rose Bowl.  PSU (37-29).

4.  Enjoy the games!

On 12/16/2022 at 5:47 PM, HLB said:

Secondly, while accusing me of being an SEC homer, you've obviously proven that you are a PAC12 homer.  Why is it okay for you to be a homer for a conference, but not okay for someone else to be a homer for another conference?

Hey Dummy. Nobody calls you out for being a homer. People here call you out because you are a moron that is here to do nothing but troll and "educate" a P12 board as an SEC Homer. We just don't understand why the football gods have graced us with your appearance on this board. Why us? And I'm a P12 homer on a P12 board? No way..........

I offered to pay you to leave. That offer still stands. Name your price.

Nobody here gives a shit about your bowl picks.

On 12/16/2022 at 2:56 PM, Quack 12 said:

I was more than a little drunk when I posted that,, but yeah, I guess I was off put by the sort of "little guy" attitude.

My apologies. I'll try to avoid posting in a stupor going forward. 😬

No worries brother. I wasn't offended. No need to apologize. Utah fans and our teams are very happy to be in the P12/10.

On 12/16/2022 at 4:47 PM, HLB said:

Washington vs Texas:  Another fantastic pairing.  Washington has had some great performances, and some questionable performances.  Texas has also had some inconsistency.  But Texas is trending up.  I think Texas wins this game.  Texas (29-23)

Of the two teams, curious as to how Texas is the one that is considered to be "trending up"

On 12/17/2022 at 10:57 AM, Mano said:

Consider the source.

One good thing is. Every time he picks Utah to get blown out, we win and win convincingly in some games.  He’s our lucky charm. 

He’s like the clueless guy that picks all name brands on his bracket for the NCAA big dance. When you don’t understand the game, you have to roll the best way you can. 

On 12/17/2022 at 10:20 AM, trickydlck said:

Of the two teams, curious as to how Texas is the one that is considered to be "trending up"

Lol. Washington is terrible. 6 wins in a row including 2 wins on the road against your rivals, with Oregon being highly ranked.  WSU was a blowout. 

Texas is trending much better, with 2 losses in their last 6. One of those being against a very average at best OSU club. 

I trust HLB’s knowledge though. Much more than the real stats. 

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 11:06 AM, utenation said:

Lol. Washington is terrible. 6 wins in a row including 2 wins on the road against your rivals, with Oregon being highly ranked.  WSU was a blowout. 

Texas is trending much better, with 2 losses in their last 6. One of those being against a very average at best OSU club. 

I trust HLB’s knowledge though. Much more than the real stats. 

To be fair - In the last 5 games Texas has managed to go from ranked #20 to be ranked #20. UW has gone from unranked to #12. When you look at it through that lens his perspective makes a lot more sense 😕

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:17 PM, trickydlck said:

To be fair - In the last 5 games Texas has managed to go from ranked #20 to be ranked #20. UW has gone from unranked to #12. When you look at it through that lens his perspective makes a lot more sense 😕

Well, Texas is a soon to be SEC school. That trumps all facts, logic, results and common sense of what you just said. 

Just ask HLB. He will tell you all about it. 

On 12/17/2022 at 2:01 PM, Orange said:

Pat Mcafee replacing Corso on Gameday has my thumbs up. Dude’s hilarious.  

Think he knows how to party?   ESPN has been slowly trying to put Corso out to pasture. He’s just not fit anymore. Go retire on top Lee. 

Martinez out. Doesn’t seem to be slowing down your run game.