It doesn’t fit anywhere else, so put it here

KUGRDON

I love the triple option and I have said that on this board before.  The following D1 teams that run the triple option are:

Georgia Tech

Army

Navy

Air Force

The Citadel

Kennesaw State

Would love one brave Pac-12 school to install that offense!

https://tripleoptionfootball.com/2015/11/19/which-division-1-schools-run-the-under-center-triple-option/

49 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I love the triple option and I have said that on this board before.  The following D1 teams that run the triple option are:

Georgia Tech

Army

Navy

Air Force

The Citadel

Kennesaw State

https://tripleoptionfootball.com/2015/11/19/which-division-1-schools-run-the-under-center-triple-option/

The service academies run the triple option (flex offense) for several reasons.  It's to level the playing field because (1) they have graduation weight limits, (2) the have post-graduation commitments which limit their chance to recruit blue-chips because jumping to the NFL is out, (3) it allows them to control the clock, keeping games closer than they otherwise would be, and (4) it requires players to be selfless, giving up personal glory, not exactly what P5 players are looking for.  By the way, Jalapeno, if I understand the future scheduling, you'll have a chance to experience it yourself, with Colorado set up with future home-and-homes with both Air Force and Georgia Tech.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Georgia Tech

Army

Navy

Air Force

The Citadel

Kennesaw State

CU should.

1 hour ago, Downthefield said:

The service academies run the triple option (flex offense) for several reasons.  It's to level the playing field because (1) they have graduation weight limits, (2) the have post-graduation commitments which limit their chance to recruit blue-chips because jumping to the NFL is out, (3) it allows them to control the clock, keeping games closer than they otherwise would be, and (4) it requires players to be selfless, giving up personal glory, not exactly what P5 players are looking for.  By the way, Jalapeno, if I understand the future scheduling, you'll have a chance to experience it yourself, with Colorado set up with future home-and-homes with both Air Force and Georgia Tech.

I'm pretty familiar with that since CU ran the option under McCartney and it was something you saw in the old Big 8 from opposing teams especially Iowa State and Nebraska.

Who knows about Georgia Tech running that offense by the time those two meet in the mid-2020's?  Maybe Kennesaw State's current HC (who worked at GT with Johnson) would be the GT coach at that time.

11 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

CU should.

That is my wet dream and did that & still would do that in NCAA Football 14.

27 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I'm pretty familiar with that since CU ran the option under McCartney and it was something you saw in the old Big 8 from opposing teams especially Iowa State and Nebraska.

Who knows about Georgia Tech running that offense by the time those two meet in the mid-2020's?  Maybe Kennesaw State's current HC (who worked at GT with Johnson) would be the GT coach at that time.

That is my wet dream and did that & still would do that in NCAA Football 14.

Really more than I wanted to read.

Read option gives defenses a much tougher job than triple option.  More defenders have to be assigned to QB in read option.  There is a reason few teams run TO.

WSU ran TO in early 1970s under Jim Sweeney.  Took a couple years for the league to catch on.  Sweeney moved to a different offense.

i have absolutely no fear of heights. i think i could totally do that.

that said, i am violently afraid of confined spaces/being trapped somewhere. some friends want to do this panic room thing that opened up here in town (are these everywhere? apparently you are locked in a room and have to solve clues or some shit to get out?) and i'm having severe anxiety over it. being trapped in a confined area is NOT my jam (see also: heavily medicated glduck on any plane excursion no matter how short). 

23 minutes ago, glduck said:

i have absolutely no fear of heights. i think i could totally do that.

that said, i am violently afraid of confined spaces/being trapped somewhere. some friends want to do this panic room thing that opened up here in town (are these everywhere? apparently you are locked in a room and have to solve clues or some shit to get out?) and i'm having severe anxiety over it. being trapped in a confined area is NOT my jam (see also: heavily medicated glduck on any plane excursion no matter how short). 

I’ve always been skittish about heights and now on some medication that makes me scared shitless of heights.  Not afraid in an airplane oddly enough.  A couple of summers ago I was driving north from Seaside, OR, heading for Castle Rock, WA.  I was staring up the road at that bridge over the Columbia at Astoria for what seemed like an eternity, getting more and more anxious.  As I got closer my anxiety neared panic attack levels.  My 85 year old Korea War Veteran Uncle was with me.  I pulled off the road and stopped at a coffee shop.  I surprised my Uncle when I stopped the waitress and said, “My Uncle is 85 and has a weak heart and he’s scared to go over that bridge.  Is there another, lower bridge we can use?”  She directed us to another bridge 30 miles away.  And yes, when we got outside my Uncle called me a pussy.

18 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

I’ve always been skittish about heights and now on some medication that makes me scared shitless of heights.  Not afraid in an airplane oddly enough.  A couple of summers ago I was driving north from Seaside, OR, heading for Castle Rock, WA.  I was staring up the road at that bridge over the Columbia at Astoria for what seemed like an eternity, getting more and more anxious.  As I got closer my anxiety neared panic attack levels.  My 85 year old Korea War Veteran Uncle was with me.  I pulled off the road and stopped at a coffee shop.  I surprised my Uncle when I stopped the waitress and said, “My Uncle is 85 and has a weak heart and he’s scared to go over that bridge.  Is there another, lower bridge we can use?”  She directed us to another bridge 30 miles away.  And yes, when we got outside my Uncle called me a pussy.

Ha! That was nice of him to wait until you got outside though.