2022 Bowls

Scscsc89

On 12/5/2022 at 2:45 PM, utenation said:

WSU vs Fresno: Slight edge to Fresno.  Tedford is a good coach and FSU is more gritty IMO. They are playing well right now with their QB back and healthy. L. A great game by Ward can change all of this.   A HIT for you! For me, a MISS!  I expected more from Wazzu.  But I should have known better; Fresno State wins, more often that loses, versus PAC12 opponents.

OSU vs Florida: Florida looked unstoppable against us. We fucked that game up. Florida is still very inconsistent.  OSU is a bulldog and very consistent lately. W. Florida is loaded with 4 and 5 star talent.  We both HIT on this one.  With players opting out, Florida was a shadow of the team that played Utah.  This was a no brainer.

Oregon vs UNC: Oregon is a better team. Both teams have great QB's. Oregon by 7-10. W You were quick to say that Oregon was a better team that UNC.  I think this game showed that UNC was equally as good.  UNC QB did not have one of his better games, while Oregon got both "good" Bo and "bad" Bo in this game.  Fortunately for Oregon, "good" Bo showed up in the final 5 minutes of the game, and pulled out the victory.  A HIT! for you, an a MISS for me.

Washington vs Texas:  Torn on this one. Texas is all over the place this year. UW finished strong. Line favors UT a bit. But I'll homer is up for UW. Penix is a badass and good news, he's returning to Washington next year. I thought Texas would pull off the win, giving that they seem to have a fair amount of young talent that is eager to win.  But Washington proved to be the more experienced team, while Texas' youth and inexperience showed.  With back-to-back strong recruiting classes, Texas is heading in a positive direction.  I think they will be a very strong team, in two years.  A HIT! for you and another MISS for me.

UCLA vs Pitt: DTR faces former USC man Slovis. UCLA is a better team and DTR is much more efficient. Pitt finished strong but against mostly terrible teams.  I think UCLA will be fired up to prove their year wasn't a fluke. W Looks like you over valued UCLA, and under evaluated Pitt.  A MISS! for you and a HIT! for me.

USC vs Tulane: Riley said a month away might allow Williams to be ready. I have no idea how good SC's back up is but a month should be plenty of time to get him ready. If Williams is good to go at close to full health, should be a 10-14 point win.  If no Williams, I still think USC but close. W  Ooops!  We both MISSED on this one, but we both recognized that Tulane was a strong team that didn't need to be taken lightly.

Utah vs Penn State: I love this match up. Power. Good defenses.  Utah slightly favored. I'll homer it up with Utah. We are due to win the Rose Bowl. Looks like Utah is still due to win a Rose Bowl.  Just not this year.  Another under evaluation of a team, on your part, and an accurate evaluation on my part.  A MISS! by you and a HIT! by me.

You were 4-3.  I was 3-4.  The PAC12 was 3-4, with two losses to G5 opponents, with their two best teams falling to a G5 opponent and their best team showing that the conference still doesn't matchup with the upper echelon from other P5 conferences.

Congratulations on putting your picks out there for all to see.  So let's see how we did .... See above in RED.

On 1/11/2023 at 3:02 PM, HLB said:

Congratulations on putting your picks out there for all to see.  So let's see how we did .... See above in RED.

The Pac-12 has 6 teams in the final top-25 poll.  We very obviously "matchup [sic] with the upper echelon from other P5 conferences."

On 1/10/2023 at 4:16 PM, Orange said:

Being a TCU fan must suck.  Inarguably, it's the best football season they've had in their entire lives, yet it will forever be associated with abject, humiliating failure.

Kinda happy with our tidy Vegas Bowl win.

And yet they were better than every PAC12 team.

And congratulations on your tidy Vegas Bowl win.  Best OSU team that I've seen in a long time.  And if beating up on a Florida team, where nearly every significant member of the team opted out for one reason or another, in a lower-level bowl gets you excited, then good for you.

On 1/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, Orange said:

The Pac-12 has 6 teams in the final top-25 poll.  We very obviously "matchup [sic] with the upper echelon from other P5 conferences."

Outside of the Top-4, it's an opinion poll.  No way that Washington is a Top-10 team, ahead of Utah and USC.

The SEC has 6 teams in the final top-25, with three in the top 6 (and I don't think teams 2, 3 and 4 are better than BAMA, Tennessee or LSU.

The B1G had three in the top 7.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:51 PM, HLB said:

And yet they were better than every PAC12 team.

And congratulations on your tidy Vegas Bowl win.  Best OSU team that I've seen in a long time.  And if beating up on a Florida team, where nearly every significant member of the team opted out for one reason or another, in a lower-level bowl gets you excited, then good for you.

lol, you're such a sniveling cunt.

On 1/11/2023 at 5:02 PM, HLB said:

Outside of the Top-4, it's an opinion poll.  No way that Washington is a Top-10 team, ahead of Utah and USC.

The SEC has 6 teams in the final top-25, with three in the top 6 (and I don't think teams 2, 3 and 4 are better than BAMA, Tennessee or LSU.

The B1G had three in the top 7.

The SEC and the B1G each have 14 teams to our 12.  B1G and Pac lead the way with 50% in the top 25, SEC lags back with 42%.  Sad!

And funny how it's only an "opinion" poll when the Pac is ranked highly, but it's irrefutable proof of greatness when the SEC is ranked highly.  Your bias is funny enough on its own, but your  braindead obliviousness to your own bias is hilarious.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:59 AM, Orange said:

The SEC and the B1G each have 14 teams to our 12.  B1G and Pac lead the way with 50% in the top 25, SEC lags back with 42%.  Sad!

And funny how it's only an "opinion" poll when the Pac is ranked highly, but it's irrefutable proof of greatness when the SEC is ranked highly.  Your bias is funny enough on its own, but your  braindead obliviousness to your own bias is hilarious.

Your approach is all wrong. It’s all about your recruiting class ranking. Texas by far will be the best football program in 2023 at least according to the resident criticality acclaimed author that has written several books on college athletics. He’s also a keynote speaker advising Presidents and ADs at leadership conferences around the country. 

I was told( along with Washington fans) that just the idea of the Manning kid coming in as a recruit will dwarf any results on the field by other teams in 2023. Now that they will be an SEC outfit soon, that alone is worth 5 wins. 

HLB is also correct by saying after the top 4, it’s just worthless opinions. Especially if the PAC has 6 teams ranked. 

From now on, it’s all about recruiting rankings for me and teams “trending up”. The polls and game results are fucking worthless. I’ve learned my lesson. 

• Haha 3

• 9 months later...
On 12/17/2022 at 11:20 AM, trickydlck said:

Of the two teams, curious as to how Texas is the one that is considered to be "trending up"

Before last year's bowl games, I said that Texas was "trending up" and everyone questioned me.

How I came to that conclusion is because I pay attention.  Where is Texas now, compared to last December?  Trending up, and in the hunt to make the CFP.

On 1/12/2023 at 9:55 PM, utenation said:

HLB is also correct by saying after the top 4, it’s just worthless opinions. Especially if the PAC has 6 teams ranked. 

You're catching on.

Every bowl game, outside of the Final Four, is purely for entertainment purposes only, and doesn't mean much.  Do you actually think that the B1G runner-up cares about a meaningless Rose Bowl?  Or the SEC runner-up cares about a meaningless Sugar Bowl?  (And do forth).

On 1/12/2023 at 9:55 PM, utenation said:

Texas by far will be the best football program in 2023 at least according to the resident criticality acclaimed author that has written several books on college athletics.

Where is Texas at right now?

If you paid attention to life outside of the PAC12, you would know that Texas was on the cusp of doing great things.  It just so happens that they are doing so, one year earlier than expected.

They could very well make the CFP and win the NCG.

Neither Washington or Oregon could win a semi-final in the CFP.

That being said, I think BAMA wins the NCG

On 1/12/2023 at 9:59 AM, Orange said:

Who won the NCG?  Not a PAC12 team, all of whom were playing in meaningless, bowl games.

On 11/5/2023 at 6:40 PM, HLB said:

Where is Texas at right now?

If you paid attention to life outside of the PAC12, you would know that Texas was on the cusp of doing great things.  It just so happens that they are doing so, one year earlier than expected.

They could very well make the CFP and win the NCG.

Neither Washington or Oregon could win a semi-final in the CFP.

That being said, I think BAMA wins the NCG

Oregon has literally won a semifinal in a CF playoff, dumbfuck.  

Bookmark this shit when he whines again about “nobody’s perfect” after he fucks up some more predictions.