Utah @ Arizona

azgreg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, not so sure about Espn's FPI.  Head scratcher for me.  The line started at Utah -4.5. Now at -3.

I think Utah wins by 7 in a shootout. Will be nice to see how Huntley does in a road conference opener. AZ has issues but seems to always give Utah fits. 2011 and last year have been our only wins against Az.  Match up problems for sure.

This game should tell us something about Utah. If the Utes cannot beat the Wildcats it will be a long season with only a couple of potential wins left on the schedule.

Utah's offense should be able to put up some points ( hoping they get redzone figured out so they are td's rather than fg's ), hopefully the defense can handle Arizona's rushing attack. I don't know why Utah always seems to struggle against the run with Arizona, but they seem to have had more success running the ball on Utah than practically anyone else in the league.

Watched the UA-UTEP game...the Wildcats moved the ball pretty well in El Paso.  And we know how UA kept the game close with UW at this point last year.  Plus the Wildcats appear healthy which wasn't the case last season.  That would explain what Vegas thinks of this game.

1 hour ago, Pac12Fan said:

I watched the Utah game and Arizona game last week. Utah has a better defense and both have a good offense. I picked Utah in a shootout. 

Utah and shootout are rarely used in the same sentence. 

I am hoping Utah can contain Arizona's running game, but will take a win any way I can get it.

You should be familiar with Utah shootouts from last years game with the Bruins. Worst defensive performance and best offensive performance of the year for the Utes.

1 hour ago, Mano said:

My fondest memory of a Utah vs. Arizona game

This was the high point for Ute football before the 2004 Fiesta Bowl.

You are showing your age my friend.. I'm right there with you.. I started in the early Fassel days, in the shitbox Rice stadium era.. In the wild days of humiliation, the "duck offense".. Watching Scott Mitchell was a treat though.. 

19 minutes ago, azgreg said:

I honestly don't have a clue how the game is going to go tonight. I do know that the sharp money is starting to come in in Vegas and the line has moved to -4 less than an hour ago.

I think it really comes down to if AZ can run the ball..  I also think Utah will try to expose all the freshman you have playing.. Our offense is better than the past few years(against inferior cupcake competition to be fair) and our QB is getting a lot of hype.  We've been semi sloppy with the ball and have had a few turnovers the past few game but still are in the + in turnover margin..

2 hours ago, utenation said:

I think it really comes down to if AZ can run the ball..  I also think Utah will try to expose all the freshman you have playing.. Our offense is better than the past few years(against inferior cupcake competition to be fair) and our QB is getting a lot of hype.  We've been semi sloppy with the ball and have had a few turnovers the past few game but still are in the + in turnover margin..

I'd add out awesome penalty yardage as well.  And by awesome I mean WTF?!!

Archived