Jump to content

2023 football schedule


row Z
 Share

Recommended Posts

It will apparently be released later this week. Seeing some rumors out there, so thought I would start a thread. R

umors: 1) UW and Oregon both get a bye before their game; 2) UW will have the following teams in November: USC, Utah, Beavs and WSU; 3) USC gets a bye before the CCG.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, Beavs have a really nice schedule: only difficult back-to-back is UW and Oregon at the end.  They are in a good spot to contend. 

Oregon also has a good schedule. No difficult back-to-back, and a bye before UW.

UW has the toughest schedule among the contenders, IMO, because of the schedule in November: @USC, Utah, Beavs, Cougs. Almost impossible to get out of that unscathed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ute's schedule pretty brutal this year. 11 P5 games, Baylor, Oregon State, USC and Washington all on the road. Oregon the only Pac team that is supposed to be contending that the Utes get at home.  Stanford and Wazzu are the Northern teams they miss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is going to be a wild season. Really looking forward to it. Going to try to see at least a couple of UW games. 

Too bad the LA schools are punking out. Honestly, i think we all could have had it pretty good if they had stuck around under Kliavkoff and the new tv deal. Oh well, enjoy this parting kick to the nuts on your way out (hopefully) ... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, MrBug708 said:

Im just grateful we aren't getting an early November road game in Utah, for once. I feel like because I've gone to the last two UCLA games at Utah, I have earned the right to bitch :)

….can’t wait to see how you handle Minnesota and Michigan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2023 at 8:16 PM, Chile_Ute said:

….can’t wait to see how you handle Minnesota and Michigan.

Michigan will likely be once every few years, but the matchup will be cool. I didnt think Minnesota had the same raucous crowd that Utah had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 6:51 AM, MrBug708 said:

Michigan will likely be once every few years, but the matchup will be cool. I didnt think Minnesota had the same raucous crowd that Utah had.

I think he was more referring to the weather than the crowd. All late season road games outside of USC will be in cold weather climates when you guys leave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, glduck said:

Wild that basically all the contenders in this conference play each other, but down south they make Georgia and Bama play once per generation.

And yet, more times than not, BAMA and UGA have played each other, almost every year, when they meet in either the SEC Championship game, the NCG, or both.

That being said, the SEC will be dropping the two divisions soon and the regular season pairings will change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 3:24 PM, Orange said:

Screw the weather, let's see how the players all handle the constant road-game jet lag.  What a crock of shit this is, UCLA and USC leaving.

You just explained why the PAC12 went to a 9-game conference schedule, compared to an 8-game conference schedule.  By playing a 9-game conference schedule, the PAC12 would only play 3 OOC opponents, and reduce the chances of teams having to travel across country, every year, sustain road-game jet lag and fatigue, and potentially impacting their academic studies.

That's why the PAC12 started playing a 9-game conference schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 9:05 AM, Mano said:

I think he was more referring to the weather than the crowd. All late season road games outside of USC will be in cold weather climates when you guys leave.

I dont expect UCLA to have more than two "late season" road games. The cold and good teams are a bad recipe. The cold and bad teams...ehhh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 1:24 PM, Orange said:

Screw the weather, let's see how the players all handle the constant road-game jet lag.  What a crock of shit this is, UCLA and USC leaving.

I would be surprised to see UCLA/USC ever get hit with back to back road games unless it's centered around the UCLA-USC rivalry game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2023 at 12:08 AM, MrBug708 said:

I would be surprised to see UCLA/USC ever get hit with back to back road games unless it's centered around the UCLA-USC rivalry game.

Agree.  Just to get a feel, here's an example of a possible future Bruin nine-game conference schedule, with three opponents from the current B1G East, and five from the current West.  With each of the B1G's current teams already having a "last game' opponent, that leaves USC for UCLA:

  • Purdue
  • at Michigan
  • Rutgers
  • at Illinois
  • Nebraska
  • at Wisconsin
  • Iowa
  • at Penn State
  • USC

If this were 2024, you would add the currentl scheduled at Hawaii (8/31), home with Fresno St (9/14), and at LSU (9/21).  With the 13 games allowed, it leaves room to schedule a 2024 contest with Cal on 9/7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Assuming they schedule a 13th game with Hawaii. I dont recall if they were keeping the E/W setup in the standings, but going to pods. UCLA was rumored to get Nebraska and either NW/Purdue/Illinois as their usual matchup. Everything else will be cycled through. Travel to Penn State is a pain in the ass, so I'd rather avoid that road trip as much as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 5:38 PM, HLB said:

You just explained why the PAC12 went to a 9-game conference schedule, compared to an 8-game conference schedule.  By playing a 9-game conference schedule, the PAC12 would only play 3 OOC opponents, and reduce the chances of teams having to travel across country, every year, sustain road-game jet lag and fatigue, and potentially impacting their academic studies.

That's why the PAC12 started playing a 9-game conference schedule.

Oh, so in addition to being a best-selling black author, you're now an expert on backroom discussions within the Pac-12 conference boardrooms?


For the love of fuck, shut up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Donate

    Please donate to support this community. We appreciate all donations!



    138% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
×
×
  • Create New...