2022 Bowls

Scscsc89

On 12/18/2022 at 12:08 PM, row Z said:

Congrats, Beavs. You controlled that game from start to finish. Was really hoping you would get the shutout … almost. 

I get some measure of comfort from the fact that they were so desperate to cling to that streak they didn’t care that they looked sad and pathetic by kicking that FG.  

On 12/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, utenation said:

You have to remember. HLB doesn’t know anything or anyone on ANY P12 Rosters. He has no idea who is or isn’t playing this year. 

But he did watch Sports Center once and knows who Caleb Williams is.  And he knew USC would go undefeated and beat everyone by double digits. He told us it’s because the P12 finally hired a real coach. 

Found @HLB’s book!

C65B0827-5969-415C-8B09-6F99EAA497B2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/18/2022 at 3:25 PM, Orange said:

Found @HLB’s book!

C65B0827-5969-415C-8B09-6F99EAA497B2.jpeg

Any idea what page Bo Nix was a complete bust in the SEC but did well in a shitty league like the P12 is on? 

@Quack 12any idea why @HLBleft out the story of Jayden Daniels being below average at ASU but doing much better at LSU?  Doing things like rushing for a end of game TD and throwing a game winning 2 point conversion to beat Bama?

On 12/18/2022 at 6:10 PM, utenation said:

@Quack 12any idea why @HLBleft out the story of Jayden Daniels being below average at ASU but doing much better at LSU?  Doing things like rushing for a end of game TD and throwing a game winning 2 point conversion to beat Bama?

He did answer eventually, but quoted another poster so I didn't see it for awhile. Something about more talent around him and he wasn't that great anyway. In other words, he just dodged it.

On 12/18/2022 at 8:46 PM, Quack 12 said:

He did answer eventually, but quoted another poster so I didn't see it for awhile. Something about more talent around him and he wasn't that great anyway. In other words, he just dodged it.

Just kinda odd that suddenly Bo became an ace with crappy talent around him at Oregon compared to sucking balls with elite SEC talent. 

This one should definitely be in his book. 

B020F8BB-F31C-4622-946F-A9052CD7E539.gif

On 12/18/2022 at 7:47 PM, Quack 12 said:

Congrats to the Beavs. Back in the Tebow days, I used to dream of playing those guys, hated them. It was nice to live vicariously through Oregon State's success.

That was one pasty shadow of a Tebow team, but a 30-3 beatdown was fun to watch regardless.

• Haha 1

On 12/19/2022 at 8:59 AM, Orange said:

Joke's on you, he doesn't know what any of those words mean.

I need a flow chart. I can’t keep track of all his fuck ups exposed on a this thread alone. 

Texas, Washington, Oregon State, Oregon, Florida, Bo Nix, Jayden Daniels, Undefeated USCs with real coaches headed to the playoffs, Utah, ASU, LSU beating Bama, transfer portal stars. On and on. 

On 12/17/2022 at 2:50 PM, HLB said:

Texas' 2022 recruiting class came in at #5.  Washington's recruiting class came in at #94.

Texas' 2023 recruiting class sits at #5.  Washington's recruiting class sits at #19.

In the 2022 transfer portal rankings, Texas came in at #5, including the #1 QB, while UW is at #25.

Texas also has the #1 QB in the nation coming in, in the 2023 class.

And last, I never said that UW wasn't improving, but I think (and it's just my opinion - you don't have to agree with it) Texas is a year or two from making an impact on the national scene.  UW (IMO) is not trending towards being an impact on the national scene of CFB.

No one said you had to agree.  It's just my opinion in making my pick for the game.

Texas is going from #5 in the recruiting rankings to #5 (possibly) in recruiting rankings as well as they have the #1 QB possibly coming in and those are the "trends" you're basing your prediction on?

giphy.gif

Don't care who you pick, just futilely attempting to decipher the reasoning.

On 12/20/2022 at 5:41 PM, trickydlck said:

Texas is going from #5 in the recruiting rankings to #5 (possibly) in recruiting rankings as well as they have the #1 QB possibly coming in and those are the "trends" you're basing your prediction on?

giphy.gif

Don't care who you pick, just futilely attempting to decipher the reasoning.

Don't you understand the logic of how next years recruiting class means that they win a bowl game this year?

• Confused 1

Yeah the offense just hasn’t been the same since the 4th quarter of the Washington game. Not having Dilly tonight was also huge. Several weird/bad decisions in situations that were pretty automatic all season. Lucky Nix caught fire when he did. I’m happy for Oregon native Chase Cota, catching the GW in your final game is pretty cool.