Congratulations to Heisman Trophy winner Caleb Williams

Mano

On 12/11/2022 at 2:17 PM, Orange said:

Also, don’t expect @HLBto come back here and eat crow for calling Caleb Williams heisman talk “silly”.    

It was/is silly.  In my mind (and in the minds of many others) Williams wasn't deserving of the Heisman.  Someone had to win, and the media began to hype him as the favorite, during the ND game, for no reason other than "someone had to win".  For me, the TCU QB was more deserving.  

That being said, I don't think negatively towards Williams.  He is a great talent and had nothing to do with the media hype.  I just think others were more deserving.  Had TCU's QB played on more of a "brand" name team, he would have won the award.

I will add, however, that Williams' acceptance speech was exceptional.  He's very well spoken and had a lot of wonderful things to say.  Next year, he has the capacity to repeat.  Especially since USC will go 13-0, win every game by double digits, win the PAC12, and go to the CFP, where they will probably get thumped mercilessly in the semifinals.

On 12/16/2022 at 5:07 PM, HLB said:

It was/is silly.  In my mind (and in the minds of many others) Williams wasn't deserving of the Heisman.  Someone had to win, and the media began to hype him as the favorite, during the ND game, for no reason other than "someone had to win".  For me, the TCU QB was more deserving.  

That being said, I don't think negatively towards Williams.  He is a great talent and had nothing to do with the media hype.  I just think others were more deserving.  Had TCU's QB played on more of a "brand" name team, he would have won the award.

I will add, however, that Williams' acceptance speech was exceptional.  He's very well spoken and had a lot of wonderful things to say.  Next year, he has the capacity to repeat.  Especially since USC will go 13-0, win every game by double digits, win the PAC12, and go to the CFP, where they will probably get thumped mercilessly in the semifinals.

Shut - and I can’t stress this enough - the fuck up.  

Archived