2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

People are accurately pointing out the hypocrisy of Oregon of all teams saying another program is out for clicks, but I think you need to look at it from the perspective of this was probably the only opportunity Lanning will ever have to say that about someone else and for it to be true. Gotta take your shots when you can.

This post was brought to you by shoes that change colors as you wear them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2023 at 6:49 PM, utenation said:

There is no doubt his players love him. I just wonder if they are getting good messages. 

Last week, his son was getting in the face of the CSU coach at the post game mid field meeting of coaches. Really? Which coach allows that? Shouldn’t players go to the locker room or celebrate with teammates?

Before the Oregon game, some no name clown WR named Weaver was telling the press that CU is everybody’s Super Bowl. Including Alabama. LMAO. 

Keep talking boys. 

Your dislike of the buffs is noted!  :)  will be fun in the big 12 (which is a mess at the moment).  

Again, there is more to culture than a few clips.  Weaver said something wildly overstated.  But if we stopping the presses every time that happens it’s going to be a long season. There was a little truth to it, more people likely watched that Oregon game than any game this year.  (Good or bad).

The kids generally seem like good kids and behave well.  It will not be perfect, and cu makes everything available, for better or worse

On 9/24/2023 at 7:06 PM, glduck said:

People are accurately pointing out the hypocrisy of Oregon of all teams saying another program is out for clicks, but I think you need to look at it from the perspective of this was probably the only opportunity Lanning will ever have to say that about someone else and for it to be true. Gotta take your shots when you can.

This post was brought to you by shoes that change colors as you wear them.

Lol, those shoes were awful.  But I’m old, so what do I know?

And of course Lanning overstated it, but coaches do that.  Did you catch days act?  You’d think they really had been disrespected.

On 9/24/2023 at 6:09 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Your dislike of the buffs is noted!  :)  will be fun in the big 12 (which is a mess at the moment).  

Again, there is more to culture than a few clips.  Weaver said something wildly overstated.  But if we stopping the presses every time that happens it’s going to be a long season. There was a little truth to it, more people likely watched that Oregon game than any game this year.  (Good or bad).

The kids generally seem like good kids and behave well.  It will not be perfect, and cu makes everything available, for better or worse

I have no issue with CU. I just don’t like coaches that make it all about them and can’t back up the big mouth. 

On 9/24/2023 at 6:15 PM, Buff_Fan said:

They are 3-1.  And I’m not sure sanders said anything about Oregon.  

3-1 for now. And “keeping Lanning receipts” as well as fueling the fire right after Dan basically said CU has been garbage and done nothing for the P12 is certainly talking. 

Watching jalapeño froth at the mouth the last month over getting revenge on Oregon has been a comedy show. 

On 9/24/2023 at 7:27 PM, utenation said:

3-1 for now. And “keeping Lanning receipts” as well as fueling the fire right after Dan basically said CU has been garbage and done nothing for the P12 is certainly talking. 

Watching jalapeño froth at the mouth the last month over getting revenge on Oregon has been a comedy show. 

Lol, well I’m. It speaking for all cu fans.  SC is going to win big, and I’m still happy with the progress.  People are dunking on cu fans because they aren’t going to win the pac.  No shit, we are a mid tier team, which in and of itself is moving in the right direction.

On 9/24/2023 at 7:02 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Definitely tuning into Utah-Oregon State.    Big game for both programs

It will be interesting to see who we get back this week. Supposedly we might get about 8-10 starters/key players back. And I’ve given up on predicting Cam’s return. 

The line is tight and OSU will be plenty pissed after a WSU loss.  We can’t ride our defense this hard all year. We need some offensive play makers back or the show will be over very soon. 

On 9/24/2023 at 7:23 PM, KUGRDON said:

The Lee Corso comments aside, I think Fox was the main villain in conference realignment as far as networks go.  

I also can’t overlook the report that ESPN offered 30 mill per for 10 schools and Presidents turned that down thinking we could get 50 mill per. If true, that’s  just fucked up and squarely on our Presidents. 

Considering the 4 corners and UW/OR will all be making around 30 mill per. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 6:42 PM, utenation said:

The Lee Corso comments aside, I think Fox was the main villain in conference realignment as far as networks go.  

I also can’t overlook the report that ESPN offered 30 mill per for 10 schools and Presidents turned that down thinking we could get 50 mill per. If true, that’s  just fucked up and squarely on our Presidents. 

Considering the 4 corners and UW/OR will all be making around 30 mill per. 

Some reports are than ESPN paid Colorado multiple millions to withdraw from the Pac. Part of the reasons why was the Big Ten was reluctant to invite Oregon and Washington because it didn’t wanna be responsible for killing the conference. Once Colorado was gone, the whole thing crumbled, and the vultures came in. Fox and ESPN got their way.

Big antitrust lawsuit coming.

On 9/24/2023 at 8:03 PM, KUGRDON said:

Some reports are than ESPN paid Colorado multiple millions to withdraw from the Pac. Part of the reasons why was the Big Ten was reluctant to invite Oregon and Washington because it didn’t wanna be responsible for killing the conference. Once Colorado was gone, the whole thing crumbled, and the vultures came in. Fox and ESPN got their way.

Big antitrust lawsuit coming.

I’ve never heard the reports of ESPN paying CU. Not saying it didn’t happen because the whole last year was wild. 

I’d love to see some evidence of what you said.  Maybe that will come out in the lawsuit? But your coach going after Corso is a wasted effort. 

Corso can’t even wipe his own ass anymore and has no idea what month it is.