It doesn’t fit anywhere else, so put it here

KUGRDON

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 11:38 AM, Mano said:

Would be nice if a mod removed the spam.

When it changed hands, I lost the ability to remove/ban, just hide. I got some mod powers back, so I should be able to stop it once it happens. Not sure if we need another layer of authenticity to keep spammers from registering.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 12:01 PM, Quack 12 said:

About 50K on race day, not too bad for NASCAR in LA.

Shit, I was hoping for a self-own from HLB about how LA and the west coast sucks because we're not entertained by 20 dudes in cars making left turns for 4 hours.

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2023 at 12:09 PM, MrBug708 said:

That was a pretty small buyout too

yeah, possibly a mistake by the AD. Certainly need to try to negotiate a larger buyout for games with B1G teams going forward. UW had Wisconsin cancel a series a while back as well. Michigan also moved back their visit to Seattle several years ... I wonder if a cancellation is coming there as well. 

On 2/16/2023 at 3:14 PM, row Z said:

yeah, possibly a mistake by the AD. Certainly need to try to negotiate a larger buyout for games with B1G teams going forward. UW had Wisconsin cancel a series a while back as well. Michigan also moved back their visit to Seattle several years ... I wonder if a cancellation is coming there as well. 

Conspiracy theorists who have an optimistic streak (strange breed) believe that these moves portend a move to the B1G.

On 2/16/2023 at 2:23 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Conspiracy theorists who have an optimistic streak (strange breed) believe that these moves portend a move to the B1G.

UCLA still has a built in HH series with Northwestern and Wisconsin that hasn't been officially cancelled and that is with UCLA already starting B1G in the season after this next one.
My guess is this is just the byproduct of UW not looking like an easy win, combined with Ohio State not really needing to come west occasionally in OOC with the LA market schools.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:31 PM, MrBug708 said:

UCLA still has a built in HH series with Northwestern and Wisconsin that hasn't been officially cancelled and that is with UCLA already starting B1G in the season after this next one.
My guess is this is just the byproduct of UW not looking like an easy win, combined with Ohio State not really needing to come west occasionally in OOC with the LA market schools.

The games with the B1G schools aren't until 2029 to 2035.  Maybe they've been left there on the schedule with the thought among B1G schools that they might want to reconsider, and after reeling in UCLA, now that they look at them, decide to throw them back into the lake.