2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

The same feeling I had about OSU losing at Arizona (I had the Cats in Pick ‘Em) is creeping up in reverse today.  I like the vibes, and I’m using no other data.  

If I were a husky fan I’d be terrified.   Either way, this should be the best game of the weekend by far.   

On 11/18/2023 at 10:45 AM, Buff_Fan said:

Congrats don.  First game where cu didn’t show up, and the cougar took advantage.  21 points to d and special teams and it’s over before it started.  Rough and disappointing end to the season, but still encouraged by the direction overall.

lol, really?

On 11/18/2023 at 11:48 AM, Orange said:

lol, really?

Absolutely.  Last night was every game last year.  Is it disappointing?  Absolutely.  Is this team better?  Absolutely.  They were easily the worst p5 program last year.  

Next year is the big year for sanders.  Wayyyyy too much has been made of this year (good and bad).

On 11/18/2023 at 12:59 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Wow!  We need the over here, come on Utes.

We are missing the leading sack master in CFB, Ellis, All American SS Cole Bishop and our best LB Reid all on defense. Game time scratches.  

In addition to 7 starters out for the season. Utah is just embarrassing themselves at this point.  AZ is good but we have turned into a disaster. 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:45 AM, Buff_Fan said:

Congrats don.  First game where cu didn’t show up, and the cougar took advantage.  21 points to d and special teams and it’s over before it started.  Rough and disappointing end to the season, but still encouraged by the direction overall.

Put another way, a WSU defensive end scored as many touchdowns as Colorado’s offense.  I think you undersell how bad the Colorado offense is.  An O-Line takes time to build and the Buffs have nothing on roster to build it with as Sanders has already acknowledged.

On 11/18/2023 at 10:51 AM, Buff_Fan said:

Absolutely.  Last night was every game last year.  Is it disappointing?  Absolutely.  Is this team better?  Absolutely.  They were easily the worst p5 program last year.  

Next year is the big year for sanders.  Wayyyyy too much has been made of this year (good and bad).

The team is quite frankly giving up on him and he throws players under the bus in news conferences.  The program has REGRESSED with each game.  I don’t think we’re looking at the same program. 

On 11/18/2023 at 1:19 PM, utenation said:

We are missing the leading sack master in CFB, Ellis, All American SS Cole Bishop and our best LB Reid all on defense. Game time scratches.  

In addition to 7 starters out for the season. Utah is just embarrassing themselves at this point.  AZ is good but we have turned into a disaster. 

This is very unutahish.  But it’s just a game, one to throw away

On 11/18/2023 at 1:30 PM, KUGRDON said:

Put another way, a WSU defensive end scored as many touchdowns as Colorado’s offense.  I think you undersell how bad the Colorado offense is.  An O-Line takes time to build and the Buffs have nothing on roster to build it with as Sanders has already acknowledged.

It was bad last night.  But sanders being out mattered, and season long the o has been fine (very definition of fine).  And we will see if they can build a line, it isn’t the same cfb

On 11/18/2023 at 1:47 PM, Orange said:

The team is quite frankly giving up on him and he throws players under the bus in news conferences.  The program has REGRESSED with each game.  I don’t think we’re looking at the same program. 

They haven’t regressed each game.  Last week they played a much, much better game.  Last night was a mess, however almost every game was like that last year. Time will tell I guess.

On 11/18/2023 at 2:42 PM, Buff_Fan said:

This is very unutahish.  But it’s just a game, one to throw away

Utah is lucky to have 7 wins this year with this lineup. We are held together with duct tape. 

We’ve had a great run since 2018 but the PAC is just too good to try and win with 2nd and 3rd string guys.  Not our year and we better get next year figured out quickly.  We still have major questions at QB for 2024. 

On 11/18/2023 at 2:56 PM, utenation said:

Utah is lucky to have 7 wins this year with this lineup. We are held together with duct tape. 

We’ve had a great run since 2018 but the PAC is just too good to try and win 2nd and 3rd string guys.  Not our year and we better get next year figured out quickly.  We still have major questions at QB for 2024. 

Rising can return can’t he?  

On 11/18/2023 at 2:57 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Rising can return can’t he?  

Yeah. But he’s 24. Getting up there if you are going to try for the NFL as a rookie.  I think he will get picked up as a free agent backup but 2023 was his year to improve his stock. No bueno. 

We have the kid who was going to be the backup running the scout team. Rose. Got injured in fall camp. He played great in spring ball. 

But I’m sniffing the portal for a Qb.