It doesn’t fit anywhere else, so put it here

KUGRDON

how many of you Californians remember/knew about this place:

At 425 E 42nd, not far from USC.  Home of the MLB Angels in 1961 and a few minor league baseball teams.  Memories?  I remember watching Home Run Derby televised from there in the 1950s I think.

Mays vs Mantle

1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

My brother had an Stanford MBA admissions interview with the deputy Pac 12 commissioner. He had asked me what to ask but all of the questions I could think of probably wouldn't have helped him

"When are you going to get the Pac 12 Networks on Direct TV!?  Is it time to admit that not partnering with a distributor was a huge mistake?  What are you guys doing to proactively grow the pac 12 brand? Isn't it time we end the Friday Conference Championship game experiment already?"

Yeah, I wouldn't have been of much help either. 

2 hours ago, All Hail said:

"When are you going to get the Pac 12 Networks on Direct TV!?  Is it time to admit that not partnering with a distributor was a huge mistake?  What are you guys doing to proactively grow the pac 12 brand? Isn't it time we end the Friday Conference Championship game experiment already?"

Yeah, I wouldn't have been of much help either. 

Will Pac 12 endorse a plan that expands NBA G League and bans 1 and done by barring those who accept a scholarship from entering the NBA or G League until their class graduates?  Would the result be that college basketball looks more like college baseball?  Would coaches accept a world where there is much less television revenue to be distributed and spent on coaches salaries?

Nope, little help here.

On 1/25/2018 at 7:56 PM, Jalapeno said:

You said 62?

Image result for cu 62 nu 36

That's a sore spot for Oregon fans since the Ducks kicked the shit out of that Buffalo team in the Fiesta Bowl after CU was ranked ahead of 1-loss Oregon in the final BCS standings that year,  There is no way that Nebraska team should have played in the Rose Bowl against The U, and that CU team, who lost 2 games in the regular season including one at home to Fresno Fucking State.

• Like 1

Agreed, that DEFINITELY should've been a UO/Miami final.  Gotta give the edge to the Hurricanes, but I think it would've been a lot more competitive.

I vaguely recall a Hurricane fan holding up a sign after they beat the Huskers saying "Take That Oregon!" or some derivation thereof.  Huh?  Douchebags.

i've always been torn on this.

yes, oregon deserved to play in the title game.

but that miami team may have been the greatest of all time, and as much as i love me some joey harrington, i do not... think... we'd win that game. and that's not even me being a douchey debbie downer, i think that's just logic and whatnot. so while we got shafted, we can live throughout eternity complaining about our royal screwjob and the great what-if, thanks to us successfully kicking the tar out of that colorado team.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd anoint that Miami team the best ever (didn't they dominate the Big LEast and have Ken Dorsey at QB?), but I agree that they probably would have beaten Oregon.

I long ago gave up, "We should've played instead of Nebraska" in favor of "The wrist is down!"

1 hour ago, glduck said:

i've always been torn on this.

yes, oregon deserved to play in the title game.

but that miami team may have been the greatest of all time, and as much as i love me some joey harrington, i do not... think... we'd win that game. and that's not even me being a douchey debbie downer, i think that's just logic and whatnot. so while we got shafted, we can live throughout eternity complaining about our royal screwjob and the great what-if, thanks to us successfully kicking the tar out of that colorado team.

I still think playing in that game would have elevated the program much quicker than getting lucky on Chip going to Eugene 6 years later after Ludwig and Crowton tried to kill the program, plus if you watch the highlights from it, UO had a lot of NFL players on it, too.   Phil Knight was already putting money into the program, and that BCS title appearance may have expedited the process while at the same time not allowing USC to dominate the worst Pac 10 in modern history for years.

Much more than CU did, or even Nebraska.  Morris and Smith were NFL RBs, Samie Parker and Keenan Howry were NFL players at WR, Joey was an NFL QB (yes a flawed one, but come on he played for Detroit), Justin Peelle and George Wrighster were in the pros at TE, and there were two NFL linemen on that offense.  Plus the defense had NFL players in Keith Lewis, ****** Smith, Wes Mallard, Rashad Bauman, Igor Olshansky and probably a few others I missed.

They weren't going to beat that Miami team, but they were so much better than the NU and CU teams that the BCS had ahead of them.

• Like 1