Weed Thread

Orange

On 6/21/2017 at 9:34 AM, MrBug708 said:

Inhaled once. I suffer from migraines and have always wondered if it would cure them. Once everything gets legalized, I might try it out. But being a teacher, I do wonder about rules and regulations in this particular industry.

CA goes recreationally legal in 2018.  Medicinal use is legal right now.  You could get a card, smoke when a migraine hits -- or even get your hands on CBD oils and perhaps avoid a positive UA, potentially.

Infrequent users would find any trace THC content leaving their system within a couple days.  No reason for you not to do it, frankly.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mexico just legalized medical marijuana.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/06/22/mexico-medical-marijuana-legalization/82181/

Given how many lives the cartel violence in Mexico has claimed, I'm hopeful that this will start to reverse the trend.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/05/18/united-states-marijuana-policy-canada-mexico-legalization/79714/

Article talking about US maybe missing out on the cannabis boom given that Canada just legalized weed and Mexico just did medical marijuana.

Honest question: why legalize recreational weed instead of just medical weed?  If it was up to me, I'd legalize industrial hemp, cannabis, and medical marijuana.  Why could/wouldn't that be sufficient?

http://www.westword.com/news/see-the-largest-hemp-farm-in-the-united-states-right-here-in-colorado-7140427

Article states that industrial hemp requires 1/3 of the water that normally goes to corn corps.  Since Mexico might be relying on Brazil for corn instead of us due to Trump, it's possible we see less corn planted in the US this year which opens up more opportunities for industrial hemp.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/news/local/state-legislature-approves-study-for-hemp-use-in-livestock-feed/

We should know by the end of the year whether hemp will be included in feed to livestock within the state and if it causes problems with the feds.  Article says that meat from livestock that eats hemp tastes better as well.  I'm down for that!

I thought about buying hemp milk but I will have to take another look due to my diabetes.

http://www.occnewspaper.com/south-carolina-governor-signs-industrial-hemp-law/

South Carolina's governor signed the legalization of industrial hemp into law.

On 6/24/2017 at 1:47 PM, Jalapeno said:

Mexico just legalized medical marijuana.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/06/22/mexico-medical-marijuana-legalization/82181/

Given how many lives the cartel violence in Mexico has claimed, I'm hopeful that this will start to reverse the trend.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/05/18/united-states-marijuana-policy-canada-mexico-legalization/79714/

Article talking about US maybe missing out on the cannabis boom given that Canada just legalized weed and Mexico just did medical marijuana.

Honest question: why legalize recreational weed instead of just medical weed?  If it was up to me, I'd legalize industrial hemp, cannabis, and medical marijuana.  Why could/wouldn't that be sufficient?

Medical marijuana is still essentially a black market.  The rules under MM require that medical growers "give" marijuana to patients in exchange usually for a "membership" in a dispensary, or a voluntary contribution.  There is no tracking of sales, amounts, etc.  If you don't go rec, you're not stemming the tide of illegal use and sale.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Medical marijuana is still essentially a black market.  The rules under MM require that medical growers "give" marijuana to patients in exchange usually for a "membership" in a dispensary, or a voluntary contribution.  There is no tracking of sales, amounts, etc.  If you don't go rec, you're not stemming the tide of illegal use and sale.

Suppose the MM rules were addressed related to tracking, amounts, etc...would there still be the need for recreational use?  Suppose the medical profession could be involved and take a cut of the sales, could it really help cut down on prescription pill abuse since doctors would be less inclined to push those prescriptions?  What is your take on the opioid abuse epidemic that seems to be plaguing the rural communities these days?  Could it be due to the local city not approving weed stores?

I never thought that so much good would come out of legalizing weed despite my opposition to recreational use.  Federal law really needs to be updated to allow industrial hemp production to take off in this country and given that Trump is a promoter of more jobs at home, it should be legalized but I guess the same special interest groups are blocking its passage.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Suppose the MM rules were addressed related to tracking, amounts, etc...would there still be the need for recreational use?  Suppose the medical profession could be involved and take a cut of the sales, could it really help cut down on prescription pill abuse since doctors would be less inclined to push those prescriptions?  What is your take on the opioid abuse epidemic that seems to be plaguing the rural communities these days?  Could it be due to the local city not approving weed stores?

I never thought that so much good would come out of legalizing weed despite my opposition to recreational use.  Federal law really needs to be updated to allow industrial hemp production to take off in this country and given that Trump is a promoter of more jobs at home, it should be legalized but I guess the same special interest groups are blocking its passage.

There will always be a "need" to legalize recreational use.  Marijuana is the least harmful "drug" out there and it is popular for its euphoric effects.  So long as prohibition is in place, we'll be plagued with law enforcement waste, prison waste, abusive drug sentencing, and not to mention a massive missed opportunity in terms of tax revenue.  We're also less able to police dispensing of marijuana to children when prohibition is the law of the land because of the lack of sales tracking.  There won't be tracking with medical, because they can't charge for medical, because no insurance covers it and no market price is set as long as there is prohibition.  Your question is nonsensical. 

You keep saying you're "against" recreational marijuana.  That doesn't make any sense.  No one cares about your personal preference.  This is about proven policy.  If you're against marijuana, don't use it.  Lots of people are "against" alcohol, and I don't blame them.  But the best way to prevent abuse of alcohol is to enact regulations related to alcohol, not to ban something that is widely popular and widely used.  Prohibition is tantamount to plugging your ears and eyes and throwing a tantrum.  It satisfies nothing apart from emotional needs, or misguided, moral absolutism.

8 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Straight off of CNN, no Don comments

This is how the drooling Trumpanzee idiots fall for Fox News /\/\/\

They don't realize that the choice to cover a story is, by itself, editorial bias.

Your link was not a "marijuana" story any more than the idiot who drives after drinking a bottle of jack and taking a bong hit is a story about "Marijuana DUI."

I still remember your dumb ass trying to claim that the man who shot Gabby Giffords was a pot-smoker fueled by pot rage.  You're literally on the same page as those retards Jeff Sessions and Louis Gasner and Jalapeno.

6 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Straight off of CNN, no Don comments

That's total horseshit and you know it. 

Seven paragraphs in, the detail that she smoked marijuana before taking a nap for "2 or 3 hours" is revealed, yet it's the headline of your post. The police made very little of that connection, yet you're suggesting that she killed her children because she smoked weed. What if she'd eaten a turkey sandwich or drank a beer?

1 minute ago, Quack 12 said:

That's total horseshit and you know it. 

Seven paragraphs in, the detail that she smoked marijuana before taking a nap for "2 or 3 hours" is revealed, yet it's the headline of your post. The police made very little of that connection, yet you're suggesting that she killed her children because she smoked weed. What if she'd eaten a turkey sandwich or drank a beer?

Do mexicans smuggle hops across the border?  I think not, sir!  That's a nice, American, white-people drug.

22 hours ago, Orange said:

There will always be a "need" to legalize recreational use.  Marijuana is the least harmful "drug" out there and it is popular for its euphoric effects.  So long as prohibition is in place, we'll be plagued with law enforcement waste, prison waste, abusive drug sentencing, and not to mention a massive missed opportunity in terms of tax revenue.  We're also less able to police dispensing of marijuana to children when prohibition is the law of the land because of the lack of sales tracking.  There won't be tracking with medical, because they can't charge for medical, because no insurance covers it and no market price is set as long as there is prohibition.  Your question is nonsensical. 

You keep saying you're "against" recreational marijuana.  That doesn't make any sense.  No one cares about your personal preference.  This is about proven policy.  If you're against marijuana, don't use it.  Lots of people are "against" alcohol, and I don't blame them.  But the best way to prevent abuse of alcohol is to enact regulations related to alcohol, not to ban something that is widely popular and widely used.  Prohibition is tantamount to plugging your ears and eyes and throwing a tantrum.  It satisfies nothing apart from emotional needs, or misguided, moral absolutism.

No need to be sensitive about my personal preference.  As for MM, it's obvious that there would be a lot of legislative work to be done and the reality is it probably won't happen due to the special interests in Congress that serves the pharmaceutical industry.  I was simply asking what could/would need to be done with MM as an alternative to recreational use.  I thought this thread was supposed to be informative and you are resorting to insults.  Guess weed ain't working for you.

42 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

No need to be sensitive about my personal preference.  As for MM, it's obvious that there would be a lot of legislative work to be done and the reality is it probably won't happen due to the special interests in Congress that serves the pharmaceutical industry.  I was simply asking what could/would need to be done with MM as an alternative to recreational use.  I thought this thread was supposed to be informative and you are resorting to insults.  Guess weed ain't working for you.

Please cite the "insults" I threw at you.  Your questions don't make sense.  This  is a theme with you.  Yes, this is a thread for questions, but your questions have to make sense in order to be answered.  Take for example your question about the opioid epidemic....wha??

Medical marijuana's great.  That has absolutely nothing to do with your desire to rid your state of recreational marijuana, for the reasons I stated.  And I have no clue why you'd want to get rid of it.  To what end?

Archived