Why Andersen REALLY left Wisconsin

Scscsc89

From what I have gathered, Andersen was unhappy at Wisconsin because he was not allowed to run the team as he wanted. The admissions were part of it, he was unable to hire the coaches he wanted, and really couldn't run the offensive scheme that he wanted. He preferred going to a P5 school with a lesser national image where he could run things his way to staying at Wisconsin with the constraints he was subjected to.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, Oregon State has played in the tougher conference over the last 20 years. I'm sure you agree with that.

If we follow your logic, Wisconsin would have the same 6 Rose Bowl appearances had it been a member of the PAC.

No, that wasn't the discussion.  The discussion was about why Anderson left and you said it was because it was harder for him to recruit and have success at Wisconsin then at Oregon State.  Remember? If you don't, reread post #14.

Oregon State has played in a tougher conference, which means if we follow my logic, sustained success is going to be far more difficult to obtain than in an easier conference like the Big Ten.  

It's also worth noting that Wisconsin won 3 of those Rose Bowls against pac 12 teams from 94-2000, when the two conferences were far more equal.  From 1990-2000, the Big Ten went 7-4 against the Pac 12.  Sustained success has occurred in Wisconsin, it has yet to occur at Oregon State.  You are free to admit that your reasoning behind Anderson's departure is majorly flawed and that Mano's answer is far more likely to be the truth.  

Maybe Andersen has the ultimate goal of winning a national championship. He wasn't going to do it with Wisconsin recruits. Maybe he thought he had a better shot at it with OSU recruits, where he would have greater access to So Cal.

Oh my gosh.

Maybe Andersen has the ultimate goal of winning a national championship. He wasn't going to do it with Wisconsin recruits. Maybe he thought he had a better shot at it with OSU recruits, where he would have greater access to So Cal.

Really?  One school goes to the Rose Bowl 6 times in 21 years, the other 0, and you think the recruits at the school with 0 Rose Bowls are better?  You realize the Big Ten beat the pac 12 in the National championship this year right?  This thread is not exactly your best moment. 

Yes, I think OSU recruits are better than the recruits of every BIG school, with the exception of Ohio State. Pac-12 schools are willing to play any school in the P5. We take on all comers. BIG schools, on the other hand, do their best to avoid playing P5 schools.

What is your opinion of Cal? Don't you believe Cal recruits are better than the recruits of any BIG school?

Yes, I think OSU recruits are better than the recruits of every BIG school, with the exception of Ohio State. Pac-12 schools are willing to play any school in the P5. We take on all comers. BIG schools, on the other hand, do their best to avoid playing P5 schools.

What is your opinion of Cal? Don't you believe Cal recruits are better than the recruits of any BIG school?

You're crazy.  OSU doesn't have better recruits than Michigan, Michigan State or Nebraska and neither does Cal.  Your logic is extremely flawed and it's been evident by your inability to support your positions with evidence or fact.  California has tons of schools mining it's recruits and the best ones end up at the biggest schools, not Oregon State.  Oregon State fights recruiting battles with Utah, WSU, Boise State, and Iowa.  That's not an insult, that's reality.  Oregon State does a great job of finding overlooked players and hunting the JC circuit for elite athletes who were academic casualties out of high school.  What they don't do a great job of is getting elite recruits in California. 

Michigan on the other hand fights their recruiting  battles against elite recruiting powerhouses like UCLA, USC, Ohio State, Florida, and Alabama.  The recruiting rankings can be biased but when 5 of the best coaches in the game are fighting over a certain recruit, that's a pretty solid indication he's a special player.  Oregon State doesn't participate in these fights -- neither does Cal -- and that likely isn't going to change with the addition of Anderson.  

Michigan on the other hand fights their recruiting  battles against elite recruiting powerhouses like UCLA, USC, Ohio State, Florida, and Alabama.  

Wow. I had no idea that fans in the Pac-12 North are so down on their teams. You don't even believe that your recruits are better than the recruits of the pathetic Big-10. SMH

By the way, I just looked at last year's Michigan roster:

2 from Florida

0 from Texas 

1 from California (not including the Kicker)

Michigan doesn't appear to be winning many recruiting battles these days against elite recruiting powerhouses like UCLA, USC, Ohio State, Florida, and Alabama.

I'm getting a Dennis Erickson vibe from Gary Andersen, at least in terms of how OS is now recruiting.  Could be interesting, could be a disaster, who knows!  At least there is something to be excited about for OS fans again. 

Also, Sparky, really?  OS has better recruits than all but tOSU?  Um, no.

Archived