2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

FWIW:  I predict there will be approximately equal distributions to the current and former members. I also believe that those distributions will be much smaller than anticipated, and that WSU and OSU will vote to use the rest of the monies to fund exit fees of other teams leaving conferences to join the new Pac 12.  Thus, the argument goes, the funds will be spent by the conference for the conference which will undermine arguments of self-aggrandizement by WSU and OSU made by the 10.

• Like 1

I hope OSU and WSU deprive ALL other members of a single fucking red cent.  You want to dissolve the conference and leave and keep your cake?   Fuck you.  Hold a bake sale for your uniforms, bitches.  You wanted capitalism to govern student athletics?   This is what that shit looks like, you no-fine-print-reading cunts.  

My rage and dreams of assfucking the 10 other Benedict fucking Arnolds aside, I agree with Don about what will happen.  

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2023 at 8:24 PM, glduck said:

I am admittedly in the dark here:

Did the 10 remaining schools vote to withhold revenue distribution from the two LA schools for fiscal years 2022-23 and 2023-24 upon the announcement they were leaving for the B1G in June 2022?

Bug is correct.  That’s why I think there will be a distribution of equal amounts to all pac 12 members. 

The distribution will not be a regular distribution though, and it won’t include any assets or any part of emergency funds.

Here is where WSU and OSU may vote themselves a special emergency distribution out of the conference emergency funds, stating that absent such a distribution the conference would die.  There is a sound reason for the payments to be made to WSU and OSU alone i.e., funds paid to the Pac 10 what do nothing to preserve the conference while payments to the Pac 2 enable the conference to continue.

On 11/14/2023 at 5:31 PM, clpp01 said:

Arizona, Oregon & Oregon St would only have 5 common opponents (Colorado, Stanford, Utah, Washington & Washington St) and each would have ended up going 4-1 against those 5.  The next tie breaker would be record against the highest ranked common opponent which in this case would be Washington.  Oregon St  would have beaten UW while both Arizona & Oregon lost to them.

You're right. I see my error. I don't think it matters though, it's going to be Washington vs Oregon.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:28 PM, Orange said:

I hope OSU and WSU deprive ALL other members of a single fucking red cent.  You want to dissolve the conference and leave and keep your cake?   Fuck you.  Hold a bake sale for your uniforms, bitches.  You wanted capitalism to govern student athletics?   This is what that shit looks like, you no-fine-print-reading cunts.  

My rage and dreams of assfucking the 10 other Benedict fucking Arnolds aside, I agree with Don about what will happen.  

The 10 schools need to get their 23/24 distributions as agreed, then check out of the hotel in all capacities. 

The 4 corners get full shares from the B12 day 1.  

The LA Schools get full shares from day 1. 

UW/Oregon get $30 million of media distribution day 1 with a $1 million bump each year. They get full pooled revenue shares day 1. They get full media shares in 2030. 

Cal/Stan are pretty much screwed on ACC media dollars until there is a new contract. If this conference even survives. 

Most of the 10 will be just fine with their new conference from the start.  You don’t need to have both P12 revenue and your new conference revenue no matter what you think you earned for future distributions.  Realignment is messy. But it’s time to cut the cord and move on. 

On 11/15/2023 at 7:36 AM, azgreg said:

You're right. I see my error. I don't think it matters though, it's going to be Washington vs Oregon.

I think Utah gets AZ this weekend. Either way, Jedd Fisch gets my vote for coach of the year in the P12. I think Whittingham deserves a nod for the job he's done with all our injury issues and duct taping a team together but Utah was expected to do well this year. AZ gained a lot more ground from where they were. Impressive.  I think Utah and AZ will make a good splash in the B12 next year. 

I listened to an interview with Brian Jeffries the voice of the Wildcats.  30+ years at the job? This guy is all class and very respectful.  I also learned Noah Fifita is related to former Utah D-tackle great $teve Fifita. $teve wouldn't ever have to pay for a meal or beer in SLC.

On 11/15/2023 at 12:14 PM, utenation said:

I listened to an interview with Brian Jeffries the voice of the Wildcats.  30+ years at the job? This guy is all class and very respectful.

I watch games with the volume off and listen to the radio. Brian Jeffries is as good as there is.

On 11/15/2023 at 2:57 PM, azgreg said:

I watch games with the volume off and listen to the radio. Brian Jeffries is as good as there is.

What’s up with this? That’s a large shortage. Who should be worried?

Possible sale of the athletic department to an outside vendor?

https://fox2now.com/sports/sports-illustrated/3fb14bcc/university-of-arizona-considers-cutting-sports-teams-amid-240m-shortage/

On 11/15/2023 at 8:04 PM, utenation said:

What’s up with this? That’s a large shortage. Who should be worried?

Possible sale of the athletic department to an outside vendor?

https://fox2now.com/sports/sports-illustrated/3fb14bcc/university-of-arizona-considers-cutting-sports-teams-amid-240m-shortage/

I haven't paid that much attention to the story. It's my understanding that it will have zero impact on sports at Arizona. There are some that believe Robbins is using this story to downsize university administration in an attempt to streamline the university. It's not like $240M just went missing, it was just miss-allocated.