Jump to content

Weed Thread


Orange

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

Jalapeno, do you live in CO or did you just go to school here?

Yes I live in Colorado & some family went to CU while I went somewhere else.  I have seen the pros and cons of Amendment 64 up close.  There has been an increase in traffic related deaths and there has been articles written about it but it is still inconclusive and not enough evidence to blame it on pot.  At least the state toughened up the DUI laws for a change.  The population has boomed during that time and commutes on I-25 are nearly twice as long as 5-10 years ago.  Yes I was against Amendment 64 and then I read about Charlotte's Web CBD especially on a little girl then I started reading The Cannabist more often so I have a much more open mind towards weed although I think MM would be a better option than recreational use.

Another downside is that it has led to a big increase in the cost of buying a home since apartments & renters do not have to allow recreational pot and normally don't allow it so you have to have your own home if you really want to enjoy pot legally.  Just imagine how much a house in California will cost in a few years. :o  And there will be more panhandlers waving cardboard signs asking donations for their next hit...and there's more homeless people that decided getting their hit was more important than staying under a roof or it's just so expensive living here due to all the people that have moved in from across the country.  If more Californians end up going back home, I will not complain one bit! 

But without Amendment 64, we wouldn't have reaped the benefits of CBD and industrial hemp and overall, I'd say it has been a net positive that could get better.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Yes I live in Colorado & some family went to CU while I went somewhere else.  I have seen the pros and cons of Amendment 64 up close.  There has been an increase in traffic related deaths and there has been articles written about it but it is still inconclusive and not enough evidence to blame it on pot.  At least the state toughened up the DUI laws for a change.  The population has boomed during that time and commutes on I-25 are nearly twice as long as 5-10 years ago.  Yes I was against Amendment 64 and then I read about Charlotte's Web CBD especially on a little girl then I started reading The Cannabist more often so I have a much more open mind towards weed although I think MM would be a better option than recreational use.

Another downside is that it has led to a big increase in the cost of buying a home since apartments & renters do not have to allow recreational pot and normally don't allow it so you have to have your own home if you really want to enjoy pot legally.  Just imagine how much a house in California will cost in a few years. :o  And there will be more panhandlers waving cardboard signs asking donations for their next hit...and there's more homeless people that decided getting their hit was more important than staying under a roof or it's just so expensive living here due to all the people that have moved in from across the country.  If more Californians end up going back home, I will not complain one bit! 

But without Amendment 64, we wouldn't have reaped the benefits of CBD and industrial hemp and overall, I'd say it has been a net positive that could get better.

 

What....the ....fuck?

 

Have you ever considered the benefit of organizing your thoughts before you just begin vomiting words onto the screen?  I challenge anyone to determine what in the fuck you're talking about here.  Do you think marijuana is like crack?  And most lease agreements deal with illegal drugs, or smoking.  Nothing legally stops anyone from consuming marijuana edibles in their leased apartment.

"Imagine how many people have to buy a home because they can't smoke a Marlboro in their rented house?  And more homeless will be on the streets because their next drag on a Virginia slim is more important than rent!"

See how fucking stupid you sound? 

There.  NOW I've insulted you, you fucking moron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Yes I live in Colorado & some family went to CU while I went somewhere else.  I have seen the pros and cons of Amendment 64 up close.  There has been an increase in traffic related deaths and there has been articles written about it but it is still inconclusive and not enough evidence to blame it on pot.  At least the state toughened up the DUI laws for a change.  The population has boomed during that time and commutes on I-25 are nearly twice as long as 5-10 years ago.  Yes I was against Amendment 64 and then I read about Charlotte's Web CBD especially on a little girl then I started reading The Cannabist more often so I have a much more open mind towards weed although I think MM would be a better option than recreational use.

Another downside is that it has led to a big increase in the cost of buying a home since apartments & renters do not have to allow recreational pot and normally don't allow it so you have to have your own home if you really want to enjoy pot legally.  Just imagine how much a house in California will cost in a few years. :o  And there will be more panhandlers waving cardboard signs asking donations for their next hit...and there's more homeless people that decided getting their hit was more important than staying under a roof or it's just so expensive living here due to all the people that have moved in from across the country.  If more Californians end up going back home, I will not complain one bit! 

But without Amendment 64, we wouldn't have reaped the benefits of CBD and industrial hemp and overall, I'd say it has been a net positive that could get better.

 

I think I could've derailed the brain-barf train that was the unbolded section of this paragraph to say, Jalepeno, I think I know what you're trying to say here, and you are absolutely wrong. If Colorado is anything like Oregon (it is) than one does not need to own their own house to, and here is where I think I know what you mean, grow enough pot to consume as much as you think they are consuming. Hint. It's not that much. The amount a person gets from a plant or as you're probably thinking a basement full of weed plants is only in extreme cases for personal use. The vast majority of legal pot users may use some every day, but it will be a bowl or two. Maybe a joint. Maybe on a camping trip you go crazy, maybe you take few weeks off, but you still go to work and wash the dishes. It doesn't change how mustard tastes! I can get rogered every day before I go to bed for like 80 bucks worth of pot, for which there's a gang of stores (and billboards on the freeway) that I park at, show my id, exchange some paper from my wallet and leave with a film canister or three full of a plant that makes me happy. Lasts a guy a cuppla weeks. I mean, if I wanted it to, of course  

 

Fuck you and your misconceptions. 

 

Renters dont gove a frenchmans fuck if you vape on the porch. You think the manager at a cul-de-sac full of townhouses isn't smoking weed and listening to Zepplin mowing all those yards. Cmon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's a homeschooled evangelical who believes he needs to "agree" with everyone else's lifestyle in order for them to live it.

 

Enough said.  He and bruin and Don can all go pound sand.  I hate people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Yes I live in Colorado & some family went to CU while I went somewhere else.  I have seen the pros and cons of Amendment 64 up close.  There has been an increase in traffic related deaths and there has been articles written about it but it is still inconclusive and not enough evidence to blame it on pot.  At least the state toughened up the DUI laws for a change.  The population has boomed during that time and commutes on I-25 are nearly twice as long as 5-10 years ago.  Yes I was against Amendment 64 and then I read about Charlotte's Web CBD especially on a little girl then I started reading The Cannabist more often so I have a much more open mind towards weed although I think MM would be a better option than recreational use.

Another downside is that it has led to a big increase in the cost of buying a home since apartments & renters do not have to allow recreational pot and normally don't allow it so you have to have your own home if you really want to enjoy pot legally.  Just imagine how much a house in California will cost in a few years. :o  And there will be more panhandlers waving cardboard signs asking donations for their next hit...and there's more homeless people that decided getting their hit was more important than staying under a roof or it's just so expensive living here due to all the people that have moved in from across the country.  If more Californians end up going back home, I will not complain one bit! 

But without Amendment 64, we wouldn't have reaped the benefits of CBD and industrial hemp and overall, I'd say it has been a net positive that could get better.

 

I just want to point out there has been a substantial increase in automobile fatalities... NATIONWIDE. Has nothing to do with cannabis, and everything to do with texting while driving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alabama has seen an increase in fatal crashes. 

No doubt this is due to the LACK of recreational marijuana in the state: https://www.ua.edu/news/2017/01/fatal-crashes-in-alabama-increase-in-2016-ua-study-finds/

 

Here's the national figures:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/whats-driving-the-massive-surge-in-traffic-deaths/

Obviously, the number of deaths is a direct result of a lack of awareness of Luke Heimlich's sexual offenses.  #JalapenoLogic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nakedmolerat said:

I think I could've derailed the brain-barf train that was the unbolded section of this paragraph to say, Jalepeno, I think I know what you're trying to say here, and you are absolutely wrong. If Colorado is anything like Oregon (it is) than one does not need to own their own house to, and here is where I think I know what you mean, grow enough pot to consume as much as you think they are consuming. Hint. It's not that much. The amount a person gets from a plant or as you're probably thinking a basement full of weed plants is only in extreme cases for personal use. The vast majority of legal pot users may use some every day, but it will be a bowl or two. Maybe a joint. Maybe on a camping trip you go crazy, maybe you take few weeks off, but you still go to work and wash the dishes. It doesn't change how mustard tastes! I can get rogered every day before I go to bed for like 80 bucks worth of pot, for which there's a gang of stores (and billboards on the freeway) that I park at, show my id, exchange some paper from my wallet and leave with a film canister or three full of a plant that makes me happy. Lasts a guy a cuppla weeks. I mean, if I wanted it to, of course  

 

Fuck you and your misconceptions. 

 

Renters dont gove a frenchmans fuck if you vape on the porch. You think the manager at a cul-de-sac full of townhouses isn't smoking weed and listening to Zepplin mowing all those yards. Cmon. 

You can't grow pot in your apartment or house if the landlord doesn't allow that.  I have seen many tenants at my apartment complex end up getting booted out as a result.  And given that Colorado was the first state to legalize weed, that is what happened and it is not limited to the Denver area especially with the FasTracks expansion project in addition to the home builders not getting back up to full speed which has compounded the supply problem here in Colorado.

You certainly are the one with misconceptions here.  There's a reason why the Colorado Supreme Court just ruled that making hash oil still fell under the controlled substance act.  There's a good reason why apartments and landlords that do not reside at their properties prohibit marijuana from being in their properties.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/22/colorado-supreme-court-hash-oil-explosion-not-protected/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Orange said:

He's a homeschooled evangelical who believes he needs to "agree" with everyone else's lifestyle in order for them to live it.

 

Enough said.  He and bruin and Don can all go pound sand.  I hate people.

You need help.  Getting ticked off when people disagree with something means you truly have a problem and resorting to name calling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

I just want to point out there has been a substantial increase in automobile fatalities... NATIONWIDE. Has nothing to do with cannabis, and everything to do with texting while driving.

I don't disagree with that.  It's that I have not seen such high numbers in Colorado compared to other states that I have lived in.  That's why it's difficult to pin the fatalities to legalized pot given that past data isn't necessarily available and I did work as an intern at the United States Department of Transportation on highway fatality numbers related to speed so I can certainly speak on this topic.  If you are curious about my findings, the increased speed limits wouldn't be the reason people are getting killed on the roads but it has more to do with the variety of speeds cars are traveling on the same highway.  Knowing the northern part of Colorado and the counties in that state have the higher death numbers, I'd say speed is probably a main factor but when you include booze or pot, it can't be good.  That's why tougher DUI laws are needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Effects on the lung while smoking pot.  If i ever decided to use weed, it won't include smoke in any form.  I have heard that smoking pot leads to more tar in the lungs than cigarette smoke and the American Lung Association supports this due to people inhaling more smoke while using pot compared to cigarette smoke.
 

Quote

Marijuana Smoke

Smoke is harmful to lung health. Whether from burning wood, tobacco or marijuana, toxins and carcinogens are released from the combustion of materials. Smoke from marijuana combustion has been shown to contain many of the same toxins, irritants and carcinogens as tobacco smoke.4-7

Beyond just what's in the smoke alone, marijuana is typically smoked differently than tobacco. Marijuana smokers tend to inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than cigarette smokers, which leads to a greater exposure per breath to tar.8

Secondhand marijuana smoke contains many of the same toxins and carcinogens found in directly inhaled marijuana smoke, in similar amounts if not more.5 While there is no data on the health consequences of breathing secondhand marijuana smoke, there is concern that it could cause harmful health effects, especially among vulnerable children in the home. Additional research on the health effects of secondhand marijuana smoke is needed.

Quote

Medical Marijuana

The American Lung Association encourages continued research into the health effects of marijuana use, as the benefits, risks and safety of marijuana use for medical purposes require further study. Patients considering using marijuana for medicinal purposes should make this decision in consultation with their doctor, and consider means of administration other than smoking.

Bottom Line

Smoking marijuana clearly damages the human lung, and regular use leads to chronic bronchitis and can cause an immune-compromised person to be more susceptible to lung infections. No one should be exposed to secondhand marijuana smoke. Due to the risks it poses to lung health, the American Lung Association strongly cautions the public against smoking marijuana as well as tobacco products. More research is needed into the effects of marijuana on health, especially lung health.

Smoking pot & cigarettes is not good for you period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

http://hppr.org/post/marijuana-production-brings-green-not-environmental-sense

Even if pot brings in the green, it is not environmentally friendly when it comes to production due to the energy required to grow pot in homes especially in locked places.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/would-legalizing-pot-be-good-for-environment/

Hemp and CBD isn't portrayed in the same light as pot and is a positive on the environment.

http://www.alternet.org/environment/how-hemp-could-replace-petroleum-fuel

Could hemp replace the petroleum for automotives?  Another way to secure our national security.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good article on using weed as relaxation...people don't realize that they might be overdoing it when it comes to THC.  Test subjects were given pills containing THC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/09/smoke-weed-to-relax-you-may-want-to-reconsider/?utm_term=.fb57de4825af

Good stuff...CBD would be a much better alternative to the THC.

https://mic.com/articles/166057/best-weed-for-anxiety-all-the-strains-to-help-you-relax#.nN5FvHU0a

Project CBD.  

Quote

CBD-rich” versus “CBD dominant:” By “CBD-rich,” we mean a cannabis strain or product that has equal amounts of CBD and THC, or more CBD than THC (usually at least 4 percent CBD by dry weight.). By “CBD-dominant,” we mean strains or products that are CBD-rich but have very little THC content.

https://www.projectcbd.org/about/what-cbd

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CBD Chewing Gum

https://www.endoca.com/en/p124-buy-cbd-chewing-gum-150mg-cbd-oil-chewing-gum

chewing-gum-main.png

 

Question is why is there a need for marijuana when you can have CBD products instead?  The great part about this thread is that it has led me to research alternatives to weed.

Also just saw an ad for CBD gum at Target...they even sell hemp milk as well.  I plan on attempting to use CBD gum and see how that works out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

You need help.  Getting ticked off when people disagree with something means you truly have a problem and resorting to name calling.

Disagree all you want, asshole.  But insisting that the government legislate your personal opinions so as to stop OTHER people from doing what they want with their own bodies makes you the shithead.  Not me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

I don't disagree with that.  It's that I have not seen such high numbers in Colorado compared to other states that I have lived in.  That's why it's difficult to pin the fatalities to legalized pot given that past data isn't necessarily available and I did work as an intern at the United States Department of Transportation on highway fatality numbers related to speed so I can certainly speak on this topic.  If you are curious about my findings, the increased speed limits wouldn't be the reason people are getting killed on the roads but it has more to do with the variety of speeds cars are traveling on the same highway.  Knowing the northern part of Colorado and the counties in that state have the higher death numbers, I'd say speed is probably a main factor but when you include booze or pot, it can't be good.  That's why tougher DUI laws are needed.

You spent an entire paragraph contradicting your own hypothesis about weed and driving, and then you conclude with "Tougher DUI laws are needed."

You're too stupid to insult.  The increased vehicle fatalities have absolutely nothing to do with marijuana.  THAT'S your conclusion, and everyone else's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Effects on the lung while smoking pot.  If i ever decided to use weed, it won't include smoke in any form.  I have heard that smoking pot leads to more tar in the lungs than cigarette smoke and the American Lung Association supports this due to people inhaling more smoke while using pot compared to cigarette smoke.
 

Smoking pot & cigarettes is not good for you period.

There's "no evidence" that secondhand marijuana smoke harms people, but there's "concern"?

That's the problem with you anti-science/anti-pot lunatics.  You're still stuck with your preconceived notions that are based on "feelings" and "concerns."

Here's the facts, from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (hardly High Times magazine):

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana/what-are-marijuanas-effects-lung-health

 ...while a few small, uncontrolled studies have suggested that heavy, regular marijuana smoking could increase risk for respiratory cancers, well-designed population studies have failed to find an increased risk of lung cancer associated with marijuana use.68

One complexity in comparing the lung-health risks of marijuana and tobacco concerns the very different ways the two substances are used. While people who smoke marijuana often inhale more deeply and hold the smoke in their lungs for a longer duration than is typical with cigarettes, marijuana’s effects last longer, so people who use marijuana may smoke less frequently than those who smoke cigarettes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Good article on using weed as relaxation...people don't realize that they might be overdoing it when it comes to THC.  Test subjects were given pills containing THC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/09/smoke-weed-to-relax-you-may-want-to-reconsider/?utm_term=.fb57de4825af

Good stuff...CBD would be a much better alternative to the THC.

https://mic.com/articles/166057/best-weed-for-anxiety-all-the-strains-to-help-you-relax#.nN5FvHU0a

Project CBD.  

https://www.projectcbd.org/about/what-cbd

 

You're a terrible researcher.  Your thesis appears to be that smoking weed doesn't relax you, and then you post an article that identifies strains of weed that do exactly that.  Yes, certain strains will make you paranoid and anxious.  Others will not.  This kind of ignorance about marijuana in general breeds your hysteria.  Yes, you don't want to "overdose" on thc, it can cause paranoia, give you anxiety, etc.  For the same reason, you don't want to take 8 shots of liquor at night, because you'll become blackout drunk, and likely vomit all night and into the next morning.

The difference is, no matter how much weed you smoke, you'll never die, and you won't have a hangover.  Why am I forced to defend marijuana again?

Google is dangerous in the hands of idiots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

 

Question is why is there a need for marijuana when you can have CBD products instead?  The great part about this thread is that it has led me to research alternatives to weed.

 

CBD is just one of the many, many (including THC) cannabinoids in the marijuana plant. It is not an alternative to weed. It is weed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Smoking pot & cigarettes is not good for you period.

Correct, when smoked together. Individually, one is bad, one is not. 

I know several people (a few are employees of mine) that smoke a pack and a half or more of cigarettes each day. That's 30-40 cigarettes. 

I know no one that smokes 30 joints in a day. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, and I'd be the first to admit that anyone ingesting 30 joints worth of marijuana smoke is both damaging their lungs and having difficulty following the plot of the movie they're watching. 

Even Biggie Smalls didn't smoke that much. "I only got 5 blunts left to light. I'm set tonight."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Donate

    Please donate to support this community. We appreciate all donations!



    138% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
×
×
  • Create New...