Weed Thread

Orange

1 minute ago, KUGRDON said:

The point is that yes you have been stupid If you haven’t seen the hypocrisy in the treatment of different topics. You’ve been willfully ignorant because you’ve been afraid of and deferential to Org and SC.  Here’s hoping you’ve grown a pair.

Quoting then hiding. Not afraid, I just haven't wanted to put up with the nonsense that comes along with it. But the point of this whole thing is going forward. No let's not be will fully ignorant of that fact, the past is what it is. I've spoken my peace and while you feel like I've been easier on Org, he's spent more time banned than you have ever been.

You know the parameters, if you don't like them, you have a choice to make.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

The point is that yes you have been stupid If you haven’t seen the hypocrisy in the treatment of different topics. You’ve been willfully ignorant because you’ve been afraid of and deferential to Org and SC.  Here’s hoping you’ve grown a pair.

Oh shut the fuck up.  Weed isn't "political" because it's not controversial.  All the science proves that it shouldn't be illegal, that the war on drugs is a failure, and just because you live in the dark ages with rotary phones and mandatory minimums doesn't mean everyone else does.

13 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Quoting then hiding. Not afraid, I just haven't wanted to put up with the nonsense that comes along with it. But the point of this whole thing is going forward. No let's not be will fully ignorant of that fact, the past is what it is. I've spoken my peace and while you feel like I've been easier on Org, he's spent more time banned than you have ever been.

You know the parameters, if you don't like them, you have a choice to make.

I’ve never walked outside the parameters bug. My limits are self-imposed.  Like I said I hope you’ve grown a pair.  It’s you that has the choice to make.  I am fully supportive of the new bug.

6 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

I’ve never walked outside the parameters bug. My limits are self-imposed.  Like I said I hope you’ve grown a pair.  It’s you that has the choice to make.  I am fully supportive of the new bug.

Yes, you’ve done a sweet job of politely being a total asshole for a decade now.  

Industrial hemp's legalization is going to lead to a job boom in all things industrial hemp related this summer and this year plus the coming years.  I'm already seeing CBD lotion at Target which is not something that I would have thought I'd ever see.  I'm checking into the benefits of eating hemp infused foods and even drinks.  Pretty amazing what can be done with hemp outside of getting stoned.

As for the federal legalization of marijuana, it's becoming more of a necessity than for pleasure as those pharmaceutical companies are still prohibited from producing pain-killers based on marijuana.  As Org posted, 70% of Americans support legalization of marijuana and I believe the majority of them would be in support in stuff like more natural types of medicine than what those pharmaceutical companies have brewed up for many years.  The issue of being stoned from usage is pretty minor when you look at the big picture of this whole topic.  The lessons learned since 1937 needs to be a reminder of why we should never pass another law like back in 1937 that hampers our ability to use industrial hemp and put in the safeguards to prevent that from happening again.

I would have shocked my old self with how much of a 180 degree turn I have done on my view of hemp and marijuana.  If the benefits of industrial hemp were made to me even 20 years ago, I would have jumped on the bandwagon much earlier than I have done.  Education is key in this area and the internet has played a part in this.

Colorado's long standing drought has been busted hard this year as 99.99% of the state is drought free...could be a big harvest of industrial hemp not only from Colorado but other states that use the rivers fed from the Continental Divide.  Snow packs hit about 250% of normal this year.  Hope this doesn't lead to another 2013 in Colorado (the floods) and this summer's run off could be crazier than those typical white waters for rafting.  Those farmers downstream are very excited right now.

And I enjoyed my first toasted sub from Cheba Hut last night...pretty good subs if you asked me.

22 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Industrial hemp's legalization is going to lead to a job boom in all things industrial hemp related this summer and this year plus the coming years.  I'm already seeing CBD lotion at Target which is not something that I would have thought I'd ever see.  I'm checking into the benefits of eating hemp infused foods and even drinks.  Pretty amazing what can be done with hemp outside of getting stoned.

As for the federal legalization of marijuana, it's becoming more of a necessity than for pleasure as those pharmaceutical companies are still prohibited from producing pain-killers based on marijuana.  As Org posted, 70% of Americans support legalization of marijuana and I believe the majority of them would be in support in stuff like more natural types of medicine than what those pharmaceutical companies have brewed up for many years.  The issue of being stoned from usage is pretty minor when you look at the big picture of this whole topic.  The lessons learned since 1937 needs to be a reminder of why we should never pass another law like back in 1937 that hampers our ability to use industrial hemp and put in the safeguards to prevent that from happening again.

I would have shocked my old self with how much of a 180 degree turn I have done on my view of hemp and marijuana.  If the benefits of industrial hemp were made to me even 20 years ago, I would have jumped on the bandwagon much earlier than I have done.  Education is key in this area and the internet has played a part in this.

Colorado's long standing drought has been busted hard this year as 99.99% of the state is drought free...could be a big harvest of industrial hemp not only from Colorado but other states that use the rivers fed from the Continental Divide.  Snow packs hit about 250% of normal this year.  Hope this doesn't lead to another 2013 in Colorado (the floods) and this summer's run off could be crazier than those typical white waters for rafting.  Those farmers downstream are very excited right now.

And I enjoyed my first toasted sub from Cheba Hut last night...pretty good subs if you asked me.

Never thought I'd say this, but prior to your rambling about droughts and sandwiches, this is a great post.

Hemp and MJ demonization has been one of the great tragedies of the U.S., resulting in millions being incarcerated and their lives being ruined, in addition to the lost opportunity of exploring the medical benefits of the cannabis plant.  It's about time our government caught up with common sense.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Hemp and MJ demonization has been one of the great tragedies of the U.S., resulting in millions being incarcerated and their lives being ruined, in addition to the lost opportunity of exploring the medical benefits of the cannabis plant.  It's about time our government caught up with common sense.

You left out the destruction of our forests for paper products.  That hasn't been good for the planet either and the sooner paper makes the switch back to hemp, the better.  The US wasn't the only country that made this mistake I believe.

I'm also curious to see if this will lead to more jobs in rural areas and slow the urbanization process in parts of this country. Hemp reportedly requires 1/3 of the water of cotton to be grown and unlike cotton (according to the link below), hemp can be harvested multiple times a year.  This could improve the water situation out west overall and I'm going to research that in my free time.  It could be mind-blowing how much of an adverse impact the banning of hemp has caused.  This would have to go down as one of the worst laws ever put in place and we need to build in the safeguards to not let that happen again ever!

https://www.pinalcentral.com/business_and_technology/hemp-may-be-answer-for-arizona-farmers-getting-less-water/article_08a21674-f94b-52ab-8a3b-c1526cb91023.html

Once MJ is legalized, the US needs to use the excise taxes to fund anything that has to do with drug addiction just like with alcohol.  Locking people up over MJ has to leave one to wonder how much tax revenue the government has missed out on.  Those prison careers are going to really dry up.

I can only imagine how much of an impact hemp legalization will have on this country and then the inevitable legalization of MJ at the federal level.  It's going to have a huge impact on our lives from at home to the politics in this country.  The question is will we be able to recognize this country in the next decade or so?  We might be able to look back and say WTF was that?

I don't agree with taxing the shit out of weed like everyone else suggests.  It's already taxed enough at the local level.  It would be arbitrary to place an excise tax on a farm crop considering no other farm crops are taxed in such a way.  

My position on excise taxes on MJ was with the assumption that local tax rates would go down since they would be getting federal $.  The idea for those taxes would be to fund MJ abuse prevention programs.  They do those with cigarettes and acholol sales and ought to be done with sodas & energy drinks. 

On 6/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, Jalapeno said:

My position on excise taxes on MJ was with the assumption that local tax rates would go down since they would be getting federal $.  The idea for those taxes would be to fund MJ abuse prevention programs.  They do those with cigarettes and acholol sales and ought to be done with sodas & energy drinks. 

How about we fund something more useful, like education and social services in general?  MJ abuse is a pretty tiny slice of the pie, and often alcohol abuse is mistaken for MJ abuse, since they often go hand in hand.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:58 AM, Orange said:

How about we fund something more useful, like education and social services in general?  MJ abuse is a pretty tiny slice of the pie, and often alcohol abuse is mistaken for MJ abuse, since they often go hand in hand.

Education is being funded in Colorado through the marijuana taxes.  I haven't taken the time to see how the other states are handling that sales tax income.

Pretty big milestone for the legalization of marijuana as Illinois became the first state to legalize marijuana through legislation.  If Illinois regulates weed well, no doubt that will spread to other states.  Wisconsin and Minnesota would be good bets imo.

Legalization in other states is great as a curiosity.  However, none of it will matter until the federal government takes its claws off of it. Banking is a mess, interstate commerce is impossible, and hard-money lenders are the only source of funds for most businesses.

Once it's descheduled, watch out for the weed business to go absolutely nuts, with the early states reaping most of the economic benefits.  

10 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Didnt AH invest in weed related companies/products or am I dreaming that up?

He posted a few times about Canadian companies on the stock exchange, but IIRC he counseled against investing.

It is a volatile market and is dependent on the U.S. federal government opening up the weed market, which may take a good 5 years.

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2019 at 9:30 AM, Jalapeno said:

I can only imagine how much of an impact hemp legalization will have on this country and then the inevitable legalization of MJ at the federal level.  It's going to have a huge impact on our lives from at home to the politics in this country.

Yep, and you didn't even mention biomass. Grown for seed, hemp can produce rich biomass that can be used to manufacture bioplastics, potentially eliminating petroleum-based plastics. There's a lot of research to be done, but the technology is certainly there.

40 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Yep, and you didn't even mention biomass. Grown for seed, hemp can produce rich biomass that can be used to manufacture bioplastics, potentially eliminating petroleum-based plastics. There's a lot of research to be done, but the technology is certainly there.

Yes and we need to push that technology hard.  

https://1bagatatime.com/learn/plastic-bags-petroleum/

10% of our oil goes to plastic.  That's still a lot of oil.  Every time I go to my wife's Target that she works at, I always drop off all the plastic bags into the recycle box and the same for other recyclables.  I'm going to have to push myself harder to use the reusable bags that I have at home more often.  It's so amazing how much less trash I throw in the dumpster these days.  It might take me more than a week to fill up a 13 gallon trash bag thanks to all of that recycling.

Every photo that I see of the ocean and all those plastic & waste, it just pisses me off.

• 1 month later...

Archived