Weed Thread

Orange

On 7/27/2017 at 3:33 PM, Orange said:

There's plenty of data out there that demonstrates that marijuana has no effect on the number of DUIs.  If you're "ready" to tolerate drinking with the associated risk that some people will drive drunk, then you should've --- long before --- been ready to accept smoking marijuana.  First, because alcohol kills people even without the need for a vehicle (marijuana does not -- not ONE recorded case of death by overdose), and second because alcohol has few, if any, associated medical benefits via ingestion (marijuana has countless benefits).  One can even argue that driving under the influence of marijuana is FAR less dangerous than driving while under the influence of alcohol.

Zero additional thought is needed.  Marijuana should be freely available to all Americans, everywhere, over the age of 21.  It's obscene that people are in prison over this plant.  It's really a civil rights travesty.  Hence my lack of patience for people like you who continue to doubt it even though there is abundant information available proving what I just said.

Wife and I have occasional discussions about marijuana versus alcohol and we both agree that if we had to choose which one to be more heavily regulated, it'd be alcohol no questions asked.  Based on my experience, I agree 100% that marijuana is better than alcohol especially when being stoned versus drunk.

Trump (sorry to bring in politics) is about to declare a national opioid addiction emergency.  I hope doesn't lead to another war on drugs because it's going to fail like the last time.  Wife was once addicted to opioids ad never wants to go down that path again and have seen similar stories unfold.  It's time for an alternative to pain management and serious talk of legalizing medical marijuana nationwide.  One step at a time.

http://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/marijuana-legalization-5-years-away/

Perhaps the opioid crisis will be the tipping point nationwide.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Wife and I have occasional discussions about marijuana versus alcohol and we both agree that if we had to choose which one to be more heavily regulated, it'd be alcohol no questions asked.  Based on my experience, I agree 100% that marijuana is better than alcohol especially when being stoned versus drunk.

This is literally like saying diving into water is better than diving into pavement.

Thanks for your insight?

With zero fatalities.

I have an old friend (I'll call him John, since that's his name) who is a complete redneck, and is totally anti-pot. He also suffers from lung cancer and has been going through chemo. One of his kids has been trying to get him to try marijuana to reduce his nausea and improve his appetite, but he has always refused. Recently my wife and I were out to dinner with his wife, and she receives a panicked phone call from John, who tells her "Something is wrong, I don't know but something really is wrong." So she leaves dinner and rushes home to him. Turns out his kid left a plate of marijuana chocolate chip cookies on the kitchen counter, and John ate three of 'em. She said he ate more and slept better that night than he had in weeks; but he still refuses to knowingly ingest marijuana, simply because of his far-right politics.

Sometimes (Bruin 70 being a prime example) you can't save a fool from himself.  

3 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

With zero fatalities.

I have an old friend (I'll call him John, since that's his name) who is a complete redneck, and is totally anti-pot. He also suffers from lung cancer and has been going through chemo. One of his kids has been trying to get him to try marijuana to reduce his nausea and improve his appetite, but he has always refused. Recently my wife and I were out to dinner with his wife, and she receives a panicked phone call from John, who tells her "Something is wrong, I don't know but something really is wrong." So she leaves dinner and rushes home to him. Turns out his kid left a plate of marijuana chocolate chip cookies on the kitchen counter, and John ate three of 'em. She said he ate more and slept better that night than he had in weeks; but he still refuses to knowingly ingest marijuana, simply because of his far-right politics.

Sometimes (Bruin 70 being a prime example) you can't save a fool from himself.  

I remember the brownies.  So good.  I just don't like being buzzed or drunk, so I don't drink or toke.  Always fun to poke a pothead though.

Brownies and edibles would wreck me.  They were great at first but would leave me feeling super hungover the next day and I would get wayyy too high.  

I used to smoke pot frequently but the stuff turned on me and started causing extreme anxiety whenever I would smoke it.  

These days, my drug of choice is wine, beer and the occasional high end burbon. 

20 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

I remember the brownies.  So good.  I just don't like being buzzed or drunk, so I don't drink or toke.  Always fun to poke a pothead though.

Yeah, it's cute, and "funny" to pretty much no one, because the jokey way people treat the issue of marijuana is a vestige of the very real civil rights injustices that flowed from its prohibition.  People are spending their life in prison for no crime apart from selling the most harmless "drug" in existence.  Lives are ruined, children are fatherless, and crooks and liars profit from its prohibition through prison companies.

Har Har? 

And I fail to see the "joke" with your ridiculously biased, stupid news reports about marijuana causing everything from heart disease to AIDS.  They're just fake news, no more.  Maybe the whole issue is your dreadful sense of humor.

If that same child poured a bottle of vodka down her gullet, she'd probably be dead.  Meanwhile, a plate full of edibles with the most potent THC couldn't even harm your chihuahua.

Pick a new punchline.

Just now, Orange said:

Yeah, it's cute, and "funny" to pretty much no one, because the jokey way people treat the issue of marijuana is a vestige from the very real civil rights and injustice that flowed from its prohibition.

And I fail to see the "joke" with your ridiculously biased, stupid news reports about marijuana causing everything from heart disease to AIDS.  They're just fake news, no more.  Maybe the whole issue is your dreadful sense of humor.

If that same child poured a bottle of vodka down her gullet, she'd probably be dead.  Meanwhile, even a plate full of edibles with the most potent THC couldn't even harm your chihuhauha.

Pick a new punchline.

Take a hit and chill.

1 hour ago, All Hail said:

Brownies and edibles would wreck me.  They were great at first but would leave me feeling super hungover the next day and I would get wayyy too high.  

I used to smoke pot frequently but the stuff turned on me and started causing extreme anxiety whenever I would smoke it.  

These days, my drug of choice is wine, beer and the occasional high end burbon. 

Different strains do different things.  I've had the same issue with lots of strains -- massive anxiety, paranoia, etc.  XJ-13 worked wonders for me.  Great high, minimal paranoia, lots of laughing.  

A lot of it is the mood you're in, and the circumstances.  It's great for when I've got my kid to bed, and I'm home alone watching Game of Thrones.  Not so great at a dinner party with aunt Betsy and my boss.

2 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Take a hit and chill.

Seriously, I don't believe you're doing this for 'fun" when you're posting news stories about children in ERs or cardiovascular disease.  You wanna make me laugh?  This is a funny pot story:

41 minutes ago, Orange said:

Different strains do different things.  I've had the same issue with lots of strains -- massive anxiety, paranoia, etc.  XJ-13 worked wonders for me.  Great high, minimal paranoia, lots of laughing.  

A lot of it is the mood you're in, and the circumstances.  It's great for when I've got my kid to bed, and I'm home alone watching Game of Thrones.  Not so great at a dinner party with aunt Betsy and my boss.

I've tried many differerent strains at many different times and each one ended in terrible bouts with anxiety.  I don't think I'll ever be smoking again unfortunately.  

32 minutes ago, All Hail said:

I've tried many differerent strains at many different times and each one ended in terrible bouts with anxiety.  I don't think I'll ever be smoking again unfortunately.  

Yeah, it's definitely not for everybody.  Have you ever tried vaping?  Some vape pens release a little less, so you can take the edge off without losing your mind.

Also, Charlotte's Web CBD oils are great for relaxation, and they have virtually no THC, so you might get some hemp/MJ benefit without the existential dread.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Seriously, I don't believe you're doing this for 'fun" when you're posting news stories about children in ERs or cardiovascular disease.  You wanna make me laugh?  This is a funny pot story:

It is both fun and consists of reports by reputable medical authorities.

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

It is both fun and consists of reports by reputable medical authorities.

ER visits mean nothing.  I can take my kid to the ER because I'm afraid of something.  That doesn't make a given thing dangerous.  Seriously, this is deductive reasoning that a 10 year old can engage in.

I already completely eviscerated your stupid cardiovascular study that didn't control for exercise or diet.

19 minutes ago, Orange said:

ER visits mean nothing.  I can take my kid to the ER because I'm afraid of something.  That doesn't make a given thing dangerous.  Seriously, this is deductive reasoning that a 10 year old can engage in.

I already completely eviscerated your stupid cardiovascular study that didn't control for exercise or diet.

When did I do a cardiovascular study? That other things are Harmful doesn't mean weed is not harmful. Are you picking up whataboutism from Trump?

9 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

When did I do a cardiovascular study? That other things are Harmful doesn't mean weed is not harmful. Are you picking up whataboutism from Trump?

It's not "whataboutism", it's DEMONSTRABLE FACT THAT WEED IS NOT HARMFUL.  It's also not "whataboutism" to point out that the cardiovascular disease study you quoted was flawed in the worst possible way.  (Again, who studies something's effect on cardiovascular disease without controlling for diet and exercise???)

Weed is not for children, correct.  And that's a full-throated argument for full-scale legalization and regulation.  Our clients have to comply with the same packaging and labeling requirements that pharmaceuticals face, even if they're selling for recreational purposes.    

But even children (and the tiniest of pets) have never -- not in recorded history -- been killed by ingesting marijuana.  The only way marijuana alone can kill you is if a metric ton of it falls on you and you suffocate.

31 minutes ago, Orange said:

It's not "whataboutism", it's DEMONSTRABLE FACT THAT WEED IS NOT HARMFUL.  It's also not "whataboutism" to point out that the cardiovascular disease study you quoted was flawed in the worst possible way.  (Again, who studies something's effect on cardiovascular disease without controlling for diet and exercise???)

Weed is not for children, correct.  And that's a full-throated argument for full-scale legalization and regulation.  Our clients have to comply with the same packaging and labeling requirements that pharmaceuticals face, even if they're selling for recreational purposes.    

But even children (and the tiniest of pets) have never -- not in recorded history -- been killed by ingesting marijuana.  The only way marijuana alone can kill you is if a metric ton of it falls on you and you suffocate.

The medical studies that I so hopefully provided to you call your religion into question.

8 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

The medical studies that I so hopefully provided to you call your religion into question.

My "religion", to the extent I have one, is science.

Your study was junk science.  More like actual religion.  You know, the kind old people cling to (like myths about marijuana).

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

My "religion", to the extent I have one, is science.

Your study was junk science.  More like actual religion.  You know, the kind old people cling to (like myths about marijuana).

Again, I had no study.  Someone who respected science would know that.

Archived