2023 football schedule

row Z

It will apparently be released later this week. Seeing some rumors out there, so thought I would start a thread. R

umors: 1) UW and Oregon both get a bye before their game; 2) UW will have the following teams in November: USC, Utah, Beavs and WSU; 3) USC gets a bye before the CCG.  

Yes, Beavs have a really nice schedule: only difficult back-to-back is UW and Oregon at the end.  They are in a good spot to contend. 

Oregon also has a good schedule. No difficult back-to-back, and a bye before UW.

UW has the toughest schedule among the contenders, IMO, because of the schedule in November: @USC, Utah, Beavs, Cougs. Almost impossible to get out of that unscathed. 

Ute's schedule pretty brutal this year. 11 P5 games, Baylor, Oregon State, USC and Washington all on the road. Oregon the only Pac team that is supposed to be contending that the Utes get at home.  Stanford and Wazzu are the Northern teams they miss. 

This is going to be a wild season. Really looking forward to it. Going to try to see at least a couple of UW games. 

Too bad the LA schools are punking out. Honestly, i think we all could have had it pretty good if they had stuck around under Kliavkoff and the new tv deal. Oh well, enjoy this parting kick to the nuts on your way out (hopefully) ... 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 6:51 AM, MrBug708 said:

Michigan will likely be once every few years, but the matchup will be cool. I didnt think Minnesota had the same raucous crowd that Utah had.

I think he was more referring to the weather than the crowd. All late season road games outside of USC will be in cold weather climates when you guys leave.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, glduck said:

Wild that basically all the contenders in this conference play each other, but down south they make Georgia and Bama play once per generation.

And yet, more times than not, BAMA and UGA have played each other, almost every year, when they meet in either the SEC Championship game, the NCG, or both.

That being said, the SEC will be dropping the two divisions soon and the regular season pairings will change.

On 1/20/2023 at 3:24 PM, Orange said:

Screw the weather, let's see how the players all handle the constant road-game jet lag.  What a crock of shit this is, UCLA and USC leaving.

You just explained why the PAC12 went to a 9-game conference schedule, compared to an 8-game conference schedule.  By playing a 9-game conference schedule, the PAC12 would only play 3 OOC opponents, and reduce the chances of teams having to travel across country, every year, sustain road-game jet lag and fatigue, and potentially impacting their academic studies.

That's why the PAC12 started playing a 9-game conference schedule.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:05 AM, Mano said:

I think he was more referring to the weather than the crowd. All late season road games outside of USC will be in cold weather climates when you guys leave.

I dont expect UCLA to have more than two "late season" road games. The cold and good teams are a bad recipe. The cold and bad teams...ehhh

On 1/20/2023 at 1:24 PM, Orange said:

Screw the weather, let's see how the players all handle the constant road-game jet lag.  What a crock of shit this is, UCLA and USC leaving.

I would be surprised to see UCLA/USC ever get hit with back to back road games unless it's centered around the UCLA-USC rivalry game.

On 1/21/2023 at 12:08 AM, MrBug708 said:

I would be surprised to see UCLA/USC ever get hit with back to back road games unless it's centered around the UCLA-USC rivalry game.

Agree.  Just to get a feel, here's an example of a possible future Bruin nine-game conference schedule, with three opponents from the current B1G East, and five from the current West.  With each of the B1G's current teams already having a "last game' opponent, that leaves USC for UCLA:

• Purdue
  • at Michigan
  • Rutgers
  • at Illinois
  • Nebraska
  • at Wisconsin
  • Iowa
  • at Penn State
  • USC

If this were 2024, you would add the currentl scheduled at Hawaii (8/31), home with Fresno St (9/14), and at LSU (9/21).  With the 13 games allowed, it leaves room to schedule a 2024 contest with Cal on 9/7.

• Like 1

Assuming they schedule a 13th game with Hawaii. I dont recall if they were keeping the E/W setup in the standings, but going to pods. UCLA was rumored to get Nebraska and either NW/Purdue/Illinois as their usual matchup. Everything else will be cycled through. Travel to Penn State is a pain in the ass, so I'd rather avoid that road trip as much as possible.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:38 PM, HLB said:

You just explained why the PAC12 went to a 9-game conference schedule, compared to an 8-game conference schedule.  By playing a 9-game conference schedule, the PAC12 would only play 3 OOC opponents, and reduce the chances of teams having to travel across country, every year, sustain road-game jet lag and fatigue, and potentially impacting their academic studies.

That's why the PAC12 started playing a 9-game conference schedule.

Oh, so in addition to being a best-selling black author, you're now an expert on backroom discussions within the Pac-12 conference boardrooms?

For the love of fuck, shut up.